Olympia Hills Golf Course is very exciting and enhances San Antonio's reputation as a golf destination. A unique combination of natural topography and man-made mounds and bunkers make this a super course. Native South Texas vegetation and golf course grass seed formulations on fairways and greens will provide state-of-the-game playing surfaces. The views are spectacular, with several holes playing to greens well below the tees, while other lead to a significant rise to reach the putting surface. Fairways, which on some holes are tight, are often sloped and guarded by bunkers. The tips will not be played by the faint hearted, but with four sets of tee boxes, the course can be enjoyed by all levels of players.

Olympia Hills Golf Club

Architect Finger Dye Spann (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee (with GPS)

Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Friendly staff

This was our first time playing at this course. We missed our tee time by just a few minutes; we didn’t know to check in with the “starter.” We were told we would have to wait for the other groups to go ahead of us. However, the Marshall, Chris asked us to follow him to find our group- we only missed the first whole. The starter, I wish I caught his name, and Chris were so kind to us; it turned out to be a great day and my son had a really good day on the greens. We also lucked out with the players we joined. Very kind to my son.
Friendly staff in the clubhouse too. Everyone went above and beyond. We will definitely be retuning to OH in the future.

Awesome Course

The course is In Excellent shape. The price is very affordable for such a nice course.

Great Friendly Staff

Such a nice course, well the front 9 is great the back 9 average to okay. Seems like 2 different courses. Play was faster than normal, course was great condition and well maintained. Staff in the pro shop was fantastic, thank you to the female employee who checked us in on 10.7.21 at noon, we were late and she really took great care of us.. Fun times at Olympia Hills!

Course rating

This was the second time I have played Olympia Hills. This trip i was disappointed in the course condition. Bunkers with sitting water, completely unraked or with tractor tire tracks through them. The maintenance crew was in the way on two holes on the front nine driving vehicles through the fairway and greenside bunkers. The greens had a lot of dead spots. The distance markers were difficult to locate and there was only one distance per hole. It could be a fun golf course if it was a little more player friendly. I also noted that the cost for a pay and play course in this area is cheaper for better conditioned courses.

The course was in good condition unfortunately the night before was a continuous rain thus most of the bunkers and some fairways were still flooded.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will invite some friends and come back to play this course.

Maintenance Crew obnoxious

This was my second time playing this course love the elevation changes and difficulty of par 3’s. Would of gave 5 star for this course but unfortunately for the first 5 holes we had a maintenance man on a lawn mower chasing us and would not turn off his mower when we teed off, also some how he maintained our pace of play for every hit we took with his mower running no more than 20 feet from us. Once we lost lawn mower man we approached hole 6 where low and behold two Maintenance men were aerating the tee box and would not turn off their machines and continued to work directly in front of us while we drove off the tee box (could of easily knocked this guy out with a drive but had no care to who was hitting directly behind him even after we told him we were hitting). I understand the course needs to be maintained but if you expect golfers to upkeep proper golf Etiquette such as fill in divots not leave trash on course the maintenance staff should be on same page for the golfers paying to play here. The front nine would of been enjoyable if it wasn’t for this experience.

Good play

overall like the course.
don't feel the pricing and overall charges were upfront on the GolfNow website

Staff Starter was friendly and offered advice on how to approach parts of the course, very helpful

Pace of Play

Love to be able to consistently play a sub-4 hour round. Nice layout with some challenging holes. Some require course management vs grip/rip. Course could use some maintenance. Watering would be nice. Traps could use some sand. Overall, I enjoy this course and will return on a regular basis

What a gem!

I was honestly surprised by this course. The layout is truly unique to the area and it utilizes the topography well. They were not kidding around when they added hills to the name, because there were plenty of hills to go around. The course was in fantastic shape and very lush, the greens rolled true. A few pitch marks left by golfers but I cant knock the course for that, marshalls cant babysit every group. A true hidden gem for the money. Mike and Sal were the epitome of professionalism. Highly recommend to anyone visiting the San Antonio area.

Nice course, not so good management and service

Course was great. But pace of play creates a long 5 plus hour round! They had no monitor to keep slow groups moving. Add that with basically, NO, hospitality cart! 98*, humid as crazy and we saw the cart girl one time in 18 holes. Took 5 plus minutes at the bar after 9 holes to get service for drinks to continue. Sad for what could/should be a very good course and facility!

1st time here

Wanted to hit the range before my round but due to a tournament being played today I wasn’t allowed.

They let me start my round 40 minutes early but had no starter to guide groups and what not.

We were stuck behind a group of 4 older guys that were playing insanely slow. At one point we sat at the tee box for about 15+ minutes waiting for them. They need a marshal out for things like that. Pace was slow enough I almost left. We even got drinks after the 9th hole and still had to sit around waiting.

Multiple tee boxes were extremely hard to get a tee in the ground and the greens were not in very good condition at all.

For the price compared to other courses in the area, I won’t be back.

Great value

This is a very nice course with hill country appeal. Lots of trees and hills. Overall great condition course to go along with the awesome scenery. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely recommend giving this course a try if you are in the area.

Trash

Could it be any drier , greens are trash, broke tees trying to put them in the ground to tee off, no cart girl. Maybe update the gps . A small step above Ft sam, small…

Randolph AFB, Texas
Windcrest, Texas
Semi-private
Military/Public
Military/Public
San Antonio, Texas
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.