Mallard Golf Club in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA | GolfPass

Mallard Golf Club

Year Built 2021
Fairways Celebration
Greens TifEagle
Architect Jeffery D. Blume (2021)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire required.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2021 #10)

Good shape, great value

The course is in good shape and the price is right. Clubhouse is not built yet but it’s coming along.
The pace of play is too slow for such a links style course with no rough.

Commented on 07/22/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Mallard Golf Club!

Unique

Fun to play the only links style course in the area. I literally used every club in my bag. As the course matures a little it will only get better.

Commented on 07/22/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Mallard Golf Club.

Must Play Course

There’s a lot to like about the new Mallard golf course. First the good:
It’s a unique track for this area, there’s nothing like it around. All the greens are in good condition and elevated. The fairways are maintained and have a rolling layout. The design makes you think about your next shot and can make you use every club in your bag. Plenty of risk and reward opportunities. In addition, the course drains very well, much needed in this area.
The opportunities:
Like many courses, pace of play is not regulated, too many times I’ve played the front in ~75 minutes then the back in ~130-140 minutes, under four hours, but the change in pace is awkward.
The greens are new so they are hard and difficult to hold approach shots. The crew keeps things in good condition, but are oblivious to the golfer; expect the maintenance workers to drive up to you when you’re getting ready to hit, or just be sitting in the fairways on their phones taking a break. And oddly enough there are no ball washers!
The amenities get a low rating because the club house is under construction and won’t be ready until around the first of 2023.
Overall, I enjoy the course, if you can overlook the awkward administration issues and find some way to clean your golf balls, Mallard should on your wish list.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Mallard Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Links Course

Traveled from nearby Lafayette for the first time playing this course and it is still a very young (8 months old) reasonably priced links style course. No trees, over 100 bunkers strategically placed with hard medium size greens. Almost impossible to hit near pin locations and stay on the green.The best approach to these greens are to take a half a club less and land just short or very front of the greens. Greens putted well and were medium to fast speeds.Traps were in good shape and hopefully they can maintain this many traps.

A brand new well laid out clubhouse is under construction. So right now they have a temporary very small pro shop, with limited drinks and snacks and they only except debit or credit cards.No cash.They do have a commercial ice machine and all brand new Club Car golf carts equipped with GPS, USB and a small ice bucket on every cart!
I will be back once the new club house is finished and the course has matured a little more.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Mallard Golf Club!

Commented on 07/22/2022

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mallard Golf Club!

Commented on 07/22/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Mallard Golf Club thanks you!

Good course

Course is great. I can tell the clubhouse is gonna be massive when the construction is complete. Carts are pretty cool they just have that sensor. Kinda threw me off when I was gonna cross the rail road tracks and it completely stopped and alerted me lol.

Commented on 07/22/2022

First time we played the course and was very pleased.

We will be going back. Very nice course and price was good as well.

Commented on 07/22/2022

Good course, Great weekend rate, future city championship course.

The Mallard GC is a New Links Course that has a Great Potential to be a City championship Course and Challenging to the everyday golfer at an Affordable Price.
Links Course style requires all different types of shot's when the Wind elements present themselves and it lives up to it. One minor issue that in my opinion needs attention was the 9th green needs a added backstop so to speak especially with the embankment and water so close..
Price at $38 best course around . Give it a try, I know I'll be back when I'm in town.

A True Scottish-Style Lins Course

Mallard Golf Club is vey different from the normal Florida-style golf courses you normally play on the Gulf Coast. This is a true Scottish-style links course, complete with some strategic bunkering in the fairway landing zones, elevated undulating greens (some with 2 or three tiers), and not a tree in sight. When the wind is up, the golfer has the option to play bump-and-run shots up to the green complexes. The course has 5 tee boxes per hole. Local knowledge will help on some of the tee shots and approach shots, but it’s not critical for good play. Clubhouse construction is underway, and when that’s finished then the food/beverage options will be greatly enhanced. Great value for the price!

4.2096941176
Westlake, Louisiana
Sulphur, Louisiana
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.