Acushnet River Valley Golf Course

Year Built 1998
Architect Brian Silva (1998)

Great course but……….

Enjoy playing this exceptional layout, however, I have a major issue with the speed of the greens. They are exceedingly slow!

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Acushnet River Valley Golf Course!

Course conditions

The course is in good shape but the greens are on the shaggy slow side which they have been all year. The greens have been punched tjis past week with them finishing up the last one today so there very bumpy and not enjoyable to play on at all. Give it about 2 weeks for them to get back to normal.

Commented on 09/29/2021

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Acushnet River Valley Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Always a good value - greens were somewhat inconsistent - some very recently aerated and not top dressed - some top dressed and some pretty well healed - it was just hard to dial the speed in but I guess it’s just that time of year

Bad information on aeration.

I booked here because my regular course had aerated. I was told when I called that aeration here would be done in October. Sadly that was not true. Almost all of the greens had aeration holes.

Beware

When booking your tee times, beware that they will change the time to suit their own schedule and not notify you. We booked for 9:15 and were changed to 9:42 because we only booked as a twosome. We were never notified of this. THEN when we got to the first tee (not even when we paid) we were told they were on a ten minute delay (which turned to 15) because they were aerating the greens. No discount for that by the way either. THAT was when the starter told us or tee time was moved to the 10:42 slot. When we asked why we were told “because we don’t send out just twosomes” and if we had “a problem with that go see the clubhouse”. So I did and he said “that’s the best we can do” when I showed him the confirmation and said we could not go out that late because we had doctor’s appts after the round. When I said we want a refund because we can only play nine now he said “Refund? You haven’t even paid yet” when my husband had paid AND got the cart 20 mins earlier! When we showed him the receipt he had the audacity to be like “well, we’ll help you out with a refund this time”. I was like “you guys moved us without our knowledge or consent and now YOU are helping US out by refunding us for nine holes that we RATHER would have played???” The whole thing was RIDICULOUS!!! Will NOT play there again!

Commented on 09/21/2021

We’re sorry to hear of your less-than-satisfactory experience and hope you will accept our sincerest apologies.

We value our customers' opinions and would like to make things right and determine how we can provide a solution that makes you smile.

Please contact us directly at the pro shop. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Will return

First time playing and enjoyed my round. Course is in good condition, the round moved along, good layout. COVID restrictions still in place. No clubhouse facilities except rest rooms. Had a bad cart, starter wouldn't allow a change. Overall a good course, I will return.

Great course, incredibly slow pace of play

Teed off at 9:30 and it took just over 5 hours to play the round. There is no course ranger to enforce the pace of play. Keep it moving for everyone!

Favorite course

Love the layout here. Been a positive experience every time I come.

Bait and switch pricing, nasty clubhouse staff, 5 hour round

I have played this course several times, the layout is quite nice and fun to play and the course is maintained in very good conditions for a municipally run course. However, I booked a round directly on the clubs website, and received an emailed confirmation including the price. Upon arriving at the course the clubhouse staff member collecting the green fees said the rate was wrong and that I would need to pay a higher price to play. He said the clubs booking engine is GolfNow and it was their mistake so I would need to take it up with them, but if I wanted to play I would need to pay the higher rate. This despite being shown the course generated confirmation showing my tee time and price. He was quite nasty in dealing with what was a course issue. It being a beautiful day I paid the higher amount. If it was the only issue I would not have written this review, however teeing off before 8.00 am, the tee was backed up by 15 minutes. We waited on EVERY tee box - all 18, including a 20 minute delay at the turn. There were always 3 groups on every hole and often 4. A course ranger was visible several times, however said nothing and was likely just out to monitor whether the afternoon shotgun outing would be able to go out on time. As much as I enjoy playing this course I will think twice before returning.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high-quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Acushnet River Golf Course is a Fine Course to Play

Played the Acushnet River Golf Course today. It is a fine layout and kept in good condition , especially with all of the rain we have had lately. The pace of play was a little slow, as we had to wait on every tee for the foursomes in front of us, and we teed off at 6:45am.

Course review

Greens are fast and tight and are in excellent condition. Fairways are lush and thick and the ball sits up on top of the blades of grass. Whether your playing the traditional front nine or the wide open links design back 9, each hole has its own challenges which makes it a great course for everyone.

Nice

course in nice shape,greens roll well,but a little slow,good value for $42. finished at 4:30 pm and food was closed!

Fun course

I play here a couple times a month and you can’t beat the price after 2pm. Few negatives are pace of play can sometimes be rough at that time and personally wish the greens were cut shorter. Don’t roll very pure and are slow. But overall I love acushnet it’s a great layout and beautiful course.

Acushnet River Valley

Excellent course. It is in fantastic condition and reasonably priced. I’ve played here consistently over the last 3 years.

Fair course from senior tees.

Played the course 6 times . In good shape and a fun layout. One concern on back 9. One of the tees going out (13 or 14?) is in the way of (15 or 16?) coming back in is dangerous. going out a player hit into us on the tee. coming back in our group hit a ball onto the tee and hit the cart. Need to put up fencing to protect the tee.

Anonymous