Cattails Golf Club

Architect John Williams

Carts Yes - mandatory

Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole No

Dress code All golfers are expected to wear proper golf attire

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Commented on 12/13/2022

richnkaren, thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club.

Next Year

First the pace was great. Helped that I was the second off the tee. The greens were the big issue. Been punched and still in bad shape. Back was not as bad but still putts never rolled smooth. This late in the year I don't think they will improve by the end of season. So find a course that has greens that have already mended and save Cattails for Next season.

Commented on 12/14/2022

Hello golfcolo, thank you for taking the time to review us, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round. We appreciate your feedback as we work to make any necessary improvements. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Cattails Golf Club.

Commented on 10/19/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Cattails Golf Club!

Commented on 10/19/2022

Hi, u000005337300. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Cattails Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

where are the fairways?

the fairways were NOT fairways. they were light rough mostly. even had some HEAVY rough in the middle of the fairway. terrible. but yet the greens were cut TOO MUCH. ball is on the green one second, and the next its 20 yards off the green. the 200, 150, and 100 yard flags in the middle of the fairway was cheesy in my opinion. there were also multiple holes under construction. the very first hole said it was 441 par-5 from the blue tees. nope. tees were way up. now it becomes a 390 par-4. paid $55 just a couple days ago at Pheasant Run. very nice course with no issues there.

Commented on 10/10/2022

Hi Darkjurassiclies, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to us with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. Thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club.

Commented on 09/07/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Cattails Golf Club!

Course in the need of attention

I had a lot higher expectations for the course. Considering it costs 55 for 18 holes. Other courses in the area are significantly in better shape and lower cost. The greens on some holes are almost a warzone with all the divots and missing grass spots. Some greens and tee boxes were rock hard while others were very soft.

Commented on 09/07/2022

Hi, u314162621370. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cattails Golf Club.

Just needs a little more TLC

Course conditions were a little bad at times, especially the tee boxes. Still not a bad course. Very challenging for those who can’t keep the driver in the bag. Will definitely play again.

Commented on 09/06/2022

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Bjames79. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Cattails Golf Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Chuck

Course was well maintained and pace of play was good. It is a fair course with some unusual holes but can be played fairly if one uses some common sense. I would play it again.

Commented on 08/17/2022

Hi, u410369074. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cattails Golf Club.

Slowest round of the year

Course was in good shape but pace of play was miserable. Ranger mentioned a 4.5 hour pace of play but did not enforce slow groups ahead. Turned into a 5 hour round.

Commented on 08/16/2022

Hi, Drew5210687. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Cattails Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon.

An Area Staple

This course is my trusty course; it’s always available, it’s plays well, has a few stupid holes and blind shots but overall I enjoy it. We played during a Tuesday morning and finished under four hours. Mind you, I booked a tee time about an hour before we teed off, which was expensive (thx GolfNow). I wouldn’t pay $53 again to play the ‘tails but nevertheless it was fun and I’ll come back but for better pricing.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hello, dholowchak. Thank you for visiting us at Cattails Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Hello kff7176. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star and thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club!

Commented on 08/08/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314163057072! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club!

Excellent course !

I like this course a lot. A hidden gem on the backroads of South Lyon. Has an up north feel! they have great carts and even better staff. Challenging for a seasoned golfer but welcoming for the novice and beginner. It’s a little pricey for me, but I’m stuck in 1997 in my mind. So the pricing is actually spot on!

Commented on 08/09/2022

Hi, hclIII. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cattails Golf Club.

In great shape overall.

Cattails has a number of unique, fun holes, and the course was in great shape when I played it. The only negative feedback had NOTHING to do w/ the course. Unfortunately, there is currently a massive amount of construction in the area, so give yourself a bit of extra time to get there.

Commented on 08/12/2022

Your feedback is important to us, u000003236161. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club.

Nice Course

Love playing this course and for the price, perfect!

Commented on 07/29/2022

Hello, u314163069562. Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your round at Cattails Golf Club. Please visit us again soon!

Commented on 07/28/2022

Hi, mike8984. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Cattails Golf Club.

Commented on 07/21/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, hclIII. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club!

Cattails

This is a challenging course! The staff are very kind. I would recommend this course if you want to be challenged. Saw lots of deer out there too!

Commented on 07/18/2022

Hello, LSuomala. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Cattails Golf Club. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/25/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314162336677. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Cattails Golf Club!

Northville, Michigan
Northville, Michigan
Novi, Michigan
New Hudson, Michigan
Novi, Michigan
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).