Alsatian GC is an 18-hole with water in play. Front side fairly open and flat, almost links type play. Hole 2 surrounded by waterways and bunkers. Back side is hilly and has lots of trees. Super finishing hole with a tree in center of uphill fairway.

Throughout the course you will find challenging and beautiful fairways lined with trees and Spanish Dagger. The course also offers distance wedge game range, practice bunkers, three-level putting green, and a pre-round putting green.

Lodging: The Alsatian Inn is located approximately two miles from the club. A very nice facility, it has ninety rooms, a swimming pool, and a really good restaurant. Children under the age of fourteen stay free.

Distance: About 30 minutes from downtown on Highway
90 West to Castroville. But worth the trip....  Take Highway 90 West through Castroville; turn right at the blinking light just past the Alsatian Inn; veer left on CR 4516. Course is 2.5 miles down on the right.

Alsatian Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Steve Mrak

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover

Bar, Grill, Catering

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Hidden secret

The course was great except I only could play 9 holes they accepted my reservation but said they had no record of it and only played nine

Commented on 01/15/2021

Sometimes Golf Now has a hiccup! We always try to accommodate our customers. Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your business.

Current green speeds, unreasonable, unfair, way too fast

Golf is simply challenging enough as it is for 95% of everyday amateur's, I myself being one of them.
Course management needs to understand that when you make your greens so lightning fast that they become unreasonable and frustrating to play, you defeat the very objective you strive to achieve, which is for your customers to have fun & enjoy golf. Think about this: Wouldn't the everyday amateur prefer to go home excited to tell their family & friends about the birdie they made while shooting 85. I doubt that they would be real excited or proud to share with family & friends, their frustrating misery on the greens in shooting 95. With chips over the green, 3 & 4 putts on a hole, downhill putts that simply won't stop & trickle all the way off the green. It's utmost important to keep in mind that you want your 95% of players to have fun and want to return to your golf course. Very fast greens also contribute to slower play (the main complaint of most golfers), because more shots are needed to complete each hole.

Great place to play for the price

Love this course. Challenging enough for my husband and fun for me

Commented on 01/13/2021

Thank you for the awesome review We appreciate your business.

Commented on 01/11/2021

Thank you for the 5-start review. We appreciate your business.

Awesome

Man I absolutely loved this course. Right off the back Hole 2 is challenging. Super fun

Commented on 01/06/2021

Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate you business. Please come back, we look forward to serving you again!

Commented on 01/06/2021

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate you business and look forward to your next visit.

Great Deal

The course is always in good condition, even in winter. Excellent staff and nice people on the course.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Thank you!!! It is challenging in the winter months to keep the course pretty because of freezing temperature; however, the money we spend on over seeding with Bent makes our greens very pretty. We appreciate your business.

$25 is all u should pay for this layout. Fairways and Greens are beat up.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Good morning, I am the GM of the Alsatian and I would love to discuss what you are unhappy about. We get awesome reviews about our greens and the course overall. Sorry you didn't think so. Please feel free to call me at 830-931-3100, my name is Laura Reed

Commented on 01/06/2021

Hi , we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please be advised that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us at Alsatian Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pace of play

Do not book a tee time after 12 on Mondays. The course allows a tournament with groups of five players playing for money which slows things down even more. Play on non tournament days and the course is worth playing!

great course great staff

The course is always in great shape. The greens are fast and in great shape. The staff is always friendly , and the restaurant has great food. I look foward to playing golf at the Alsation golf course whenever i can!!!

Commented on 01/06/2021

Awesome review, THANK YOU!!! I hope you come back. Julianna's Restaurant is unveiling a band new menu in February as well.!

Commented on 01/06/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We appreciate your business.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, Charles. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Alsatian Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Over booked

They booked tee times line 8 mins apart which made the round very slow. Plus they didn’t have enough carts so we stood around for 30mins waiting for a cart. Course isn’t bad and it is wide open. That was the second time I played the course. The first time I play and we made the turn. We ordered two hotdogs and chips. It was later in the day so we wanted simmering fast and quick. It took 30mins for two hotdogs. The reason we ordered hotdogs and not simmering else is because we were in a hurry. Those are my only concerns. Over booking the course and food takes forever.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Yes December 26th was a zoo!!! We had so many bookings on the internet. overnight. We are sorry you had to wait for a cart. We have 75 cats and every one was used! Yes our tee times are 8 minutes apart, the same as the courses in San Antonio!

Commented on 12/31/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Alsatian Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 12/23/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Alsatian Golf Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 12/23/2020

A course marshal was really needed for the slow play.

Commented on 12/23/2020

Thank you for reviewing us! We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Alsatian Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Good, easier course. One of my go-to courses with my son.

Good course, easy to play. I wish a marshal would patrol and speed up play sometimes, but it was a beautiful day. Staff is usually friendly and helpful. Good value.

Commented on 12/16/2020

Thank you for the review. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your round and our staff was friendly. I am sorry to hear you thought pace of play was slow. We have a starter and marshal on the course at all times. In the future, please call the Pro Shop and we can get someone out to help you immediately. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Commented on 12/13/2020

Thank you for the 5- stars ⭐️. Your review means a lot to us. Please come back

Commented on 12/13/2020

Thank you for the good review.. We appreciate your business

Commented on 12/10/2020

Thank you Richard for the 5 star review. We appreciate your business

Very nice

As usual course in beautiful shape the staff is great and it’s a beautiful place to play!

Commented on 12/08/2020

Thank you for the awesome review. We appreciate your business. We look forward to your next visit

Loved it again!!

My cousins came from Eagle Pass to play and they love the course and they will be back

Hondo, Texas