View of hole #13 at Moody Gardens Golf Course

Moody Gardens Golf Course

Year Built 1976
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Greens Paspalum Grass
Architect Peter Jacobsen (2008) Jim Hardy (2008) Carlton Gipson (1989)

Credit Cards Accepted All credit cards accepted
Dress code Collared shirt & no denim.

No signs of freeze

Course looks green and awesome conditions. While fairways are brown everywhere else because of the recent freeze, you don’t see any signs of it here at Moody.

Commented on 01/26/2023

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented on 01/11/2023

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Greens and fairways are in immaculate shape

Challenging course that is in great condition. Back 9 has a lot of difficult tee shots that reward a good drive.

Commented on 01/11/2023

Great condition, seaside feel, challenging holes

Played with the usual 15mph SE wind making the first 4 holes on the back nine challenging, greens are perfect, fairways are very good and bunkers are very playable. Pace of play was excellent and the usual variety of birds was present. Plenty of water and brush to lose a ball in and some tough forced carries into greens make solid contact a must or the wind will make you come up short. Just an excellent experience, a great course to walk as it is a flat layout. Staff is excellent. Great practice facility with chipping green and bunker.

Few times a year

Like the course
It’s 1:45 minutes drive
Wind can be brutal
Keeps the mosquitoes away
Bring your own spray
Love the course
Last hole is great or nightmare

Conditions improvingh

Greens were in very good shape…..bunkers hardpacked…. Tee boxes need care. Still a good layout but not in as good shape as prior years……

Commented on 01/26/2023

Hi, MrBogey55. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Slow play

Let me preface this…….it was cart path only on a Friday. I had a1:30 T time, which I know was wishful thinking for me to finish. We were a two some. We mage the turn in 2 hours. We get to 10, there is a foursome a head of us. We first thought they just cut and started on 10. After talking to them they had a 12:45 T time. They were backing up the whole course. The marshal had them stop and let two groups go ahead of them. This put them ahead of us. We waited on 10 t box got 20 minutes.

What happened to skip a hole if your are not keeping up with pace of play.. Got thru 14 holes by 5, returned cart.

Commented on 01/04/2023

Hi, Sfraize. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Moody Gardens is a challenging course with the best greens south of Houston

Commented on 01/04/2023

Commented on 12/19/2022

Commented on 12/19/2022

Nice Course, but Staff Could Use Some Training

The course was in decent shape considering there is constant wind and the mosquitoes were terrible but that is Galveston.

The staff is almost to the point of rude. I was waiting in line and there were 3 people behind the counter. One was helping a customer, who was for some reason, having issues, while the other two just talked to each other. I had waited awhile when someone came in that the two other people knew and they helped him immediately while I still stood there waiting. Finally about 10 minutes later, the person still helping someone asked them to help me. As someone who use to play this course regularly and have since I was 15 playing for a local school, this is not a good look. I am a BOI and go off the island now to play because of this type of treatment. There was nothing in any of the people working the counter that gave me the feeling they were at least minimally glad I was there to play.

Great golf course; tooooo many mosquitos

It's absolutely a great golf course - staff was wonderful - however, I never seen sooooo many mosquitos in a single place like the Moody Gardens Golf Course. I probably killed 2 or 3 dozens mosquitos during the round, and got bitten by mosquitos couple of dozen times. Wow, what an interesting round of golf!

JD

Commented on 12/06/2022

Hello, zhiqbothelld. Thank you for visiting us at Moody Gardens Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Course in great shape, but mosquitoes awful

Had a good time, course good, greens had been sanded recently so they were very stiff but played pretty well.

Worst part was mosquitoes were terribly bad. If you were in the rough, you had buzzing everywhere around you. Very distracting and made you want to hurry the shot to get away from them. Weren't AS bad in the fairways and greens, but still there. Bring bug spray.

Commented on 11/29/2022

Hello, dpickering6. Thank you for visiting us at Moody Gardens Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great shape

I got a hot deal for around $47. The fairways are like carpet. The greens are gorgeous but a bit tough to read.
The wind is a factor, tho without it, the skeeters will reduce you to a skeleton.
This was a good value, with views, palm trees, manicured bunkers and diverse bird life.
Adjacent to the airport so that’s cool too, seeing touch and go’s and the occasional T-38 from NASA.
Good time

Commented on 11/29/2022

Thank you for your review, golfrfish. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Moody Gardens Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/29/2022

Hi, chanceimhoff. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Fun time at Moody

It's a fabulous golf course to play, doesn't matter what level you play.

Commented on 10/21/2022

u966144883, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Moody Gardens Golf Course.

Commented on 10/19/2022

Hi, u314161063118. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Moody Gardens Golf Course!

Galveston, Texas
Texas City, Texas
Crystal Beach, Texas
Dickinson, Texas
Dickinson, Texas
Dickenson, Texas
Resort/Private
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 3 rounds of golf on Horseshoe Bay's Apple Rock, Ram Rock, & Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.