A view over the water from Fox Run Golf Links

Fox Run Golf Links opened in 1984 but over the past two years the course underwent a major renovation that made the layout both more challenging for serious players but also more forgiving for the recreational golfer. The multi-million-dollar renovation included enhancements to the hole layouts, redesigning the bunkers, installing a new irrigation system, and creating new practice and chipping areas. Water comes into play often throughout the golf course and you'll find elevation changes on nearly every green. The water holes will be especially tough if you have a tendency to slice the ball. Thanks to the varied layout, which includes some holes that are wide open and others that are more target-style golf, you will get the opportunity to work on different types of shots. Fox Run Golf Links is a challenging but fair test that players of all skill levels can enjoy.

Fox Run Golf Links

Year Built 1983
Fairways Blue Grass

Bar, Snacks

Near the Airport 8

I used to live in the area, played it all the time. Love the course, people even remembered me. It was a special day w great memories. Thank you Fox Run, special place to me.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hi, fktOfvzqwiQmZr5ofkoJ. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hi, jbausola. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hi, u314159297261. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Solid course for the money

Not a bad little course. They are doing some renovations to the clubhouse right now, so I expect when that is done the prices will go up. But for now, $60 for 18 with a cart on a Sunday is pretty good.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hi, lancerland! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hi, Bill6631904. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Water

Nice tract. Stream winds through many holes.
Target golf many holes. Good management needed.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hi, dmalloy609! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u230607835! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links!

Course was beautiful, course staff was very nice. The clubhouse cashier and our pairing were pretty full of themselves, but thats golf!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you for your review, u314160524069. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Fox Run Golf Links. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hi, jeffhliu. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Commented on 08/18/2021

Hello, klepts4. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Fox Run Golf Links. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

misinformation

we had a twosome tee time at 10AM . It's a good thing thev2 guys they hooked us up with only played 9. The ranger comes out and tells us we have to be past #16 by 1:30 as the high school is having a shotgun. So we had to hustle to accomplish that after a slow front 9 with
high handicappers
- not the way to do business

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hello, kirbmug24. Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join again soon!

Commented on 08/18/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u355575193! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links!

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hi, u314160281235. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Good Day

very hot day. no water on course to drink and no refreshment cart. fairway and greens very playable

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hello, FANTACHU. Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you visit us for again soon!

Nice Course

Fox Run was in great shape. It's a fair course and good for a mid-handicapper. This course might not be challenging or long enough for low handicappers but if you're looking forward to a fun, quick round with friends, I'd highly recommend.

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hello, danromaniak. Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you visit us for again soon!

Commented on 08/05/2021

Hi, jeongcyn. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Fox Run Golf Links.

Great course condition

Great course condition.
Club house is still under construction.

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hello, jeongcyn. Thank you for visiting us at Fox Run Golf Links. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you visit us for again soon!

Better than Schaumburg

First off the course review. The course isn’t overly difficult. The greens are well maintained and speeds are kept, not lightning quick but not slow as molasses. Occasionally you might find a ball mark not repaired. And some people drag their feet. Course plays fairly straight, so for me a long iron off the tee or three wood does the job. The pace of play is very good. Have played multiple saturdays and haven’t had a backup yet. Overall a fun experience. Can’t wait to see the clubhouse when it’s finished.

Now comparison to the Schaumburg course which I’ve also played. Fox run staff is much friendlier. The starter will actually walk up and greet you with a smile as you head to the first tee. The Schaumburg starter won’t greet you let alone give you a look. The greens speeds at Schaumburg are abysmal. I needed a croquet mallet to get them to the hole and they still would only be half way there. Pace of play at Schaumburg is also terrible I saw a ranger maybe once in the time I played there. Fox run has a nice ranger who ensures pace of play is maintained. I’ve been playing golf since I was five and now that I’m old, I can easily say that at a cheaper price Fox Run is a much nicer and a much more fun place to play.

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hi, Tommyboy0320. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Gets high marks for value and pace of play

5 stars are subjective, this is not pebble beach. BUT, for a middle priced public course, the greens were fast and consistent (but still appropriate for a public course) and the pace of play was excellent. Has 5 or 6 really fun holes (and no really bad ones) and the beverage cart was around every 3 or 4 holes. With reasonable expectations I think they do a good job compared to other courses I have played in this price range (i’m an 7 handicap and play 7-10 rounds a year).

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hi, u242004271. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Fox Run Golf Links.

Wood Dale, Illinois
Wood Dale, Illinois
Itasca, Illinois
Itasca, Illinois
Bloomingdale, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.