Allenmore Golf Course is located in the heart of Tacoma but thanks to the beautiful setting with Mt. Rainier serving as a backdrop, it feels like it's actually miles from the city. The layout is just over 6,000 yards from the back tees and though it's not particularly long, it offers plenty of variety. It's a course where you'll have to use every club in your bag. Trouble lurks at almost every turn in the form of doglegs, trees, or out-of-bounds. Water hazards also come into play. With uphill, sidehill, and downhill lies, the course is never boring and while there are some challenging holes, there are also birdie opportunities if you play strategically. In addition to the golf course, Allenmore also has a short-iron driving range and a practice facility with chipping and putting greens.

Allenmore Golf Course

Year Built 1931

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello and thank you for visiting us at Allenmore Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Excellent green condition for winter

Little bit wet but not too bad and green is still fast for January.

Commented on 01/19/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Allenmore Golf Course.

Commented on 01/18/2021

We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Allenmore Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Post rain storm

Play was cart path only. The course was drenched from Several days of heavy rain. The greens were in exceptional condition considering. Overall condition well above-average considering the weather. However the Pro Shop Clerk, young male about 30, was unnecessarily abrasive and caustic. The Pro Shop was empty when I walked in. He just stared at me intently without saying a word until I reach the counter. He continued to stare. I provided my info for my son and I from our Golf Now registration. He advised it was cart path only and became aggressive, stating that there would be no tolerance for driving off the cart path and that they had kicked off several people who did not pay attention to the rules. He again emphasize the fact that we had better follow the rules or we would be sent home. His Direction for which cart to take reflected a similar attitude and abruptness. It does suggest a different career path might be in order, such as Gulag guard........ or director of guillotine operations.

Commented on 01/19/2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we truly apologize for any poor experience you had with our staff recently as this is by no means the standard we aim to achieve. Your feedback has been escalated appropriately, but we would also like to encourage you to contact Craig Moore, General Manager, at (253) 627-7211 so we may address this situation with you directly. We hope we can welcome you back for an improved golf experience in the near future.

Sunny and wet

Course is wet, lots of standing water, due to all the rain we have received lately. Always a good time as long as the wind isn’t blowing hard.

Commented on 01/15/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Allenmore Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Not a good course during winter

This course will be good when it comes to dry season, but not during winter.
Continuous rain in the winter makes the course really soggy and wet, not a good place to have round in the winter.
I will probably come back when it comes to dry season, but certainly not in the winter.

Commented on 01/12/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, Seth. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Allenmore Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

18 holes of winter golfing with brother in law

Fairways and greens were in great shape for the month of December. Greens were in excellent form and made putting fun. Played off a mat on #12 par three, only other complaint was it was cart path only.... majority of fairways were firm enough to allow 90 degrees.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Allenmore Golf Course.

Allenmore is a surprising gem!

First time playing Allenmore. Found it in great condition, well drained and greens smooth and fast. Did not know what to expect but we were very pleased and will return! It’s a little short but super fun and an easy walk.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Allenmore Golf Course thanks you!

Allenmore is a gem

Played Allenmore for the first time today. I found it well kept and well drained. Greens were speedy and nice.

Commented on 01/05/2021

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 12/15/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course.

Dryer than I tough it would be

We had a ton of rain the day before. I thought the course would be pretty muddy. I was surprised at how well it had drained. Not much mud on the ball. The greens were still pretty hard. Better than any other course I played in the area in the last week

Commented on 12/15/2020

Sunny winter golf

Beautiful sunny day, course in great shape overall, with very few soggy areas. Tee boxes and greens in great shape. Pace of play could have been better but it was the others in my group who were slow - oh well. Marshal was very nice about telling us to speed up!

Commented on 12/07/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Allenmore Golf Course!

Another great day at Allenmore

Commented on 12/08/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

surprised that course was dry in middle of rainy season .

Commented on 12/01/2020

Thank you for your review, Helen. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 12/01/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course! We greatly appreciate the 5-stars.

Commented on 11/27/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Anonymous

Golfnow tax

Golf Now charges more than the local tax rate, the local tax rate is 10.1% and golf now charged 15.2. doesn't seem honest

Commented on 11/25/2020

We appreciate you reviewing the course. Your feedback about confusion during the booking process is important to us. We always want to make sure our golfers are clear about their purchase before checking out. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Allenmore Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/23/2020

Overall its well kept and condition is good!!
I enjoyed it!

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course!

Commented on 11/20/2020

We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thank you for golfing at Allenmore Golf Course!

Fircrest, Washington