The Golf Club at Star Fort sits near the site of a Revolutionary battle known as the Assault at Star Fort. The golf course offers a family-friendly layout surrounded by the region's rich history. The player-friendly design is gentle enough for junior players and beginners, but it's also great for more advanced players who are looking for a quick round. It will surprise you with a few challenges too. At 6,952 yards, the golf course isn't terribly long but there are still some good driving holes. There are some interesting risk-reward par 5s and some fun par 3s that will make you think. Star Fort's final hole is a par 4 that requires accuracy over distance since you'll have to weave through two ponds before facing an uphill shot to a well bunkered green.

The Golf Club at Star Fort

Year Built 1969
Architect George Cobb (1969)

Clubs No

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Swimming

Plays Long 6

Good Coarse

Greens not in best condition and pace of play was extremely slow

StarFort nice

Nice staff nice carts still don’t understand everyone uses carts touches steering wheel, yet because of pandemic survival rate 84% and only 2 sand traps had rakes worst sand traps in 30!days I’ve played

Commented on 03/30/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing The Golf Club At Star Fort.

Nice layout

Nice layout but the greens were not that good. Don’t book a tee time before 8am because they don’t open before then and golf now allows you to start booking at 7am

Great golf course

Would be nice to see some. 18 hole rates in the 20.00 up to 28.00 range for 18 holes

Great Day and great greens

Would be an awesome course if the cart paths were improved!

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at The Golf Club At Star Fort. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Greens need some work, cart paths are very bad, bunkers are not raked, other than that it is a pretty little golf course. It definitely needs some love.

Great Greens

Love playing this course because of the challenging layout. It's nice to putt on above average greens that stimp a little higher than most other courses nearby.

Star fort has been making leaps and bound these past few years. Great course and great staff!

The staff were not helpful at all.

Got there at 8:50am for a 9:10 tee time. Checked in at the pro shop with no problems. Was not told that there was a tournament going on in the middle of the day. Being ingnorant to this fact we started on the 10th tee because the first was packed. Got to the turn and I was told I could not continue playing because of the tournament. No big deal. I tried to get a rain check for the last nine but was denied because I booked on Golf Now. Staff members then proceeded to tell me I should have teed off on the first tee and I could’ve continued to play as if they told me there would be a tournament later that day and I should have started on the front. First and last time I play here.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Golf Club At Star Fort. We hope to see you again soon.

Great conditions!

You can definitely tell the course has a new superintendent. The greens were a little slower than normal, but the overall course was extremely enjoyable.

The worst pace of play I have ever seen

I have attempted to play this course a few times and have never been able to play all 18 holes before getting frustrated because of the EXTREMELY slow pace and rudeness of players. Fivesomes every where and groups refuse to let anyone play through. There were 7 groups on one hole waiting to hit. The course itself is decent but staff do nothing to speed up players. Would not recommend this course unless you enjoy waiting 10 minutes between shots.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing The Golf Club At Star Fort. We hope to see you again soon.

The Fort

Course was in great condition. The greens rolled very smoothly and the fairway were very good. The only issue was the group of five holding up play.

Great experience

Played this course 4 or 5 times and this is the first time we’ve ever had to wait at the tees fun course with some challenging holes. Great staff are always friendly.

Ninety Six, South Carolina
4.4020352941
Hodges, South Carolina
Waterloo, South Carolina
Ware Shoals, South Carolina
Abbeville, South Carolina
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
CHARLESTON, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at The Francis Marion Hotel and play 4 rounds of golf at Links at Stono Ferry, Dunes West GC, Charleston National Country Club and Rivertowne Country Club.
KIAWAH ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations in a Resort Class Villa at Kiawah Island Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Osprey Point, Turtle Point, Cougar Point and Ocean Course.
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Sea Pines Golf Resort and play 4 rounds of golf at Heron Point, Atlantic Dunes at Sea Pines Resort, Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes and Hilton Head National.