Type Public/Municipal

Located in Longmont, the nine-hole, municipal Sunset Golf Course is a great, affordable option for beginners and families. Opened in 1924, it is one of Colorado's oldest golf courses. Although experienced golfers may not find it challenging enough, the course provides an excellent spot to practice your short game and it is definitely one of the most scenic courses in the area with beautiful views of Long's Peak. The par-34 course covers 2,981 yards from its longest tees. The terrain of Sunset Golf Course is quite hilly and the tree-lined fairways are very narrow. No water hazards come into play but the course is well-bunkered. The signature hole is the par-4 fourth hole.

Sunset Golf Course

Year Built 1924
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Meeting Facilities

9-Hole Rounds 8

Lots of trees. Nice layout.

Would recommend this course. Great deal all the way around.

Commented on 05/07/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Commented on 04/06/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Sunset Golf Course!

Commented on 04/07/2021

Great Early March Round to Start My Season

I had not played in months, due to the weather, but March 7 was a 68 degree day, with lots of sunshine, and pretty views. The course is very cleaned up (no leaves, or snow to deal with) and the ball rolled very well, (sometimes too well). I was able to par the last 2 holes, but my game started out rough on the first two holes I loved that the refreshment cart was out and running, and she made it a joy too! I look forward to coming back again when the weather is similarly good.

Commented on 03/11/2021

Your feedback is important to us! Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Commented on 03/11/2021

Great value

You can usually play nine with a cart for 17$-25$. It's a hybrid Par 3 and 4. The layout is good with tight fairways, many trees, and well placed bunkers (no water). Have played here a lot and would recommend if you're looking for a cost effective and well balanced course.

Commented on 01/22/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Sunset Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 01/19/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Favorite place to play!

Wow! Nothing but amazing things to say about Sunset. The staff is always so nice, playing partners are always a hoot and this has grown to be our favorite 9 hole practice course. The configuration offers its own challenges but you can always get yourself out of a sticky situation. But 12 bucks to walk 9 holes? Twist my arm!

First Timer @ Sunset

Friendly staff, nice little 9 hole course, well maintained with relatively flat, slow greens. No water.

Great little course

Great staff, fun course, well-maintained for a small city course… Always a fun time at sunset

Commented on 12/09/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, Ken. Thank you for visiting us at Sunset Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Snug City Course with Trees

A nice old fashioned city course with large mature trees challenging the wayward shots.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Neat little tucked away 9 hole course. Nice fairways and the greens are well maintained.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Thank you for your review, slicecity. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

reviews were right, this is a very nice and well cared for municipal golf course......with all the play they get I was most impressed with the greens which are beautiful.

Commented on 09/18/2020

Fun

Always fun. Staff is great. We always walk. We like the up and down. The course is always in great shape. It is fun to play and challenging. Great 9 hole course.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course plays like an old friend

I play Sunset a lot--I've never been disappointed. The course is consistently in excellent shape. This year early, they had to work on the greens and the staff really took care of it. Now, having played recently, everything is tip-top. I understand that this year they are having lots of players playing and that has created some slow play, but generally I can play 9 holes in 1:45 - 50 minutes (and I walk). For me, I'm about a 18 handicap, the course offers enough challenge. I've had some good rounds, but then there have been some sneaky poor rounds. I can't complain. I enjoy Sunset like I enjoy an old friend.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Great Executive 9

I enjoy this course. Staff and players are friendly. The pace of play today and last time we played was excruciatingly slow.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Great course to practice

Out of all the courses on for in Colorado so far this one is in the best shape of anyone I’ve played the greens are super fast the staff is super friendly everything about it is five stars

Commented on 08/14/2020

My “go to” course!

I have been playing Sunset for years - all year round. I love this course because it has interesting holes and mature trees. Just the right amount of challenge for me.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sunset Golf Course thanks you!

Niwot, Colorado