Style Links
Delaware Springs Golf Course

Year Built 1992
Architect Dave Axland (1992) Dan Proctor (1992)

Carts Yes - $14

Golf School Academy Yes - "Delaware Springs Golf Academy"

Fivesomes Allowed Yes

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Amazing Food 21
Thick Rough 29

Really Nice Course

Conditions were excellent for just coming out of the summer heat. The course is challenging and the fairways are tight on several holes. The greens were difficult and somewhat fast. I felt like I was playing on a course that costs $80-$100. I will definitely be back, well worth the hour drive.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thanks so much for the great review, u000007880087. We look forward to welcoming you back to our course soon. Thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 09/13/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Tomsue1952. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course!

great value

Played there today, they had just sanded the greens a day before so the greens were a challenge but fairly consistent. Rest of the course was in very good shape. Its not a beat you up layout like my normal course. Pleasant change of pace. A little slow.. waited on almost every hole.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hi, Jim6515021. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hi, edhibler1. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Delaware Springs Golf Course!

Commented on 09/07/2021

tom1699159, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hello, u040485465. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. Thank you for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Great course for all skill levels

Just want to let you know that Collard shirts are now required. I wasn’t wearing one but was allowed to play.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Your feedback is important to us, taebak64. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 08/24/2021

autrique, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Greens

Greens are sandy in preparation to make better, I enjoyed the round even with sand on the greens. Will be back once the greens heal.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Hi, MarianEDavis. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Beautiful Course

Delightful course to play. Has some water to tend with as well as sand bunkers guarding many holes. Challenging long and par 3 holes. Fun course to play. One thing to note is greens have been punched and that made chipping/putting uncertain. In 2-3 weeks the greens will be back to their outstanding and fast conditions. The restaurant/pro shop/on-course water is top-notch. Highly recommend Delaware Springs.

Commented on 08/20/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, gbaty. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course!

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, u314159837776. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 08/11/2021

u040485465, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Commented on 08/10/2021

Hi, mharston. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Delaware Springs Golf Course!

Great course in good condition

I drove an hour from Austin to play and it was worth it. The course is in great shape, lots of deer on the course to see and it was a lot of fun. The other amenities were good and the staff was friendly. I would definitely recommend someone to play this course!

Commented on 08/06/2021

Hello, u314161697543. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Great conditions

The fairways were in very good condition as was the sand traps (tried to avoid). Greens like always is on excellent shape and plenty of water stations on the course. Staff was pleasant

Commented on 08/05/2021

Thank you for your review, mikec1954. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Delaware Springs Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Excellent muni!

I had two $10 coupons to use on a hot deal, so when I saw Delaware Springs available, I decided to make the hour drive there from Oak Hill (near Austin).
The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable about their course, and proud of their facility. I got some advice from one gentleman in the pro shop about the course in general ("Stay out of the long rough") and from the starter about the first hole ("The further right you go off the tee, the more you will be able to see the green on your second shot.")
The practice facility features a chipping/putting green with a variety of hills and breaks to challenge your short game.
The range is...well, it's a field with a few flags at varying distances. Aside from that, it's not much to look at. I was hitting off mats for my warmup, but that's to be expected in Texas in the summer.
The course itself has some interesting holes and will provide you with a variety of shot demands.
The greens were in great shape and while I seemed to have trouble reading the subtle breaks, they were rolling pretty true.
There are some holes where you can find the fairway and still have no real shot at the hole. You would have to play here a few times to identify those spots so you can play away from them. (The 17th comes immediately to mind. If you are too far left on the fairway, a tree will limit your ability to get to any hole cut on the left side of the green.)
The guy in the pro shop proved to have sage advice. There is some rough (which really isn't all that rough), but if you stray too far off the fairway, you will be severely punished by calf-high grass that has never felt the touch of a lawnmower blade in which you'll be lucky to even find your ball.
One criticism I had was there was some confusion about where the first and tenth tees were located. They could use some more prominent signage.
My only other real complaint (and I admit it is a nitpicky complaint) is that the fairways were mown a little too high for my taste. I know this is done on purpose to keep the grass alive in the heat in Texas and out of the desire to help the average player get the ball in the air. It does present a unique challenge for a more accomplished player to compress the ball and put spin on the ball, though.
Overall, this is an excellent municipal course, well worth the price and the drive. I look forward to playing here again.
(I shot 77 that could have easily been a 72 if I could have made some putts. Again, that is not a criticism of the course. It's an indictment of my putting stroke on the day I played.)

Commented on 07/30/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, PittsburghTodd. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Delaware Springs Golf Course!

Always great

Greens are dynamite, blue tee boxes are tired (lotsa divots), fairways are great. No cart girl the entire Sunday morning. 5 hr round & price are comparable to everywhere else if not better

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi, six67seven. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Delaware Springs Golf Course.

Delaware Springs Twilight Golf

Great course out in the hill country. Lots of deer to keep you company during play. Some times the pace of play can be a problem, but most of the time its good. Greens are well taken care of and fast. Very good course to play!

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hello, TheChad76. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Delaware Springs Golf Course!

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello u000007683452. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Kingsland, Texas
Meadowlakes, Texas
Kingsland, Texas
Resort/Private
Spicewood, Texas
Spicewood, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.