Type Municipal

The Overland Park Golf Course (formely known as Overland Golf Course) is a municipal, 18-hole course that offers gorgeous views of the Denver skyline. The course opened in 1895, making it one of the older municipal courses in the Denver area. Located only three miles from downtown, the course features small, undulating greens and the fairways are narrow and lines with trees. However water hazards only come into play on one hole. William H. Tucker designed the first nine holes and later in 1956, nine holes designed by William F. Bell were added. On the Overland premises there is also a convenient lighted driving range, as well as other amenities that are associated with private facilities such as a restaurant and pro shop.

Overland Park Golf Course

Year Built 1895
Architect William H. Tucker

Carts Yes - $17

Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Overland

Great ahape. No water or ball washers on course. Green was good.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hi, u314163317794. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Overland Park Golf Course!

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hi, patel1pareshkumar. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Overland Park Golf Course!

Solid course

Overall solid course. The construction along hole 2 is a little less than ideal but other than that the course layout was solid, well kept and rough was surprisingly deep for mid summer. The greats were playing very true and quick. Overall great round.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hello, huttondh. Thank you for visiting us at Overland Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hi, Xanadu56. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Overland Park Golf Course.

Commented on 08/08/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Erasmo28. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Overland Park Golf Course!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hi, tgerardlynn1950. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Overland Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Nice Course

The course was in good shape, the fairways were great and the rough, bunkers, etc are all well maintained. The layout is a bit basic but there are quite a few trees which make it challenging with tighter fairways.

Overall we had a great time and will be going back.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hello, Infenro2ss. Thank you for visiting us at Overland Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Enjoyable round

It rained a little during the round but not enough to stop playing. The course held up well and we had a good time.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Hi, mwallace10. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Overland Park Golf Course.

appallingly pathetic customer service ALL AROUND

never had a worse experience with golfing staff. from the second we show up, pro shop (both guys) are completely uninviting. we were then approached by the starter in the parking lot (with 5 minutes to spare until the tee time) practically yelling at us to hurry - which we were clearly already doing. i've never once experienced that kind of behavior before, ever, any course, never has that happened. it was insane - in the parking lot?! we then proceed to grab a drink and some food at the turn (god forbid we eat/take a restroom break after 9 holes?) the bartender, just flat out rude, all i can say there. not friendly in any way. food took literally 10+ minutes (for fries and we were the only 2 people in the bar). then we finally get back to the 11th only to have the starter in our face again with the line "you're 10 min behind pace, you cant do that!!" so aggressive and ridiculous/unnecesary. no warning at all prior to this - just all of a sudden in our faces as we are already running out of the restaurant. our pace was WELL within reason, no one was waiting on us, we started at 7:50 and were walking off the green at 12. sounds pretty on pace to me. our partners were a bit older, they were very taken back by the behavior/rudeness as well. said they had never seen it before either. aside from the staff the course itself was just really pretty lame, nothing special at all, definitely overpriced for what it is. extremely loud front 9 with no barriers what so ever to the busy highway. i will tell every one i know to STEER CLEAR OF THIS COURSE.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tgerardlynn1950! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Overland Park Golf Course!

Get out and do it!

For the money and the ease of the walk, Overland is perfect to mix into the rotation. I've played here many times over the years and there's not a bunch of trouble but mature landscaping, medium length rough and trees will test your shot making ability if you don't keep it in the fairway.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Thank you for your review, BobbyDee19. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Overland Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fun Old Course

Overland Park is a fun day of golf for players of all levels. This old classic in the Denver Municipal collection is tree lined throughout, but there is definitely enough space out there to swing the driver freely without getting into too much trouble.

The track is mostly flat throughout with a few slight elevation changes, making the course very walkable. You'll definitely notice the course change complexion on the back 9. The 2 9s were built at different times. Wheile the front seems to have very wide fairways, the back is definitely tighter, and has more trees.

The Par 5s on Overland are not long and are definitely gettable if your tee ball finds the fairway. On 18 look out for a well placed tree blocking the green for any balls played too far to the right on the hole.

I really enjoyed hole #5, not just cuz i chipped in for a 3, this short par 4 required a well placed tee shot with the second leading to a very cool 2 tiered green which was the most dynamic complex on the course.

As far as conditions the course was in very good shape. The greens were smooth, but not very fast. Pace of play was great for a city course as we finished in 4 hours. No issues keeping the players moving.

This wouldn't be considered the best layout in the area, but its a fun place to go and play any time. I know I enjoyed my day at Overland.

Commented on 08/30/2022

Hello, QuantumGolfx. Thank you for visiting us at Overland Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Best conditions

I have played Overland many times over the years and I think these were the best conditions I can remember.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello, mwallace10. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Overland Park Golf Course!

A Good Time

Course is quite open so its usually possible to play a parallel fairway if you have a very bad hook or slice. However, the rough is cut quite long so while you can find your ball it can be a challenge to hit it out of the rough.

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hello, BBBarnes. Thank you for visiting us at Overland Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/17/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u679980947. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Overland Park Golf Course!

Worth the money

Due to some terrible weather around Colorado earlier in the weekend, I was able to get a tee time at Overland Park on Sunday.

It was a cool morning, but coming from a higher elevation it seemed perfect to me.

I have played a few rounds around Colorado up to this point in the year, but Overland Park definitely had the fastest greens and best conditions up to this point. The pace of play was fantastic and the course is unique in some ways. The layout feels very classic and there are some good views of downtown Denver.

I played the tips and would say the length was perfect for my level, 10 handicap. I would like to come back and play again now that I am a bit familiar with the course.

I would recommend this course to the average golfer and plan to get back when I am able to this summer.

Commented on 06/17/2022

Hello, u3524771. Thank you for visiting us at Overland Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Staff was awful

Cart broke down, was on hold with staff for over 5 minutes after initially telling them. They finally came on the phone and said someone was on their way, they never came to give us a new one. I called back again and they acted as if I never talked to anyone. Never going to this course again.

Commented on 03/18/2022

Hi, borowiec44. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Overland Park Golf Course.

Commented on 03/22/2022

Hi, u505184930. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Overland Park Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Littleton, Colorado
Lakewood, Colorado
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at TownePlace Suites by Marriott and 2 rounds of golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines North.
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas and 2 rounds of golf at Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club.