Type Municipal
Style Executive
Creekside Golf Course

Fairways Blue Grass
Architect Don Childs (2000)

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Bar, Snacks

9-Hole Rounds 8

My go to course lately

They just keep it in such good shape. I usually play here or scherwood locally.

Creekside

Course was well kept, great views. Multiple hills and huge greens. Pace was play was horrible. They booked too many parties too close together. We had to wait at each hole for two parties to tee off and had other parties waiting behind us.

Pastoral setting with interesting layout

Creekside offers as good a balance among value, pace of play, conditioning, and interesting shot values. Set upon rolling hills and winding among trees and gullies Creekside offers a marvelous series of interesting visuals and challenging shots. From the sweeping and elevated tee shot from the par-5 first hole to the accurate second shot needed on the nearly 45-degree dogleg left par-4 second hole ( requiring an accurate approach shot through a chute of trees over a creek), Creekside offers as much quality shot-making as far more well-known courses. Of particular interest is the par-4 fourth hole that demands a blind straight drive over gorse that’s visually intimidating from the but benign from the fairway.

The pace of play is unhurried and the golfers I encountered there were extraordinarily gracious and welcoming. There are three extra holes ( totaling 12 holes) on this lovely little gem. Enjoy the entire experience… I know I did.

Underrated Course

I was very impressed with the layout and enjoyed playing way more than expected. The fairways and roughs are cut perfectly and there is no "bad spots" on any holes even in the extreme heat and humidity we have had for the past few weeks. I will Definitely be back to play again soon!

Challenging and well kept 9 hole course

I would definitely play Creekside again. Well kept course and definitely provided some challenging holes. Large mature trees throughout the course and numerous holes with water. The course also appeared to have a large driving range, a chipping green as well as a putting green.

Incentivized Review

Perfect place to play.

I've always played this course. They really made this course nice. The simulator is very cool as well. Nancy is a great golf instructor.

Illinois Advisor

This is not an executive course

Read my previous reviews. This 12 holer is definitely worth a play if you want to play 9 or 12 and/or also get some range/practice time in. A nice facility run by the Valpo Park District and has full length holes. All in all it's a pretty well designed place. The 10th thru 12th holes are definitely worth playing after or before your nine. Wasn't crowded at all on a Sunday morning at 1030am due to overnight rains. Played all 12 in about an hour and half. Some good challenges. The Par 5 8th and Par 5 12th will give you plenty of it. Greens were in decent shape and good grasses throughout. Way too many unfixed ball marks as usual. Recommend $20 value.

Challenging 9 holer

Read my previous reviews. We visit this Valpo Park District course one a year with our GolfVisions books. In really decent shape...has range, practice area and 3 additional holes besides the nine if you want to get in 12. A decent routing and water/wetlands comes into play on 6 of the nine holes so keeping your ball in play is a must for scoring. I like the vibe of this place....and wish more non 18 courses were like this. 4 sets of tees and a decent design as well. 3.25 stars.

Tough

Only nine holes but challenging. Well kept and playable even after the heavy rains the day before. Nice driving range and chipping greens.

3.5 stars nice pleasant 9 or 12 holer

Read my review from early last year. A very nice 9 or unusual 12 holer. Challenging with lots of water and some nice doglegs....little to no shade....no water jugs on course. Several sets of tees for all types of golfers. Played here prior to playing the 18 at Forest Park the other Valpo park district course. Nice range and indoor instruction facility. Greens were in decent shape and the rest of the course was in decent shape. Wish this place were closer to me because it's a pleasant place. Recommended if you want to just play 9 or 12. The eighth hole got my goat again........

Fair weather

1st Time

I play 2 to 3 times a week, but my wife is just starting to play. 18 Holes is too much for her and even the ladies tees are a challenge on a lot of courses. She loved having the ability to play back or select the tees way up. I enjoyed the layout although I was just a little confused a couple of times, there are a number of blind tee shots and I had to run up the fairway to see the layout. (we had the good fortune of having nobody pushing from behind)
We did not take advantage of the driving range and practice facility but both looked very good.
We will be back

Creekside 9 or 12

I play this course quite frequently, and I enjoy it. There is something for everyone here. The various tee boxes allow one to really mix it up as to what a hole will play like. I also like the fact that a 9 hole booking now means one can play 12 if one so chooses.
Before you had to add the 3 extra holes. Great course that will make you think about your next shot, always in very good shape. Courteous staff, and great value when booking through GolfNow. By choosing a HotDeal tee time, I basically had my spot all to myself; no one in front of me, and no one immediately behind me. Allowed me to take my time and work on a few things in my game. Would recommend this course to anyone looking for a challenge and an enjoyable round of golf.

Good weather

Nice Nine Holer

With our Golfvisions players pass our group enjoyed playing this course prior to heading out to Valpo's other course Forest Park for an afternoon 18.. Some nice challenging holes - the par 5 eighth is a beast. The 3 extra holes we didn't play but they looked interesting. Definitely worth a play if you live in the area for a quick nine or twellve! Fairways were cut, greens were in very good shape as welll.

Excellent weather

Excellent 9 hole course

The plan was to just play 9 holes but since the replay fee was only 3 dollars we played another 9 holes.

Average weather

Make Time for 9 at Creekside & Play the Bonus 3 Holes

What a fun and challenging experience! Creekside has many great holes but my favorite was #12, the last of the bonus holes. Course was in great shape and unbelievably affordable. $15 to ride! I would definitely recommend for anyone in the area and also if you have a bit of a drive. If the course doesn't satiate your appetite then play a few more holes in the state of the art simulators in the clubhouse.

Hobart, Indiana
Crown Point, Indiana
Chesterton, Indiana
Chesterton, Indiana
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.