A sunny day view o a hole at Hilltop Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal
Hilltop Golf Course

Year Built 1927
Golf Season March - November
Architect Jerry Matthews

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hi, kevinbarton68. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Where is the marshal

Paid to play 18 today. Got to 1, there was a team of 6 all teeing up with a solo behind them (who just came to 1 to make up 1-3 for slow play earlier). No Marshall even at 1 and nothing on course. By the time I struggled 2.5 hrs as a solo for 9, I hoped to speed up but once again pulled up on the 6 group waiting for the 4 in front of them who were just teeing off.

I left before the 6 team teed off.

Last time I played here, it took 5.75 hrs to play 18 (with a Marshall .

This is a decent course but it desperately needs better management.

Commented on 09/21/2021

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello u000007582307. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello, James1318005. Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear your experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for choosing Hilltop Golf Course.

Great GC to play

Beautiful day to play at this GC. Not very crowded. Feel very private.

Commented on 09/10/2021

Thank you for your review, u314160964736. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hilltop Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hi, JenniferClaire. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Hilltop Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Good. Course

Short course but forces you to make shots in the right area.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hello, LSKO9R. Thank you for visiting us at Hilltop Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

8-28-21

For the most part the coarse was in good condition, the tee boxes were in terrible shape!!!
My group was the the 1st group in the morning, after we made the turn, there was a group in front of us??? A husband, wife, and 2 children, the children were maybe 5 & 7, were running around and picking up balls!!!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hi, u000001514917. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

3 hrs spent under a bush

Let’s talk about playability. When a tree becomes a bush over the course of 30 years, it needs to come out. Tee box chutes are narrow. Tees are crowned. Weeds on greens (including a dandelion on #7). Many irrigation and drainage repairs that have been open for several weeks, untouched. Dollar spot galore on fairways and crabgrass on tees. But look, it’s public golf so I get some of that. But DO NOT set pins on slopes and crowns on greens on a weekend with 120 on the tee sheet. Keep it moving! … I am a former golf course superintendent—give your super some money for labor, new equipment, capital budget and fungicides/herbicides. Oh, and put in a line item for a chainsaw!

Commented on 08/24/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, dG0Fgqau2VUIEVzX6Cee. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Hilltop Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314161254791. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course!

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, tommy1297! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course!

Good track

Fun course and challenging greens, there was no ranger or starter so the pace of play was a little wonky.

Commented on 08/12/2021

Hi, u314161254791. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Goat Farm

Course in poor conditions players in worse 2:45 for the first 9 holes no idea what a full 18 would take, terribly run. No pacing of hole 1 tee times and no ranger to control pace. Worst golf experience of the year.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback on your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course!

Over five hours for 18

I thought it was bad being stuck behind a slow foursome, with a group pushing so close behind me I had to watch my back for golf balls hitting me. It got worse when some course regulars decide they were going to cut in front of me on the fourth hole. When I told the staff about the situation, it was obvious they were friends. The staff I just tried to lie to me and tell me they were in front of me the whole time, but her mistake in her lie was telling me they had a 2:20 tee-time when my tee-time was 3 o’clock. I will not be returning.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hello, u314162020419. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play and the confusion during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon at Hilltop Golf Course.

Slow pace

I like the course because it has good value for the price of you are ok with a slow pace. It is always over booked it seems and you are waiting at every hole to tee off. That is really the only downside. Nice course, kept up, challenging greens as they are all hilly with curves.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hello, jillphillips. Thank you for visiting us at Hilltop Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Good time!

Pace of play was awesome- no one in front or back of us-almost like having the course to ourselves.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello, u314159331147. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun to play

Course management really paid attention to customers feedback. I pointed out the opportunity to improve tee box quality. They did it. Fairway is also much better. This course is a little bit of challenge but it is fun to play. I will definitely invite friends to play there.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Very short, but fun.

I’d highly recommend this course to any new players or anyone who doesn’t hit it too long. However if you hit it long and straight, this won’t be much of a challenge.
Pace of play was great, staff was great. Greens were in good condition albeit very small.
I didn’t care for the layout of the holes. Lots of tight fairways with little to no room for error on either side. They didn’t overlap per se, but lots of blind shots with potentially dangerous crossing. Tee shots that slice or hook are likely headed toward another group.
I did see a deer tho, so that was pretty cool.

Commented on 09/02/2021

Hi, JTrudell23. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Great course layout

Only one issue, no forward senior tees. Unless your swing speed is 90 mph or faster you're unfortunately have to play from the ladies tees.

Commented on 07/01/2021

Hi, u000001038112. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Northville, Michigan
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Canton, Michigan
Northville, Michigan
3.8302058824
4.4882058824
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.