2.4

Clubs No

Clubhouse, Lockers

Swimming

1.9

Worst course of all time

The greens are so bad that they’re using temporary greens. 4 is actually unplayable. The holes on the temporary greens are 3x the size of a normal hole. I wouldn’t play this course again if it was free. Save yourself the time and money.

Trash.

This course is a joke. They have no greens, horrible T boxes, layout is stupid. Not kept nice. Hitting a fairway gives no advantage at all. Just BY FAR the worst experience I’ve ever had on a golf course. It should be illegal for them to charge to play here. Stay away.

You’d be better off playing a goat ranch

Course used to be in decent shape. Don’t know how it has declined so over the last 2 years. Temporary greens not ideal I know, but the ones they are re doing are nothing but weeds. Don’t waste your $. Lancaster isn’t far away and they actually know how to maintain a course unlike whoever runs this place.

This used to be a nice course

The mower literally followed us through the course. He would even stop mowing while we were driving to our balls, but would start mowing as we were trying to hit our balls. We actually had to wait on him to get away from us because it was so annoying.
Greens...? What greens, call them browns. On the plus side, they said they were in the process of replacing them. Would like to have a disclaimer on GolfNow that course is under repair.
Club house was and had friendly staff.
Gonna be a while before I decide to go back

Absolutely not worth your money

I'm not sure where to start so I will start with the worst.

THE GREENS ARE HORRIBLE, I repeat THE GREENS ARE HORRIBLE.

3 of the 18 greens are acceptable for this level of course in all honesty and if all 18 resembled these it wouldn't have been that bad. The other 15 are dirt and crab grass clumps that look like the get mowed down once a week.

Tee boxes do have grass but better bring your 4" tees to make sure you get the ball teed up above the grass for your drives.

Fairways... well Id recommend agreeing to play it up with your playing partners. Nothing like piping it down the middle only to wind up on hard pan dirt.

Most courses you're looking for the cart girl, here we played 18 holes in just under 4 hours and saw her no less than 6 times, good I guess except she comes flying up in your backswing or cuts down the middle of the fairway as you address your tee shot.

The clubhouse could definitely use a facelift... the grill attendant was very nice, though they were out of a couple of menu items.

The pace of play here was great but I would imagine that is due to the lack of play stemming from the greens.

Stick to Tangleridge, Thorntree, or Mansfield National if you want to golf in the area, or make the trip to Cleburne. All will be better uses of your money.

Commented on 07/22/2021

We are sorry your experience was less than satisfactory. We lost our greens due to the winter storm back in February, we are about to start the renovation of our greens.

Disappointed

I was surprised to see this course suddenly appear on golf now as I thought it was a members only course.
To say that I was disappointed would be an understatement. The greens are in absolutely horrible condition. The fairways were none existent as I couldn't tell when the last time they had been cut. This was literally a cow pasture. There was one positive about the course and that was the large military/veterans discount. Of course after playing, I felt that they owed me. Needless to say, I will not be going back until I see better reviews.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We are sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. The golf course welcomes the public now and we appreciate you coming to try our course. Yes, the winter storms have had a huge negative impact on our greens. We are in the process of replacing the greens as we speak. We have a new maintenance team changing the conditions of the course. Stay tuned. We will be happy to take care of you on your next visit.

New Management is ruining this course!

Last year this course was a really decent course to play at close to home for me and the price was not too bad either. But, this year under new ownership the course is not being taken care of. The greens, and fairways are horrible and if you hit just a little bit into the ruff good luck finding your ball. If you want to pay $47.00 to play in a cow paster go ahead but I will not do it again until things change. I hate to put down a local course near where I live but I just don’t want anyone else to pay that much and have the bad experience that I did.

Commented on 07/19/2021

We are sorry you did not have a good visit at our golf course. We have a new maintenance team and plan that will be making changes to the course. The winter storms killed our greens, and we are in the process of replacing them. Due to the current conditions, prices have been reduced as we are making our changes. We will be happy to take care of you on your next visit and we appreciate your business

Don’t Waste Your Time

This course was a joke. All holes were temporary greens that were constantly being flooded by sprinklers. No telling where the fairway ended and the rough began. I understand it’s under new management, and hopefully it will be better once the course gets much needed TLC. But until then, don’t waste your time or money.

Poor green condition

I feel like we were lied to, bate an switch. The greens were unplayable. The worst I've ever played on. This should be disclosed at booking on Golfnow. Give the player who is paying they're money the option to say yes or no, and not after a 45minute drive to the course to find out the true conditions of the course. I would like a refund.

Commented on 07/22/2021

The winter storms have greatly effected our greens. We are about to begin the renovation of the greens.

You are more than welcome to approach us at anytime to discuss concerns. We would be more than happy to help you. We do appreciate your business.

Hidden gem!

I have been playing in the Dallas area for years and never thought of this course because it's not a public course and until recently it was a member only club.they started allowing public play and we gave it a try, we were really impressed with the conditions and the layout.the greens are small but true and a few of the holes around the lakes are beautiful.we enjoyed it and can't wait to go back!

Excellent weather

Unique Course Design Played in 3.5 hours or Less

Great Course to play in 3.5 hours or less. This golf course has push up greens and are smaller than original Pro greens, so be accurate. If you are tired of playing those 4.5 to almost 6 hour rounds go to Waxahachie Country Club. The Staff is friendly and has a great green fee of $35.00 (including the cart).
Course Information for Waxahachie Country Club

De Soto, Texas
Ferris, Texas
Dallas, Texas
Grand Prairie, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.