Type Public/Municipal

Practice Hole No

Locker Rooms

Dinner 8

Pleasantly surprised

I can’t begin to describe how surprised I was with the overall quality of this course. I have heard of and pass the signs of the taconic for years but have never played the course. Fairways were immaculate. Greens were perfect: healthy , fast and unblemished. Not an exceptionally long course, but the smart layout of the course forced you to use every club in your bag. Kudos .

Commented on 10/04/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Mohansic Golf Course.

Beautiful Course

Every hole is different and challenging for an 18 handicap.

Lots of room hole to hole so no interruptions from other golfers.

Greens were too slow for the terrific layout and hole variety.

Commented on 10/01/2021

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Mohansic Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/24/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Mohansic Golf Course!

Greens/Course Restroom/ Water stations

As a long time player at Mohansic, I’d like to ask that the restroom at the turn be cleaned— it never is Bugs from 2013 still in same position above toilet

Unconscionable that water stations never returned to the course. I’m sure Covid is the excuse, but that’s nonsense

Finally, the ridiculous greens on 4, 5, 8, and 15 must be rebuilt. I know several players who say they just write down two putts for each in the spring,?when those greens are bald and any putt downhill runs off the green

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Phew!

Long, very long from the White tees. Virtually every shot is “grip it and rip it.” Course is in great shape, albeit with a few greens still recovering from recent aeration. Very pretty mountain course with not a lot of bunkering and barely any water. Topography is forgiving to the extent that I didn’t lose a ball, which is rare for me.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Mohansic Golf Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/20/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Mohansic Golf Course!

Commented on 09/28/2021

Commented on 09/16/2021

Thank you for the five stars, u314160800707!

Commented on 09/20/2021

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Mohansic Golf Course!

Disappointed

After getting yelled at by the starter for mistakenly driving my cart on the wrong path, things went downhill from there.
Fairways are bumpy, overgrown
Tee areas are shoddy
Many greens are aerated and sanded
Those greens that are in good shape vary greatly on speed
No beverage cart
Will not be returning

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hi frmf60
We would like to apologize for your recent experience. We take pride in being the best we can be and really hope that every customer is treated like family. We want to make this right - call us at (914) 862-5283 and we can talk about making it up to you.

Great track

Well maintained. Greens and fairways perfectly striped felt like I was playing a private course. Sure there are some spots that appear to have been abused by regulars who just drive endlessly in the same area creating bare spots. I happened to play here on a day when there was a sign posted in the proshop about "cart paths only on holes 2 and 3" well there were people just driving through those wet areas like they owned the place.. Is there any kind of enforcement? Maybe a ranger? There were other areas that were roped or marked off that were abused as well.
I do have a question and compliment. i play here regularly with a group of friends. We are all amazed at the transformation of the pro shop area. It is so bright and welcoming and the new pro Joe? has done a great job. We wonder why his name is not on the scoreboard opposite the puttng green.? Can this be rectified before the season is over? All in all its a great course apparently were cared for by the workers who most of us know.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hi u00000147937, thank you for your honest review. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/09/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, mcr2207. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Mohansic Golf Course!

Beautiful challenge

This course is set in wooded peaks and valleys with some great views of the surrounding area. Def a challenge as the topography of the fairways roll and there are plenty of side hill shots. Most holes are isolated and quiet which makes this course picturesque and serene.

Commented on 09/09/2021

u314162145981, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Mohansic Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 09/03/2021

Hello, Chris1324807. We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Mohansic Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Course Difficulty

Mohansic can be a difficult course for the “average” player. The rough was long and thick. Humid air made it difficult to get the right yardage.pace of course was slow for first half of round but sped up later. Good test of golf.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Hello, u663914573. Thank you for visiting us at Mohansic Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Surprisingly good conditions for late summer play with true greens (though a tiny bit slow) and well kept fairways. Hazards wwll marked and rough upkeep better than satisfactory Pace was good and 1./ way house had excellent hotdogs

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hello, dlee787. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We hope to see you again soon at Mohansic Golf Course!

Commented on 08/03/2021

Thanks for the review, FrankChibbaro! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Great county course

Well laid out and in great shape. Crowded on Saturday but enjoyed the experience.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi, RGED208D05CA95D757EE. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Mohansic Golf Course!

Commented on 08/02/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u2301370. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Mohansic Golf Course!

Ossining, New York