Acushnet River Valley Golf Course

Year Built 1998
Architect Brian Silva (1998)

Pretty good for out of season

Conditions were pretty good. Tees and fairways were very nice and leaf free! The greens were very slow and some of the bunkers very soggy--both probably due to recent rain. One temporary green on a par 5. One downside is they are still charging in season rates all yea, which is a shame since if you tee off after noon you'll never finish because of the pace of play. Still love this course though!

Nark

Great condition. Only one of the holes had a change due to conditions. Not bad for the middle of December

OK

Have allways liked this course but too much walking if you have a riding cart also not any effort put into clearing leaves on greens. The sand traps were in good condition. I am also surpised they have not built a clubhouse yet &are still operating out of a trailer!

Commented on 12/06/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Acushnet River Valley Golf Course!

Great Fall Day

Course was in very good shape, leaves not an issue, pace of play was good, not great, but good.

Fall golf

Decent shape for this time of year. 4th hole played as a temporary, wish someone would have mentioned that to us prior. Greens rolled well despite being sandy due to topdressing. Marginal maintenance for bunkers. No issues with leaves!

Outstanding value, very good course

Everything about this course is very good. Layout, conditions, greens, staff were all excellent for this time of year. What made this great was the price to play, including a cart. Best value I’ve seen all season. Will definitely play there again.

Only downside is that they need a better clubhouse.

Fall golf!

Golf in great shape! Greens rolled true and fast. Nice work by the starter to manage the slight frost delay. Will definitely be back!

Always a great place to play

I try to get out here a few times each year and it never disappoints. Really nice track and a great price. The greens were a little bumpy, still recovering from being aerated, but other than that the course was in great shape.

Needs a little more TLC

I've played this may times since the course opened--usually a round or 2 per year. Always enjoy the varied nature of the golf hole. Played it yesterday and while the fairways and greens were in pretty good shape (except in common landing areas where there were far too may unrepaired divots) the tee boxes were not. The superintendent should do himself a favor and put divot mix on the carts and on the tee boxes--at least on the par 3s.

South coast gem

Great layout. Greens in less than good shape due to the necessary evil of aeration. Hope to make another trip soon after the greens have healed.

Great course but……….

Enjoy playing this exceptional layout, however, I have a major issue with the speed of the greens. They are exceedingly slow!

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Acushnet River Valley Golf Course!

Course conditions

The course is in good shape but the greens are on the shaggy slow side which they have been all year. The greens have been punched tjis past week with them finishing up the last one today so there very bumpy and not enjoyable to play on at all. Give it about 2 weeks for them to get back to normal.

Commented on 09/29/2021

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Acushnet River Valley Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Always a good value - greens were somewhat inconsistent - some very recently aerated and not top dressed - some top dressed and some pretty well healed - it was just hard to dial the speed in but I guess it’s just that time of year

Bad information on aeration.

I booked here because my regular course had aerated. I was told when I called that aeration here would be done in October. Sadly that was not true. Almost all of the greens had aeration holes.

Beware

When booking your tee times, beware that they will change the time to suit their own schedule and not notify you. We booked for 9:15 and were changed to 9:42 because we only booked as a twosome. We were never notified of this. THEN when we got to the first tee (not even when we paid) we were told they were on a ten minute delay (which turned to 15) because they were aerating the greens. No discount for that by the way either. THAT was when the starter told us or tee time was moved to the 10:42 slot. When we asked why we were told “because we don’t send out just twosomes” and if we had “a problem with that go see the clubhouse”. So I did and he said “that’s the best we can do” when I showed him the confirmation and said we could not go out that late because we had doctor’s appts after the round. When I said we want a refund because we can only play nine now he said “Refund? You haven’t even paid yet” when my husband had paid AND got the cart 20 mins earlier! When we showed him the receipt he had the audacity to be like “well, we’ll help you out with a refund this time”. I was like “you guys moved us without our knowledge or consent and now YOU are helping US out by refunding us for nine holes that we RATHER would have played???” The whole thing was RIDICULOUS!!! Will NOT play there again!

Commented on 09/21/2021

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We value our customers' opinions and would like to make things right and determine how we can provide a solution that makes you smile.

Please contact us directly at the pro shop. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Rochester, Massachusetts