Year Built 1963

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Fun course

Fun layout- played in 3:45 minutes. Course in great shape- greens very good- staff very friendly

Beautiful Course

The layout of this course is challenging and fun. We had dinner on the deck at the clubhouse overlooking the greens. Atmosphere great, views are beautiful. Will definitely play here again.

Rude starter ruined our golf experience

We played here last year and had a good time. Tried it again today and firmly agreed it WAS THE LAST TIME EVER! the course was in good shape but we were treated So rudely but the starter, it was unforgivable! We arrived 45 minutes early and wanted to warm up a little on the range but the starter caught and forcefully told us we needed to tee off Now! A few holes in, the starter approached us and told us we should stop taking pictures and concentrating on playing golf. He said they had a shotgun start soon and basically we needed to be out of the way. We were holding up No One and we had scheduled our tee time well in advance. Before leaving, I wanted to speak to mgt but the pro shop said the starter was the boss and it is not uncommon for him to be rude...well it won’t happen to us again.

Nice course but not worth the $$

Played on a holiday weekend. The price was a little steep for the conditions. The worst part was 3 in my group was stuck behind 2 fivesomes. That shoukd never be allowed especially on a holiday weekend. Took at least an extra hour to get through our round. Will never go back

Incentivized Review

Fair Test

The course is in good shape. The bent grass greens are in great shape and fast. The fairways are wide and in good condition too. Nice carts and a fun but challenging layout. Well worth playing

North Carolina Advisor

Good course and great management

Brushy mountain is a great course. The management has done a great job turning around the course based on past owners from what we are told. The layout is excellent. Greens roll true and are pretty good outside of a couple spots they are working on. Fairways were nice. Facilities are great. Staff were excellent. The course is still a little rough around the edges but u should not be hitting there anyway :-). I expect with a little more attention brushy will be even better. I highly recommend the course to everyone. Restaurant is good too and staff is wonderful. Motel rooms are very clean, affordable for anyone wanting to travel.

Not Worth The Money!

This course is out in the middle of nowhere and thats exactly where it is heading. Recently bought out and reworked, if you call cutting down half the trees good than so be it. Its still the same old TERRIBLE LAYOUT, HORIFICgreens,EXPENSIVE tee times and snotty members,with most of them in blue jeans at that. They built a new club house that IS NICE. A waste of money hotel/ as if anyone would make this a golf destination and shunned their local high school golf team that had been playing there forever and tried to squeeze 4 grand out of them to play their season there. They are all about being a member and treat everyone else as second class citizens. Just remember the KIDS ARE THE FUTURE and your greed has left alot of people with a bad taste in their mouth that won't soon wash out.Your course ISN'T HALF OF WHAT YOU THINK IT IS! Good luck in the future as you are going to need it.

Great course!

Really good golf course...the layout is a good test of your golf game...it is a little tricky getting from hole to hole if your not familiar with it, hopefully that is being addressed...black, blue, white, gold, green and red tees make it player friendly for all levels and ages!...the rough is player friendly so you don't lose balls and spend time looking for wayward shots as I am prone to do...green and cart fees are very reasonable compared to other courses in the area...I understand that the bunkers are being reworked, the fairways and greens were in great shape!...the new restaurant (McClindons) is first class!...super nice bar!...the staff is very friendly and the pro, Joe Ferguson is very professional and accommodating. ...my pals and I really enjoy playing there...We will be back!

Fair weather

T-box markers

It was very difficult finding my way around the course. There was no t-box markers, no yardages for the different colored T's., no arrows pointing which way to go when I came to intersections. T's and green's where to close together, to cramped up. I had to pay $45 dollars, which I felt was to high. The actual playing experience was average, the course was average. I would not recommend this course to my friends.

brushy under repair

There were trees down everywhere, the should be closed until all the trees can be cleared. I thought we were going to get hit by a falling tree or logging truck.

Average weather

Great Course in the middle of a needed facelift

I love playing at Brushy Mountain. Its a challenging layout and you use almost every club in your bag. The greens are in Fantastic shape and rolled better than any other greens played on recently. They are removing a ton of trees so there is a lot going on right now to improve to overall aesthetics of the course. One of the few courses that over seeds in the winter around this area, so the fairways are nice and green. New clubhouse is going up so not a lot of food and beverage options but Im sure there will be soon. Will be back with my buddies many times. Especially for the great deals on GolfNow!

nice place to play

going to get better.... just started working on new club house. doing work all around course.

Well maintained

The winter rye is starting to come in. Course is in great shape. Excited to see new ownership and new clubhouse being built.

Course is always maintained very well.

Great Course!

Fairways in excellent condition. Greens were very fast. Minimal disruption from tree removal to make room for new clubhouse. Should be an even better course then.

great course that will soon be better with all the money being put in

After recent ownership change they are working hard now on repacing all the bumpy parts of the cartpaths caused by roots, they will build a new clubhouse suited for weddings and receptions etc a nice terrace overlooking 18 th green and all other kinds of upgrades etc.
The greens and fairways are always in great condition on this course but the teeboxes are very hard ground so you will break a few tees.

Relaxed round with my son.

A beautiful day for golf, a moderately challenging course in excellent condition. Greens not completely healed from punching but still putted amazingly well. Really enjoyed my round.

mixtur of sand bunlers,water, and tree lined fairways and green. local knowledge is aplus. 2 and 3 tier greens are difficult,

the price we paid was great,even though they had been punched one week before we played.(no mention on golfnow's tee time listings) Fairways were Bermuda and absolutely great. sand in the traps was perfect texture. We didn't hit drivers on certain holes,and later realized we could of. I will definetly play this course again.

Good design with challenging holes and interesting pin positions.

Course was in good shape but the greens had been aerified day before. However, greens rolled great. Good job sanding the green. Had a great time and will definitely play again.

Greens were awesome!

The course was in very good shape. Fairways mowed and the greens rolled very true. Better keep it in the fairway because the first cut of rough seems to eat the ball.

Loved it and I will return.

Conover, North Carolina
Granite Falls, North Carolina
Lenoir, North Carolina
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Statesville, North Carolina
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at the Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club & Rivertowne Country Club.