Silverhorn Golf Club of Texas, located only 15 minutes from San Antonio's Riverwalk, has quickly gained a reputation as being some of the best golf in Texas. The layout covers 262 scenic acres of rolling hills covered in mature oaks and cedar trees. The challenging golf course features tree-lined fairways and carefully contoured greens. There are also lakes and creeks, both dry and wet, coming into play throughout the golf course. The front nine's signature hole is the par-5 sixth, which has 20 acres of water bordering the entire left side, while the back nine's signature is the par-4 15th, which is considered the toughest hole on the golf course. This 446-yard hole features an elevated green that is guarded by a large bunker on the left and two creeks crossing the fairway.

Silverhorn Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Randy Heckenkemper (1995)

Caddies Yes

Near the Airport 45

No play due to weather ! Course was closed

Weather was unplayable!
I called the course to advise Golfnow so that you guys can refund my $$$$. Staff argued with me that I have to call you guys ! But you guys never answer call !

Refunded is needed asap !

Commented on 01/20/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas!

Awesome Deal!

We got a hot deal on Golfnow and the price was crazy low. The course is very challenging but had a great time.

Commented on 01/18/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Good greens, so so fairways, (lots of hard pan)…about a 4.5 hour round (very slow) for $20 tho, a heck of a deal..cheers

Commented on 01/18/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Commented on 01/18/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Decent Public Track

Traveling on business was my first time playing in South Tx. When I got to the pro shop, the first thing I noticed was the quality and diverse product choices. Shirts, balls, jackets, etc. It surprised me for being a small clubhouse. First and foremost, the staff is professional, cordial, and engaging. Upon learning this was my first time, the asst pro asked what I typically shoot so he could recommend the most appropriate tee box (4 sets).
Range and putting green area right outside the pro shop. Since I was single, the pro assigned me a cart number gave me the key, and off I went to warm up.
Very professional surprise, but the pro announces over the loudspeaker our group is on the tee box in 7 minutes and to please proceed to the box. Very cordial and professional
Now the experience playing - it took 4:40 hrs to play. I was paired with a member and two other guests. We played ready golf. The pace was slow as many groups were playing the wrong box, and if they put a ball into the woods would go back and reload - regardless of where they were on the course. Frustration built, but our foursome resorted to telling stories to pass the time.
There was a ranger driving around, but he was utterly useless.
The best thing about the course are the greens, Fast, consistent, and undulating/ For whatever reason, the ball always seems to break to the right just by the cup regardless of the angle and speed,
I do plan on coming back as the course is tight. You need to be consistent in your angles to the green, or you get penalized—very fair track.

Commented on 01/21/2022

Hello, Mark. Thank you for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and detailed review. We're glad you had a chance to play with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Commented on 01/11/2022

Hi, Calvin. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Commented on 01/11/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas!

Excellent greens.. many hard pan fairways.. for $26 a fantastic deal.. the pace of play was very slow, about 4.6 hours for 3 of us in a cart..cheers

Commented on 01/18/2022

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great track! Great layout! Will definitely be back!

Commented on 01/13/2022

Best greens

Bakers greens in San Antonio. Definitely need to hit a fairway to score well but a great course

Commented on 01/03/2022

Greens in great shape!

Fairways were in pretty good shape and the greens were in great shape.

Commented on 01/11/2022

Thanks so much for the great review! We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas.

Work on Tee Sheet

Was supposed to play at 1pm. Went off as a twosome at 12:45. A single in front of us (playing two balls every hole) with a 5-some in front of him. 5th player for the 5some showed up late and was taken out to his group by the person in the clubhouse.

Should never have this tee sheet error.

Commented on 12/17/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas!

Drinking with in the course

There were group of players who were drunk and used # 18 as their driving range..They seem to own the golf course .The management should not tolerate these kind of attitudes..The cart girl was there selling beers when she knows they are already drunk.The golf course is a place to play golf and so therefore people should not come here and get drunk and hold other players.The club house has a bar for them to get drunk .

Commented on 12/15/2021

Hello, lukeUmaming. Thank you for visiting us at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We apologize for your experience regarding the fellow golfers. We will be sure to deescalate the situation in the future. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 12/13/2021

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 12/10/2021

Commented on 12/10/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at SilverHorn Golf Club of Texas!

Semi-private
4.7419647059
Military/Public
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.