Horseshoe Resort - Valley in Barrie, Ontario, Canada | GolfPass
A view of a green at Horseshoe Resort.

Horseshoe Resort - Valley Golf Course

Year Built 1974
Golf Season Apr 15 to Oct 31

Carts Yes - $15

Entertaining Clients 11

Fantastic 12 Hole Course

Nice quick little course. Nothing fancy but perfect for an afternoon round.

Great Scenery

Cart paths were shared with mountain bikes and people walking on them on way to the first hole. An accident waiting to happen. No signage for directions to the 10th hole. You have to drive through the parking lot to find the access tunnel under the highway. The T boxes and fairways and greens were very good but the sand traps were very hard. Almost like clay. The scenery was very good and it was probably a nice course before it was chopped up. I will go back in the fall when it is not so busy with the other activities. I would like to conquer the 9th hole

Commented on 08/08/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Horseshoe Resort - Valley.

Horse shoe Valley course

I started playing this course in the 1980''s when it was a premium course. The overall facility now appears to cater to downhill ski and bike. The golf course has young kids that rode right past me on a four wheel ATV on the 9th elevated tee box. I considered this to be a $38 dollar practice area rather than a golf course that I would recommend. Sorry, but I won't be back. Your proshop lady was lovely and your course Marshall friendly and did his job well. Sorry this has happened to a once beautiful facility. David Irvine.

Commented on 08/03/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (705) 835-2790. We hope to hear from you soon, and thanks for choosing Horseshoe Resort - Valley!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Thank you for reviewing us, We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Horseshoe Resort - Valley, and we hope to see you again soon.

Neglect

We were members a few years ago. At that time it was a18 hole course and was maintained.
The course that we played on Friday was a disgrace.
The fairways were not maintained. They were full of weeds and we had to constantly move our ball to place it on a piece of grass. The greens were extremely slow and needed to be cut. The course is being neglected and would need a major redo to be called a golf course.

Commented on 07/29/2022

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain. We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon.

Excellent value. Very enjoyable.

Teetime at 1pm, but I was allowed to play at 12:10pm. Finished 12 holes in 2hr 15min. Scenic layout, lots of matured trees and downslopes, very nice. My wife didn't really play, just tried some putting on the nice green. Course not busy. Cart is needed as some holes are too far for walking time wise and effort wise.

Many short par 4s allowed me to par many holes. My wife enjoyed the cooling shades provided by the talk trees.

Would have played the next day again for less than $50 for 2, cart included from golfnow, but wife had to be home.

We had a 5 player group a head of us which slowed the pace down.

Do the handicapped not golf?

As a senior requiring, and certified, assisted parking I was very disappointed to find that no assisted parking spaces were provided near the pro shop. It was a busy Saturday and I had to park a good distance from the check in booth.

Why is this?

Fun Times at Horseshoe

The cart paths were a little rough but the greens were nice, and the elevation made for a great golf game

Commented on 07/22/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Horseshoe Resort - Valley, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 07/22/2022

. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Horseshoe Resort - Valley. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Nice day.

First time there. Will go again. A little confusing where the 10 11 and 12 hokes were located.

Not worth the money paid

Today was the first time playing horseshoe so I didn’t really have an expectations heading into my round. Leaving it i promised I wouldn’t be going back unless the price was a fraction of what I paid. The course was in horrendous shape right from the moment we got to the first tee. The Tee boxes were burnt and rock solid, you could barley get a tee in the ground. Fairways were almost non existent. They were either “ground under repair” spots or the grass was completely dead, clay, gravel or some sort of non fairway grounds. The greens were the only half decent part of the course, and even at that they still were far from anything to brag about. The course is in need of a much needed overhaul or possible a new superintendent that knows what they are doing. Definitely a disappointing first experience at horseshoe. Unfortunately I can’t see myself going back anytime soon.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Horseshoe Resort - Valley. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/07/2022

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single-star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thanks for choosing Horseshoe Resort - Valley.

Orillia, Ontario