View from a green at Allenmore Golf Course

Allenmore Golf Course is located in the heart of Tacoma but thanks to the beautiful setting with Mt. Rainier serving as a backdrop, it feels like it's actually miles from the city. The layout is just over 6,000 yards from the back tees and though it's not particularly long, it offers plenty of variety. It's a course where you'll have to use every club in your bag. Trouble lurks at almost every turn in the form of doglegs, trees, or out-of-bounds. Water hazards also come into play. With uphill, sidehill, and downhill lies, the course is never boring and while there are some challenging holes, there are also birdie opportunities if you play strategically. In addition to the golf course, Allenmore also has a short-iron driving range and a practice facility with chipping and putting greens.

Allenmore Golf Course

Year Built 1931

Allennore

Great course for what you pay for. Worth every penny. For being late July the fairways and greens were in amazing condition. Definitely will be back in the near future.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hi, JustDaveIt. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Allenmore Golf Course!

Warden was very mean

Warden yelled at 3 women playing the course, saying that we had a 2 hole gap in front of us. We told him it was our first time playing the course and we have higher handicaps. The one gentleman playing with us was not spoken to and agreed it was uncalled for and rude.
The people putting out at the home behind us, told us they had not had to wait on us at all . And stated he was being a jerk.
If he wanted to increase our pace of play, he had the opposite effect because all our games got worse after being yelled at by 3 to 4 strokes a hole. Which of course takes longer.
The hole pro said that he was a retired policeman and very rough around the edges. You would have thought he was speaking to vandals and taggers not 3 woman just trying to enjoy their weekend with a round of golf.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hi, AmyHeller. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are sorry to hear your customer service experience was not up to par. Please reach out to our management team at (253) 627-7211, and thanks for visiting Allenmore Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Awesome

For the 1st time it was amazing course. Love to play it again.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Thank you for your review, u945798139. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/12/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Phil4920694. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course!

Commented on 07/12/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u877940183. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course!

Great course for the average player

Challenging but fun, course is laid out well long par four followed by a par five, lots of fun to be had by all. Off course amenities are sparse if you have a morning teatime and you wanted to have breakfast at the clubhouse before your round your round needs to start after 12 o’clock, because the restaurant does not open until 11. If you are golfing on Monday, the restaurant is not open at all. Other than that love this course

Commented on 07/19/2021

Hello, u9446426. Thank you for visiting us at Allenmore Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/12/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Josh7949429. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course!

Commented on 07/06/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, cave65. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course!

New home course

I just moved to the Puyallup area and a buddy recommended your course. Glad he did. Best conditioned greens I've seen on a public course in a long time. Everyone I have met has been friendly and helpful.
Nice job Allenmore.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Your feedback is important to us, u000004944637. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course.

Allenmore Golf Course review

The carts are new and very nice, even have small ice chests on them.
The Pro Shop is nice, organized, and we actually teed off 5 or 10 minutes early.
Only problem is whoever laid out the course made a huge error! I was hitting ProV1 balls but the fairways kept missing them. I suggest re-working all fairways to have a sharp bend to the right, this would improve the course so much for me. The greens were all in great shape though.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for your review, dc494395042. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mondays

Just a heads up for people playing on Monday…restaurant’s closed, and beverage cart doesn’t seem to run before 10. Other than that it’s a good course

Commented on 07/19/2021

I have played here a long time and it is one of my favorite courses

Commented on 07/06/2021

Your feedback is important to us, cJTLlXLfGJoMQ7YPr5gZ. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Allenmore Golf Course.

Beautiful views and great conditions

Speedy morning play, started at 7am done before 10:30am.

Commented on 06/28/2021

Hi, Rodney6776149. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Allenmore Golf Course.

Local Course

Challenging course mostly because of the greens set ups. Lots of last minute movement near the holes. A Marshall would be helpful to improve the pace of play

Commented on 07/06/2021

Hello, Pterryandjude. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Allenmore Golf Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 06/23/2021

Hi, jparker4. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Allenmore Golf Course!

Local

Good course to play if you aren't looking for too much of a challenge. Greens are always in good shape. Restaurant opens at 9:00 and has pretty goid burgers. even though sign upstairs says 11:00.

Commented on 06/21/2021

Hello, Mickey88. Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your round at Allenmore Golf Course. That's what we like to hear! We hope to see you again soon!

Losing money

I love the course, but the restaurant is not open for breakfast, or open at all on Mondays. I play every Monday somewhere and it would be nice if my local course had a restaurant option for breakfast and an after round cocktail and I’m sure I’m not alone

Commented on 06/11/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Allenmore Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/01/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Allenmore Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Fircrest, Washington
4.0562058824
Lakewood, Washington
University Place, Washington
Gig Harbor, Washington
Federal Way, Washington
McChord AFB, Washington
Gig Harbor, Washington
DUPONT, WA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tacoma DuPont and 2 rounds of golf at Chambers Bay Golf Club.
BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course.
WHISTLER, CAN | Enjoy 4 nights' accommodations at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa and 4 rounds of golf at Big Sky GC, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler GC, Nicklaus North GC & Whistler GC.
BEND, OR | Enjoy 1 nights’ accommodation at the Huntington Lodge and 2 rounds of golf on the Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
SENECA, OR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Silvies Valley Ranch, unlimited golf with cart and range balls, meals, and more.