A sunny day view of a hole at Delaware Golf Club.

Type Private

Delaware Golf Club sprawls across rolling countryside that lends an idyllic and secluded setting. Donald Ross designed the original nine holes in 1922 and they were later joined by a second nine designed by Michael Hurzdan in 1998. The layout meanders through wooded valleys and ravines. The rolling fairways are fairly wide but they are lined with mature trees and bunkers heavily guard the small, undulating greens. There are also water hazards that come into play on a number of holes. Delaware Golf Club's second hole is notably challenging, it is arguably the toughest hole on the front nine. This par-4 requires not only accuracy in order to avoid the ravine on the left but also distance to carry the lake and remain in the angled fairway. Golfers will be faced with one of the most difficult putts on the golf course if their approach finds the wrong side of the green.

Delaware Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Architect Donald Ross (1922) Dr. Michael Hurdzan (1998) Fuzzy Zoeller (1998)

Dress code Colared shirt required

Snacks, Restaurant

FootGolf

Entertaining Clients 11

Some greens covered with leaves

We saw a crew out blowing leaves off the cart paths but they needed someone to blow the leaves off the greens. There were a couple of greens that weren't puttable due to all the leaves. Other than that course was in great shape.

Commented on 11/04/2022

Hello, u000005486708. Thank you for visiting us at Delaware Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Amazing layout & amazing greens

When you play a course in late October in Ohio your expectations should be lowered. But there is no need to do that at Delaware. Leaves under control and greens were perfect!

Commented on 11/04/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Don2861402! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Delaware Golf Club.

Commented on 11/04/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Delaware Golf Club!

This course is rather expensive for what is provided. The way my group was treated is unacceptable.

Course condition: 3/5 Not what I would expect from a $60 course. Rough was very long and difficult to play from. Fairways were in decent shape. Greens were pretty good but not great. Bunkers were acceptable (which is an improvement from the past couple times I've played here)

Pace of play: 4/5 Right at what you would expect. Seems to be about impossible to tee on time here in the mornings. Usually about 15 minutes behind from my experience. Played with 3 players in approximately 4 hours 24 minutes.

Off-Course amenities: 1 urinal and 1 stall in the clubhouse bathroom. Really? Why we were late to the first tee box by the way.

Service and overall treatment from staff: 0/5 This is there this course fails the test. See below.

Arrival and first tee: Our tee time was 10:30 AM. We arrived at the course about 10:15, got held up in the clubhouse a bit and arrived at the first tee 10:36. The starter clearly looks well behind schedule with about 4-5 groups crowding the practice area. I apologize for being a bit late myself (6 minutes to be exact) and I receive a rather crappy comment and he said it will be about 8 more minutes before they can get us off. But we were not allowed to leave the first tee box without a full lecture on how WE need to speed things up and get things going when THEY are clearly the ones that either overbooked the morning or are just not keeping things timely.

Hole 5: At this point it is important to note that the group behind us is about 2-3 strokes behind. I'm greeted at the tee box by another staff, who begins to lecture us on pace of play. Paraphrased dialogue below.
Me: What is the pace of play out here?
Him: 15 minutes per hole (4 hours 30 minutes per round)
Me: How fast are we playing?
Him: *checks phone and promptly puts back in pocket. Mumbles under his breath, and gets back in cart*

We were actually 6 minutes ahead of schedule and they are clearly harassing us for no reason other than THEY are behind. I don't see this staff member for the remainder of my round.

Hole 10 and Hole 14: We continue to have similar check ins and lectures about pace of play with the original starter even though we were playing ahead of schedule. But I will note that we played the whole round in under 4.5 hours. While finishing within 5 minutes of the group in front of us.

Conclusion: This is not the way I would hope to be treated at a golf course. Not only is it embarrassing, it is also uncalled for.

We were literally harassed all day. I came to have a relaxing round of golf and instead I was meant with hostility and rudeness. Not only will I not be back but you shouldn't go either.

Beautiful course

We used to play Delaware in our league But always played the senior tees. Played it yesterday from the white tees. We enjoyed our round of golf

Very nice golf course with a long history. Very unique layout and the conditions were excellent . Highly recommend this course to anyone.

DGC

This is not only a great bang for your buck it is quite a challenging test of golf. Course conditioned excellent…greens good. They need to encourage more repairing of ball marks. Some tough holes but golf was not meant to be easy. Plus the staff goes WAY out of their way to make sure you have a good experience

BUCKEYE11

Great time, liked front side a little more than back side. Will play again!

Commented on 08/08/2022

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Delaware Golf Club!

Commented on 08/05/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jsnyder05! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Delaware Golf Club!

Great facilities and amenities, odd course layout

I played the back 9, conditions were great, warm up areas (range, chipping area, putting green) we’re all phenomenal, staff was extremely friendly and everything was all reasonably priced for a course this nice that was open to the public. My only complaint is that for a first time visitor it would have been nice to have a map of the holes somewhere in the cart or on the scorecard, I did find myself struggling to find tee boxes at time and a few holes it’s impossible to see the pin or fairway from the tee box so it would’ve been nice to have a map somewhere. Other than that everything was great!

Commented on 07/25/2022

tannerradfordgolf, thanks for the amazing review and for choosing Delaware Golf Club. We hope to see you again soon!

Good conditions

Course is in great shape even with the lack of rain. It is one of the very few courses that actually have traps in playable condition

Commented on 07/15/2022

Your feedback is important to us, u000007068011. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Delaware Golf Club.

Commented on 07/15/2022

Hi, bpm555. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Delaware Golf Club!

Galena, Ohio
Lewis Center, Ohio
Ostrander, Ohio
Sunbury, Ohio
Westerville, Ohio
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).