A sunny day view o a hole at Hilltop Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal
Hilltop Golf Course

Year Built 1927
Golf Season March - November
Architect Jerry Matthews

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed

Slow pace

I like the course because it has good value for the price of you are ok with a slow pace. It is always over booked it seems and you are waiting at every hole to tee off. That is really the only downside. Nice course, kept up, challenging greens as they are all hilly with curves.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hello, jillphillips. Thank you for visiting us at Hilltop Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

Good time!

Pace of play was awesome- no one in front or back of us-almost like having the course to ourselves.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hello, u314159331147. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun to play

Course management really paid attention to customers feedback. I pointed out the opportunity to improve tee box quality. They did it. Fairway is also much better. This course is a little bit of challenge but it is fun to play. I will definitely invite friends to play there.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Thank you for your review, u314160964736. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hilltop Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great course layout

Only one issue, no forward senior tees. Unless your swing speed is 90 mph or faster you're unfortunately have to play from the ladies tees.

Commented on 07/01/2021

Hi, u000001038112. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

It was awesome! We had a great time! We plan on playing here again

Commented on 06/28/2021

Thank you for your review, u314160217359. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Hilltop Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hello, u314160809212. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Hilltop Golf Course.

I love this course

I felt relaxed throughout my round. Friendly staff, good pace and overall a good course. I recommend this course to everyone.

Commented on 06/25/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, mustafan! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Hilltop Golf Course.

Course is pretty tough but a lot of fun. You can tell they are putting a lot of work into the course. Staff is very friendly also.

Commented on 06/24/2021

Hello, JimmyV31. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Hilltop Golf Course. Please visit us again soon!

One and done

Not a fan of blind shots, and there are many out there, and slow play. Not for me.

Commented on 06/18/2021

Hi, lmarsh. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge. Thanks for visiting Hilltop Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Fairly challenging course...Some open fairways.. a few tight ones..plenty of trees/hazards...well designed.

The maintenance standards have improved but still a few tee boxes need to be even out further.

Commented on 06/15/2021

Hello, u000006498028. Thank you for visiting us at Hilltop Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hi, Jason4689009. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Hilltop Golf Course!

Great day!

Pace of play was great- only one bottleneck hole.
The forward tee boxes are getting some needed attention and are looking great.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hello, u314159331147. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions and our staff to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Hilltop Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Enjoyed the experience

I'll say from the start that I can't speak for the normal pace of play. I played as a single and had the first tee time at 6 AM. I finished my round in just over two hours, which is normal for me when I do that.

That said, I really enjoyed this course. The young man in the clubhouse was very nice and accommodating, and got me off to a great start. Any staff I encountered on the course, which happens a lot on early morning rounds, let me get past them quickly.

The layout is very good. While short, it puts a premium on being accurate off the tee. That's my guess to why the reviews mention pace all the time. Bad golfers have no business playing here. It's short, but tight, although I found the landing area for my tee shots to be more than fair. The greens were tough. Smallish, and very quick. You need to be below the hole to score well. Most greens slope back to front, so their very receptive. I hit in one trap during the round, and the ball exploded out of the sand as I would have expected. You can tell they are working on improving the conditions. Fairways were really nice. Tees are below average, but again, I could see efforts to make them better. That's all you can ask. They certainly didn't hinder my game.

There's lots of character in the layout. Elevation changes, combined with holes shaped to fit the terrain make for careful decisions on tee shots and approaches. I love courses that make you think about when and how to attack. I'm sure I might have had a different experience had I played in a foursome about the time I was finishing. Likely would have been a five hour round, which I would expect on a tight course on a weekend. For me, the only negative thing I encountered was having to dodge fairway sprinklers all during the round. But that's what's making the course better, and you get what you get at 6 AM. Reminded me of early morning summer rounds from my youth.

I'll definitely play this one again.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hi, MichBoiler83. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course.

Nice course.

I enjoyed this course. The pictures made me think this is a field and flat. It isn’t. It’s challenging and nice to play. I would play here again.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hello, u2083525321. Thank you for visiting us at Hilltop Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Nice course, great staff.

Played 18 holes and enjoyed the course. It was not crowded and the pace of play was good. Will play here again.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us, rayrouse58. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Hilltop Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 06/01/2021

Hello, u314160303804. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Hilltop Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 06/01/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314161575565. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course!

Oversold. Maintenance staff everywhere

Had to let two singles pass our twosome when they kept hitting up on us. And we started behind a single walker. They were behind us from the first tee and we were 5 min early. Then there was maintenance staff fixing bunkers/greens from holes 7-13. Not a relaxing or enjoyable round to say the least. Pay a few more bucks elsewhere to have some time to play and not be worried about hitting any workers.

Commented on 06/02/2021

Hi, Ryan7474974. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the maintenance projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing Hilltop Golf Course.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Hello, u000007649182. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Hilltop Golf Course. Please visit us again soon!

Northville, Michigan
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Canton, Michigan
Northville, Michigan
4.4882058824
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.