Oak Hollow Golf Course

Year Built 1998
Architect Maury Miller

Commented on 10/26/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, NcDavis728! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Worst experience ever

Staff member did not know what they were doing. One guy told me to get a cart and grab my golf bag. When got on the cart and tried to go to the parkinglot other staff member came over and told me to put the cart back . I had to get my bag and walk to the cart from my car.
I signed up for single 18 hole. But they just decided to group me up with two other guys. At the 12th hole staff came to our group and told us if we are not in the tournament we had to leave the golf course. Team that was behind us did not get kicked out even though they told the staff they are not playing in the tournament.
Golf course was opened to the public when they clearly know they are having a tournament. Staff members did not mention about possibility of getting kicked out because of the tournament.
Worst experience ever. I canceled my next week tee soon as I got home. Never going there ever again.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hello, MJHan. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Great Saturday

We had a really nice round. Great course. Greens were super fast. Rough was thick.

Commented on 10/18/2021

Hi, u314162227264! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Fairway vs Rough

The fairways and greens were nice, but that rough…whew! There were times I couldn’t even see my bright neon yellow ball until I was right on top of it. If you’re not a tour pro or a scratch golfer, admittedly like me, then bring a lot of balls.

Commented on 10/04/2021

Hello, u314162227264. Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Unfriendly Staff

New to golf so maybe I don't know all the correct etiquette but I pay just like everyone else. We stopped on 14 to use the restroom and resumed play as no one was on the hole we were up on. On 18 the field Marshall (playing a round not patrolling) decided to gripe us out and tell us we cut order and was very confrontational get out of here with your crap. Won't be coming back but the course was decent enough. If you work at a course some of are new to the sport but don't come at me with don't hit from blue tees (when we werent). And come across like your ready to fight us be professional or shut your mouth.

Commented on 10/12/2021

I wish there was more to the story honestly. It was a really good experience up to that point. To my knowledge a field marshal is supposed to help players understand, which he did address what he thought was going on but not in a civil way at all. And it wasn't a discussion it was just a way for him to land some snide remarks. Is what it is. I was upset during the initial writing of the review, but to give overall friendliness such a low score isn't fair everyone else was great and professional.

Commented on 10/12/2021

I get the feeling there is more to this story….

Commented on 10/04/2021

Hi, u314162238013! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Covid, Covid, Covid

Still over 90 and they have no water facilities anywhere. Will let you get a cup of ice and sell you bottled water, but they have only one refrigerated case and it was broken.

IMO....If people are going to get weird over potential transmission of Covid from a pushbutton water jug, the lack of water REALLY needs to be conveyed on the website and at the time of booking.

Marshals....useless. Two groups of he-men in front of me, playing from the tips launching.... 200 yard drives that were never in the fairway, well over 3 minutes looking for balls and on some holes, spent up to 10 minutes just on the greens. One of the last times I played there I walked off because of this garbage. If you are the marshal, do your job,

Commented on 10/01/2021

Hi, OSUinTX! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Solid course to get a round in.

Oak hollow is a great little course! It appears to be fairly straightforward, but she holds a couple of secret holes that can really give you a run for your money. Course was a little rough earlier in the season, but with some time, and ample rain it has greened up just beautifully. They’re working on some improvements around the clubhouse, putting green etc, that should be VERY nice when complete. The staff are always fairly courteous and enjoyable. The only negative that I’ve ever had, came from an older couple that seemed to be trying to join thePro Tour, that complained about my group teeing up twice(I know it’s a rule), but it’s during Sunday play, and we have two large groups ahead of us, so we were quite stuck. Nevertheless, they called and requested the marshal come have a chat with us. It felt genuinely like they made a big to do about nothing. But other than that, it’s a great little course with a few tricks up her sleeve. Enjoy!

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hi, VanillaSlice. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, MByrom! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Great Golf Outing

Got paired with some guys i didn't know and we had the best time

Commented on 10/04/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161700853! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Very nice course

I play only once or twice per year but this course has what I consider one of the best and most difficult par 4's anywhere, no 8. Simply a beautiful hole. I found today that it's easier to par this hole by hitting your drive over the canyon into the 16th fairway if you can clear the trees, then hit up towards the 16th green, wedge from 50-60 yards back over to the proper green and one putt like I did today!

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, MJNoel! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 10/14/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, todd4252196! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 09/28/2021

Hello, u928592808. Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Little Gem

This place is a little gem tucked in Mckinney. Great place for practice rounds and to have an all around great time. The staff is amazing and friendly, the starters are polite and keep everything on track. Greens are great and the course plays nice.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Flojoe84! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello, BBBarnes. Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, LucasReid! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

I wanna like this course

First and foremost, I liked the layout and it is a challenging course. Now for the bad, they were watering almost every tee box I went to. I asked the marshal why they were watering during peak hours and got a shoulder shrug and “it’s run by the city, we don’t control it.” The 2nd cut was mid shin high like they didn’t cut it not really like they meant it to be that high. Pace of play was definitely an issue I waited at one time 20 minutes to play a par 3. Overall the course want bad but, 40 bucks to drive 50 miles and play “hit the ball before the sprinkler comes” screw that. I may not be back.

Commented on 09/06/2021

Hello, tombo1787. Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/02/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u059609909! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Jrn8750drn! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Oak Hollow Golf Course!

Commented on 08/24/2021

Hello, njderoy. Thank you for visiting us at Oak Hollow Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Working on some

Practice green is under construction.
Some greens had some deep marks it.
Rest of the course in good shape being in the middle of summer in Texas.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hi, Pstilpete. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Oak Hollow Golf Course.

Fairview, Texas
Prosper, Texas
Anna, Texas
Allen, Texas
Plano, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
BRANSON, MO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at choice between two Hilton hotels, 2 rounds of golf at Big Cedar Lodge, and 1 round of golf at Branson Hills.