Pound Ridge Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Pete Dye (2008) Perry Dye (2008)

Carts Yes - included

Dress code Appropriate golf attire is required and must be worn at all times.

!!!!!BAD Course Management !!!!!

I’m a Life long Golfer. I Love this game. I’ve never trashed any track but…Pound Ridge Golf Course Has changed ALL that. Let’s begin…Honestly the Golf course itself is a gem. Absolutely great golf.But the fact that you pay 245 $ for a round of golf you expect that the round won’t be 7 hours. We had 4, foursomes in front of us last minute. The course did nothing to facilitate our twosome through the last minute “outing”. We tried to play through the groups, They had no clue what any of that meant. ( I watched one member of the group hit two sleeves of balls off of 1 tee box while the ranger just watched) inexcusable! The group behind us hitting into the par three we were playing! And then wanted to start a fight. Once we spoke with the ranger and the pro shop. They replied, “ well, it’s a public course.” Are you kidding me? Then charge 50 bucks and allow cargo shorts. Absolutely laughable experience. Not one person from the GM down gave a crap what was happening on the course. Pete dye would be furious. !!!!NEVER Playing this Course again !!!!

N Y N J Advisor

Excellent course and strategic design

Pound Ridge is one of the top public courses in the immediate NYC area. I contemplated giving it 5 stars because it is so very good. The course has lots of undulation and elevation and great scenic views and aesthetics. The greens are terrific with slopes and contours. They usually have a preferred open angle in. The hole corridors for most holes are decently wide but if you miss you are in trouble. The fairways are mostly fair but use visual tricks to seem narrower than they are. The narrower fairways are smartly on the shorter holes.The one negative to me was the lackluster closing holes. Those last few holes are long and narrow and a step down from the previous 15 holes you just played. The course has some terrific blind shots, a handful of greens pushed up to ponds, and very good conditioning. A great thing about this course is it makes you think off the tee. The angles and hazards are smartly placed for risk reward choices. The course is walkable for the fit given the elevations, but with a few spots of long green to tee walks.

Beautiful golf course

This is an absolutely beautiful golf course. The price may keep pace of play more reasonable than one would expect. The only thing missing is a clubhouse experience with a solid restaurant and bar, and it would easily be one of the best public golf courses in the tri-state area.

I hope they expand menu and amenities, but I count this as a special public course option.

Love this course

One of the best courses in Westchester. Highly recommend it.

Great, but….

Following a terrific Golf Now Round I returned for another crack at this extraordinary course. I booked a 2:01 “9 hole” rate. That was $80.on a weekday. My assumption was that I was booking a twilight round. On the 11th hole a course official informed me and my partner that we were only entitled to play 9 holes. in all my 60 years of golf 9 hole rate which is only available in mid to late afternoon was always limited by sunset or by a time set for cart return. Despite my shock and disappointment I offered to make additional payment so we could finish a few more holes before sunset or whatever end time was set. My offer was rejected and we were required to leave. Adding insult to injury we were told we couldn’t use the driving range to “ease the pain!” This experience truly lived up to that expression: “Golf is a good walk (ride) spoiled.”

Course is beautiful and tough. With the greens where a little firmer. Rolled pretty true all things considered!

Very interesting course

Intersesting Course with very undulating greens. Could not read breaks here!!! 3 putted 4 holes. Very challenging greens area. If you play the correct tees the course is playable from the tees but once you get near the greens, it will test your short game.
Staffs were very helpful and friendly. Took 2 hours to finish the front 9 but once we caught up to the group in front of us on the 10th tee, waited after every shot.
Probably due to players taking too long near the greens. Still finished the round in 41/2 hours. Not bad for a Sunday round. But, for $225 greens fees, you expect better pace. Overall, this is a little overpriced!!!
Not going to play this for $225 anytime soon.

Treat yourself

The most I have ever spent on a single round of golf: but it was definitely worth it. What a treat. Pure artistry. Greens were fast and true and the fairways flawless. Every hole could literally be placed on a post card. It was like the design had a paint brush and a canvas.
Top three courses that I have ever played .

Beautiful course, arrogant staff

Second time I've played the course, and both times I felt the staff was quite arrogant. The man insisted I could not a pre-paid even though I did and told me to go inside to prove that I prepaid. Then they insisted the carts were in by 6:30 PM so they could go home even though they booked a teatime at 2:01 PM. They need some customer service training.

Enjoyable

Free range when you get there, which is nice. Tough course. Groundskeepers on basically every hole. A group of them just hanging out on the tee boxes furthest from the clubhouse not really doing anything. The main guy managing the course is solid.

Tough and not entirely fair, but fun

This is a Pete Dye special. If you’re scratch and can work the ball both ways, or you play from the 25+ handicap tees, this is a visually interesting course with some fun shots. If you’re not scratch, or you’re just having a not-quite-there day…this course will make you pay. It’s stern and will show you what you need to work on in your game, but don’t take the bounces and absurd side-hill lies in the middle of the fairway personally. On the plus side, your pars will feel heroic and any birdies will feel superhuman, so you’ll have that going for you — which is nice.

Stamford, Connecticut
Bedford Hills, New York
Armonk, New York
Greenwich, Connecticut
Norwalk, Connecticut
TUNKHANNOCK, PA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Shadowbrook Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Shadowbrook Golf Course.
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.