Hidden Falls Golf Club

Year Built 1973
Architect Leon Howard (1974)

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2014 #11)

Commented on 01/19/2021

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Falls Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 01/21/2021

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Falls Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Hidden Falls

Always enjoy Hidden Falls - three cheers for the staff there. Always top notch!

Commented on 01/11/2021

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

Fun course, great greens

I’ve played A LOT of golf in the last year and have been playing courses all over central Texas. These are some of the best greens around, they hold shots, they look beautiful and they are rolling smooth.

Commented on 01/19/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Hidden Falls Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great muni course!

I played here for the first time and I enjoyed it! Great hot deal. Everything was over seeded. Fairways were a little tall but it was early morning and wet so I played it up anyway. Lots of doglegs, probably don’t need driver that much. Greens were quick and true. Quite a bit of water on the back nine. No sand that I noticed. Staff was very friendly. I can see pace of play getting pretty bad if you don’t tee off early morning. Definitely will be back.

Overseeded

Greens were overseeded but overall another great experience. I appreciate being teamed up with other singles when my golf buddies cannot make it.

Commented on 01/08/2021

Fun Course

Hidden Falls is a bit off the beaten track in Marble Falls, but started playing this summer due to cost and accessibility for last minute tee times. My son and I decided to play there on New Year's Day and was able to book a round given the many cancellations due to the cold and windy weather. Course was in good shape and with a mostly open course, we were able to get around in a little over 3 hours. It's a fun course, but be aware of lots of blind holes with extreme dog legs, so local knowledge matters and/or pay close attention to scorecard layout off the tee.

Commented on 01/06/2021

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

Shadowglen 12/21/20

Pace of play was very slow and frustrating. I left with 4 holes to play and already 4 hrs and 15 minutes into the round. The group in front of me was hitting 2-3 balls each from the back tees where they should not have been playing from and waiting on the green to line up putts after each player putted out. They would not allow me to play through because there were several slow groups in front of them. The course needs someone to keep the pace of play moving. I won’t be back.

Commented on 12/26/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Hidden Falls Golf Club!

A Fun and Friendly Course

I have now played this course a dozen or so times, both summer and winter. For those who complain about course conditions, play much Texas golf? Personally, I find this course enjoyable and the staff is about as friendly and personable group as you will ever find. My home course is Forest Creek, so I am used to great conditions and staff. Even if the conditions on this older course doesn't match FC, the staff certainly does. It is also a blast to play. There's enough tee choices to challenge you, especially when the wind is blowing. And though it can get a bit slow, most groups will let faster players play through. If you're in the Marble Falls area, get a tee time and enjoy the day!

I enjoyed this course

There were still some COVID-19 related adjustments to deal with but aside from that I really enjoyed this course. It was fun to play and the staff was great. After the front 9 we stopped to get something to eat but the restaurant wasn’t open yet so the man at the pro shop took our order and delivered it to us after the kitchen was opened!

Commented on 12/26/2020

Course is I n good shape for the time of years and the staff is awesome

Commented on 12/15/2020

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

Great Course!

Really enjoyed playing here, got a great price, course was in great condition, the layout was challenging. Really beautiful and quiet.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Great course.. Greens and fairways were in excellent condition. Super friendly staff as well. Very enjoyable golf experience.

Commented on 11/20/2020

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

Great Value, Big Fairways

Huge fairways, no sandtraps. LOTS of water on the back nine. Very nice condition for a muni course. Great value.

Commented on 11/20/2020

Fun golf course

Winter rye is making the greens excellent right now. Rye was also over seeded on the fairways. It's coming up nicely! The course is in great shape and getting better each day!

Commented on 11/17/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

Slowest Round with No Help From Pro Shop

The rye grass is starting to grow in so in a couple more weeks the fairways and greens should be in pretty good shape.

There is a serious problem though with the issue of slow play that was not addressed by the pro shop. Played in a walking 2 some and we are quick. Waited behind a foursome of 2 couples that were playing a 4 person scramble. We waited every shot from the first hole and were sometimes within 30 yards of them. They refused to let us thru. Called the pro shop on the 7th tee box and he said they had no Marshall even though it was a Sunday. Said he would try to find someone to tell them which he never did. We ended up skipping past them (without asking) on the 10 the when they went to the club house to get something. Come to find out they were 4 holes behind the mixed couple foursome that teed up just before them. Some serious issues need to be addressed at this club.
They also advise you to not bring your own drinks to the course but do not have any cart service and no water to drink on the course.

Commented on 11/19/2020

Had a great time playing the course. Fairways needed to be cut but other than that it is a great place to play for the money. Challenging course and greens in great shape. I definitely will be back soon!!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hidden Falls Golf Club.

StarvRating

Whoever rated this course as a 4.5 stars, does not have a clue about golf courses
2.5 is the most I would rate this course and that would be generous
Very disappointed!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Falls Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 11/16/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hidden Falls Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Kingsland, Texas