Bloomingdale Golf Club

Year Built 1924
Fairways Blue Grass
Golf Season Open: 3 /1 Closed: 11/30 (Weather Dependant)
Architect Tom Bendelow (1924) Bob Lohmann (1998)

Near the Airport 12

Commented on 12/03/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bloomingdale Golf Club.

Commented on 11/30/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Bloomingdale Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Chicago Advisor

Bloomingdale GC - Good Old School Bendelow in West Chicago Burbs!

The Good: Bloomingdale GC in the west Chicago suburbia is a 1924 Tom Bendelow design that was originally called Glendale Golf Club prior to being purchased in 1996. Bob Lohmann provided a facelift and made the course more playable, particularly off the tee. Interesting design w/ a little more undulation than I expected, yet the green complexes are exceedingly small. Good group of Par-3’s, nice variety in Par-4’s & a couple fun risk/reward Par-5’s. Fairways conditions were good considering I played in mid-November and Chicago received about an inch of rain the few days before. The clubhouse is spectacular for a public facility, with some of the nicest pro shop & restaurant combos in the area. Good value considering the quality of course and amenities.

The Bad: The greens were rolling TERRIBLY slow and were fairly bumpy. This is to be expected for late Fall, but I have played several other courses nearby in recent weeks with much better pace. Sand composition was very inconsistent. Staff is nice enough but there was no on-course service when I played. There are a few too many blind tee shots for my golf palette. Pace of play for a Monday in November was pretty slow.

The Verdict: Bloomingdale is a nice public option in the western Windy City burbs, especially if you can catch it at a good price or an online deal. A very walkable, fun course to get your golf mojo back if you’ve been struggling.

Best Hole: I’m a fan of all of the Par-3’s, but the 11th is a beautiful hole over a lake and adjacent to Lake street nearby.

Commented on 11/23/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Bloomingdale Golf Club.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Bloomingdale

Lost some balls in the leaves after solid shots but that's not really the course's fault. Relatively simple course that was fun to play despite some cold and wind. Will be bacj

Commented on 12/08/2020

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Bloomingdale Golf Club and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Fall play

Course was in good shape considering it was 11/9. Greens did have lots of ball marks but that is more about bad player etiquette than poor course maintenance. Really enjoyed course layout, good for beginners.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and we will pass along your positive experience to our team at Bloomingdale Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

November golf

Staff was friendly and Courses in pretty good shape. Very reasonably priced 18 on a Friday afternoon.

Commented on 11/09/2020

Had to wait long time to tee off

Had to wait half hour to tee off had people from the morning jumping ahead on one because they did not start there due to frost don't book so early I know it's fall but the leaves were ridiculous some holes we lost two balls they used to have covers for carts to and they don't anymore that's one of the reasons I like to play there in the cooler weather

Commented on 11/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bloomingdale Golf Club.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Course in Great condition

The pace of play was very good compared to other courses. Ranger could be seen at numerous holes. The staff was great and very friendly. The course was very good both the greens and the fairways. Since it is fall weather now and the leaves were falling, they did not affect play.

Commented on 10/22/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Bloomingdale Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Straight undulating course

I had so much fun here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The course was in very good shape. The carts are electric which is great because they're quiet. I wish that I didn't have to drive 45 min to get there. Can you work on moving it closer to my home?

Commented on 10/13/2020

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Bloomingdale Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Go for it!

If you have yet to play there, give it a try. My fourth time out there this season. Very fun course with a good variety of holes. Our foursome had a wonderful time. Enjoy!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bloomingdale Golf Club!

Bloomingdale

Play this course a lot . Good for the intermediate golfer . Good layout and friendly staff .

Nice Layout and Well supervised

Very nice course because not only is it maintained but staff is very friendly and qualified. The starters (Ed I believe his name is), is very professional and makes sure tee times are on time. There is staff moving the slow golfers along. Pace of play is good because of this. Well manicured course. When you have courses that run like Bloomingdale you have good management. Hope I can play more here next year.

Best course around!

I have been golfing there for years. They are a great bunch of people to work with, both golfing & lessons.
The grounds have been very nice this year and the putting greens are in great shape. This is the best course around for the value. I highly recommend it.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Bloomingdale Golf Club!

One of my favorites

An enjoyable and forgiving layout with annoyingly challenging greens and pin placements. Electric carts make conversations possible And it’s a great value.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Bloomingdale Golf Club thanks you!

Impressed yet again

We always enjoy playing at Bloomingdale. One of the top values in the area. Course is green and in great shape. If you have not, give it a try. Enjoy.

Commented on 09/29/2020