Aerial view of the 1st green and fairway at PohlCat Golf Course.

Pohlcat Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Fairways Bent
Greens Bent
Architect Dan Pohl

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Michigan (2015 #5)

Beware of plugged greens and limited holes!

I Love the course and had just played it the week previous. Unfortunately, after booking again through GolfNow I arrived on a beautiful fall day only to find the greens had all been aerated. To make matters worse, we were only allowed to replay 9 holes rather than 18 and the nine we played were neither the full front or back and they definitely weren’t among the best this course has to offer. Needless to say it was a huge disappointment because we thought we were booking 18-holes at a normally fabulous course.

Commented on 10/20/2022

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced when booking your tee time. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon.

Call for course restrictions if playing in the fall

This course has been on my "to play" list for a while. This course is not local to me but is regional. I was alerted at time of booking that the course was being aerated. That's a necessary task in the fall so I didn't let that deter me. However after my 90 minute drive, we checked in only to find out that holes 8 thru 16 were open to play and for the 18 holes we paid for we'd make the loop twice. There was NO NOTICE to the limited holes when booking. Checked their website after and nothing noted there either. So we played 9 holes and called it a day. The course from 8 thru 16 is nicely laid out and has its challenges. The carts are equipped with GPS. We did not purchase any food or beverage but is available.

Commented on 10/14/2022

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review and leave us your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Our goal is to provide our golfers with all relevant information when booking their round online. We apologize if we missed the mark. Please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 10/10/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course!

Commented on 10/10/2022

Commented on 09/26/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course!

Very Disappointed

First time playing the Pohlcat with my son celebrating his birthday. We were paired with two other players that were members. Our playing partners dropped out after the first 9 as it took 2 hrs and 45 min just for the front 9. My son and I waited on every single shot and finished the 18 hole round just under 6 hours. Needless to say it was our first and last time we will be playing the Pohlcat.

Commented on 09/21/2022

Hi cbrobb, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we’ll do better in the future.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

Championship features for “cheap”

Beautiful course with a great layout and tees for everyone. Big fan and wish I lived closer but definitely a ton of woman out there the Saturday evening I went (could be a league) so pace was ehh but still finished 18 starting around 3:45 by sunset.

Commented on 09/22/2022

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at PohlCat Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/06/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course!

Commented on 09/06/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at PohlCat Golf Course!

Commented on 08/25/2022

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course.

Commented on 08/22/2022

Commented on 08/18/2022

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at PohlCat Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Outstanding course well maintained and the People are Awesome!! Everyone at the Pohlcat wants to see you have an awesome day!!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Excellent venue!

We found the course in outstanding condition and really enjoyed playing it. We will return again soon.

Commented on 07/25/2022

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course!

Commented on 07/07/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience with us! Thanks for golfing at PohlCat Golf Course!

Great course, bad hot dog

The fairways and greens were in great shape. The staff was great, especially when my wife phoned in a drink and lunch order and they brought it out to us on hole 10 (which is not near the clubhouse, if you don't know). One poor score would be for my hot dog. I think it was cooked 3 hours before I got it and the bun was stale. Still like the course and my wife liked her hamburger

Commented on 07/08/2022

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing PohlCat Golf Course.

Perfect except no ranger

We caught up with a group of 7 playing together on the 14th hole. Should have been a ranger on the course to break them up.

Commented on 06/27/2022

We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Bar tenders

Lauren and Maddie are the best. Beer cart Natalie was great too

Commented on 06/24/2022

We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at PohlCat Golf Course.

Commented on 06/24/2022

Mt Pleasant, Michigan
Shepherd, Michigan
St. Louis, Michigan
Alma, Michigan
Clare, Michigan
Farwell, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.