1.8
1 reviews
1 reviews

Style Parkland

Year Built 1906
Architect Willie Park, Jr. (1906)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro

Not good

Appreciate first day back after lockdown, double booked tee time (systems, / club fault) which resulted in an elderly member trying to deliberately pick an argument when there was no need. It's a shame as the lads in front of us teeing off were very friendly and good mannered.

Course greens were OK, fairways were full of holes, I don't know what was making these but 2 foot round holes scattered everywhere was something I've never come across, perhaps the moles are on steroids or there are angry badgers about. Teeing areas were largely uneven and undulating. yardage was not correct, my friend had a GPS and we used that due to the inaccuracies, it was winter so tees do get brought forward from time to time.

The biggest problem was through the layout, very little in the way of clear signage / pathways / yardage markers to get from one hole to another, we followed the group in front and they missed a hole out, after 5 minutes we managed to find it. In the 20 years I have played golf this was I'm sad to say the worst course I have ever played. We booked through tee times so it was only £11 a round but that was the only good point.

It's a public course which has rights of way in various areas so lots of dog walkers about, friendly enough but watch out for the odd ones not on leads. I wish I had taken pictures.

Bank holiday golf

Booked my tee time on line which was no problem. Arrived at club but coludnt get in to pay for my round as the door has a code. Lucky a member of the club came out and we paid for our round. Most of the fairways were in bad condition. The course is tight but adding the state if the fairways made it a bit tricky. Greens were in good condition which helped keep my score down. I played at plenty of courses up and down the country it didn't seem very friendly to visitors. Would of had a drink after the round but couldn't get in even after ringing the bell. I would go back just hoping it was an off day.

Thorpe on the Hill, North Kesteven