Brae Burn Golf Club

Year Built 1923
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Wilfrid Reid (1923) William Connellan (1923)

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Love this place

Super nice course and the sandwiches are made with love and are amazing

Commented on 07/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, roryj97! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Brae Burn Golf Club!

Commented on 07/08/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u890551875! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Brae Burn Golf Club!

Commented on 06/30/2021

Thank you for reviewing us, u314160204927. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Double Z

Course was in very good condition and fun to play.

Commented on 06/27/2021

Hello, u000001038112. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course. Some really silly reviews.

Played on Father's Day and had a great time. I read a lot of reviews before going, and the adage 'don't believe everything you read' comes to mind. I know they are opinions, and is mine, but some are just silly.

Let's debunk a few. First, if you're surprised by The Monster, which is on every website and the scorecard, I'm not sure what to say. Also, it's not that difficult. The tee shot has large bailout to the right. Yes, it makes a long hole longer, but if the corner scares you it's there. I hit my drive about 260. From the whites, that put me on the middle of the fairway. I hit a five wood 210 to the other corner, and had 180 into the green. The only thing remotely unfair is the pond on the corner of the second dogleg. They don't show it on the card.

The comment on the white tees being too long is silly. If the Monster was a normal, say, 460 yard par five, the whites would be under 6000 yards. There are 5 par fours less that 350 yards.

My other favorite silly reviews were one that mentioned the view of the dump (must also be distracted by squirrels), one that complained about the grounds being in a state of disrepair (nothing could be futher than the truth. We played after a couple days of heavy rain. The course was saturated. No roll... a few plugged drives, and yet while wet, it drained so well that I never had a poor shot caused by those conditions. No huge divots or foot slips. Kudos to the grounds crew), and one that whined about fast greens and a lot of three putts from being above the hole. The old 'tricky pin placement' argument. Yes, the greens are slick. I grew up playing fast greens, so no concern there. Also, if you're paying attention, on most holes you can see the slope (most are back to front). If you can see the pin and the slope, base your yardage on being below the hole. My goodness I'm amazed at golfers that get out their range finder, figure out the distance to the flag, and then hit to that yardage. I'd rather be ten yards short chipping up hill than on the green putting down it.

The tees were in terrific shape all round. So were the fairways. OH! Another silly review comment. They need to cut back some of the trees. Likely the ones they got behind, no doubt. But if they meant from the tee then that was another falsehood. Trees are part of the deal. Golf courses are meant to make you think how and when to attack. Hit a bad drive behind trees? Take your poison, chip it in the fairway and play against making double.

My perspective is Brae Burn is getting an unfair rap. Other than the outside of clubhouse looking like it's from 1970, giving you a mistaken first impression ( it's nice inside), the course is challenging, and in great condition. I'll definitely be back.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Hello, MichBoiler83. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314159485530! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Brae Burn Golf Club!

It’s been a long time.

Haven’t played this course in 25 years. Course is in great shape, pace of play was good. The two of us got in 18 in 2:45. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Will be back.

Commented on 06/22/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u240285340! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Brae Burn Golf Club!

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hello, u540879735. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Brae Burn Golf Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Got some work to do.

Too many trees that need to get cut back. Get the driving range back open. I like playing the course, but too many holes that you get penalized because of poor ground maintenance.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hello, razorfit1965. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Hello, thomaspin0s. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/09/2021

Hi, mytigers2008. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Brae Burn Golf Club.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314161422406! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Brae Burn Golf Club!

Poor conditions. No range. Goofy holes.

Do not waste your money here. There are lots of courses with far better value. They no longer have a range - so
Don’t believe their website. No ranger or starter. And course conditions were terrible.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hi, u573159776. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Brae Burn Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Hello, Kenji0607. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Hello, u314160914966. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hello, u225133234. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Average Course

Average Course. Absolutely ridiculous 610 yard par 5 with a dogleg left AND right on the same hole. People don’t fix their divots so the green is bumpy in places. The pin placement is just stupid on some holes. Literally gives you no chance because the slope will literally just push it in the water. Not kidding, two holes where your ball will roll right in the water due to slope.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Hi, BradleyMillerr! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Brae Burn Golf Club!

Commented on 05/24/2021

Hello, mbrent22. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 05/18/2021

Hello, curtissimeral. Thank you for visiting us at Brae Burn Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

4.4882058824
Northville, Michigan
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.
NIAGARA FALLS, CAN | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at your choice of two hotels and 3 rounds of golf at Legends on the Niagara Battlefield and Usher's Creek courses, and Whirlpool.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.