Springdale

Year Built 1968
Architect Joseph Holmes

Bar, Snacks, Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in North Carolina (2021 #25)

Mike was extremely helpful and friendly. We enjoyed talking with him.

Best Resort Course I have ever played

By far the best mountain resort course I have ever played when considering all aspects of the golf experience. First time playing course, people were very helpful getting me to right place and staff was most friendly I had even had dealing s with when somewhere for first time, they made me feel like a MEMBER! Great condition for late October, excellent carts, GPS, etc. Greens, fairways, and tee boxes all in excellent condition. Got to bring some friends with me next time !

Best public course in WNC

This was my first round at Springdale in over 5 years. I had heard so many great things about the course since it changed hands in ownership a few years ago that I had to check it out myself. Booked through GolfNow for 55 bucks and it was the best 55 I’ve ever spent. Greens were still on their way back from aeration but were firm and rolled true. Can only imagine how great they are in peak season. Fairways were plush with no dead spots or brown patches. Challenging but playable rough. Tee boxes were well manicured and green. There were a couple of holes on the back that I didn’t particularly care for, but I would say my score on those had more to do with it than the actual golf hole itself! That alone would make for a great round, but there is more. Leave the speaker at home! For those of us who enjoy a little background music while we play the carts have Bluetooth speakers and USB ports for chargers. Also have gps and are incredibly helpful for someone unfamiliar with the course. The pace of play was great. My threesome flew through the course in under 4 hours. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The clubhouse and driving range were phenomenal. It’s a little under an hour outside of Asheville, but it is well worth the drive. Don’t pay the $150+ for the resort course in Asheville, drive out to Canton and enjoy the country mountain views and play a great round of golf in what I would call the best public/resort course in WNC.

Springdale Golf

I was paired with two other gentleman and was blown away with the views of the mountains. The tees,fairways over seeded with rye grass and greens were in excellent shape. The carts had headlights and taillights and we're in excellent shape. The greens ran around a 10 and rolled true. They had a one hour frost delay my tee time was 9:20 so beware of that and I played on 10/23/2022.I will be back to play here when in the Asheville area.

SLOW!!!

Frost delay, and we had VERY SLOW groups in front of us. 6 hour round. Frustrating.

Great chorus and scenery

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Course was in great shape in mid October recovered from last year‘s flooding beautifully and would strongly recommend this to anyone of all golf levels.

Excellent Course

Friendly staff. Course was in very good condition. The course description is backwards as the front nine is the valley (relatively flat) portion of the course and the back nine is the mountain side, but a good layout as gives you a chance to warm up before attacking the tougher half of the course. Falling leaves made it challenging to locate balls but that is Mother Nature at her best for just a couple of weeks. Ground crew was trying to keep up by keeping leaves from covering course but often had to putt through them. New clubhouse and other facilities in excellent condition. Only suggestions are to have a range Marshall keep the pace of play as we were waiting on every hole after #3 due to an older group two groups ahead with extremely slow play. Other suggestion is to improve directional signage. Looking forward to a return visit in the spring.

New favorite course

After hearing how great this course was, a friend and I decided to give it a try. The course was in great condition and the views cannot be beat, staff was very nice and helpful. Also has driving range to warm up at. This will be my new favorite course.

Beautiful golf course

Course was great, staff very courteous. If you’re playing this for the 1st time, I recommend playing with someone who has played it before. From hole 9 on, there are many blind shots and it’s very important to be in the right place to score. The greens were tricky too. Many optical illusions where you think you’re putting downhill, when in fact, it is uphill. But it is fun and there’s a great view on every hole.

Beautiful golf course in some holes that are so difficult some medium and some very difficult holes very challenging great conditions had a great time and if I ever get a chance I would definitely play this course again

Excellent Golfing

Springdale is a beautiful golf course the entire staff is extremely kind courteous polite the conditions of the chorus are wonderful the greens are perfect except for people don’t like paddleball marks. My son and I were up from Jacksonville Florida we met the owners the father and son very kind and polite people we talk to them for a while on the course we had a great time and we would definitely return when we can

A great course with good view of the mountains. Several challenging holes with elevation changes though manageable play options. Can score on this course with fairways and greens in good shape.

Awesome place - great value

I picked this course based on pictures I saw online for a visit to Ashville. I will say it was a great place to play. The course is challenging but playable, course was in great shape overall except it the greens were recently aerated and seeded but that's common this time of year. The facilities are new and top notch. The restaurant was awesome with views overlooking the 18th and the food was outstanding. Will definitely play again next time I'm in Asheville (45 min drive)

Gorgeous Course

Best public golf course in the area. Views cannot be beat and the course was fun and challenging. Had a great time except at the Springdale Spasm. Hole 13 made me want to quit golf.

Can’t wait to play there again!

Gorgeous Course

Probably the nicest course I’ve ever played. Front 9 was a nice warm up for the very challenging back 9

3.5682058824
Arden, North Carolina
Mills River, North Carolina
Maggie Valley, North Carolina
Fletcher, North Carolina
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort (Inn at Château or Villas at Château) and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club - Château, Woodlands, & Executive Courses.
GADSDEN, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Hampton Inn - Gadsden and 3 rounds of golf at Silver Lakes Golf Club - Championship & Short Courses.
HOT SPRINGS | Experience the ultimate Buddy Golf Captains getaway at the iconic Omni Homestead Resort, September 30 - October 2.
OPELIKA, AL | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National and 3 rounds of golf at Grand National Golf Club - Lakes, Links, & Short Courses.