View from the 5th tee at Lighthouse Country Club

Lighthouse Country Club

Year Built 1968
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tifeagle Grass
Architect Leon Howard (2006) Jerry Slack (2006)

Clubs No

Amazing Food 11
Dinner 10

Sweet course

Overall the tee boxes fairways and greens were in excellent condition. Hard to not like the condition the course is in right now.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello, cooldude55. Thank you for visiting us at Lighthouse Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Outstanding condition and beautiful greens!

The Lighthouse Golf Course remains the gem of the Texas Hill Country. Rick and his staff do an excellent job of ensuring great course conditions and extremely beautiful greens. With the addition of Doug, the course will continue to always be perfect!!!!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you for your review, rabender. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Lighthouse Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Please read

FInally, they’ve stopped mowing the fairways so close. Today the ball actually sat up on grass. Before in hot weather the ball sat down on hard pan and the club face bounced off the ground and in wet weather the club face dug in and the ball contact was poor. The course was enjoyable today. Make this course feel like a resort course with your mowing.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hello, txaz2505. Thank you for visiting us at Lighthouse Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us again soon!

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314162086310! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Great staff, excellent condition

The staff is always great and you can't find a course that's in any better condition. I will always have great memories of Lighthouse. I've been flirting with shooting my age for three years now. I finally did it today. The condition Lighthouse is in made it possible!

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hi, rexrode. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

MMV

Hidden Gem

The course was in great shape, especially for August in Texas. Greens were rolling about 13 and fairways were in great shape. very fun and somewhat challenging course layout.

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hi, MMV. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Nice fast greens

Excellent community golf course. Fun to play Highly recommend.

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hi, gbaty. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Much improved!

I played this course 2 years ago for the first time. I liked the layout, but the course conditions were less than ideal.
I played it again today (Aug. 6, 2021) and was very impressed with the conditions of the course.
The fairways were a consistent height and while the rough wasn't very deep, it was deep enough to make you have to focus on your shots if you had to play from out of it.
The greens really got my attention. They were a good speed and very true. If you get your putt online with the right speed, you'll make a ton of putts.
I will definitely make the hour drive out to Kingsland to play this course again.
I'd like to see the driving range improved and some more sand in the bunkers, but those are my only real complaints.
To the course superintendent, nice work!

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hi, PittsburghTodd. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club.

great hill country golf value!

Played as a single on a Thursday afternoon TeeOff special rate. First time on the course, and found it interesting, but not too difficult for me (13 handicap) off middle tees. You don't have to be a big hitter, but accuracy counts as well as local knowledge. The pro shop gave me a course yardage book, and that helped, as there are some force carry, blind tee shot, and lay up holes that you need to play carefully. Greens were smallish, but were in good shape along with the bunkers and the fairways for the most part. The cart paths were dirt much of the way around, so not sure if that would be an issue after rains..

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hi, clayton8941259. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Commented on 08/05/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, devojones! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Super texas hill country course.

Perfect fairways. Great greens. Superb friendly staff!. Great value. Highly recommend
Jerry D

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hi, Jldike. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, rogrus! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Great Course Conditions!

Great course! We have always loved it! Just disappointed that they changed 18 from a par four to a par three. I’m not sure if they did that for housing or what?

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hi, CJHDC. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Lighthouse July 2021

Course was in great shape. Nice greens and fairways

JHC

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hi, u000007485713. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, timkroll! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 07/09/2021

Hi, u314161808696. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jknig07! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Much improved

They are working hard to overcome the issues with greens due to the freeze ! Looking good

Commented on 07/07/2021

Hi, u000002300270. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club.

Commented on 06/29/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000004988868! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Lighthouse Country Club!

Commented on 06/29/2021

Hi, u314161103372. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Lighthouse Country Club.

Kingsland, Texas
Resort/Private
Meadowlakes, Texas
Burnet, Texas
Llano, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.