Previously known as Golden Hills Golf & Turf Club.

Ocala National at Golden Hills Country Club

Year Built 1964

Dress code Shirts with collars for men & appropriate tops for ladies are required at all times; Men's shirts must be tucked in.

Fitness

Plays Long 59

Great Value

Greens are tricky and little slow (to be expected in summer) but in great condition . I love the layout of this course and will definitely play it again !

Great layout. Demanding course. Rough is very high and tough. Stay in fairway. Lostballs in rough. Bunkers need work so stay out of them. Greens are great. Layout very challenging. Stay away if you want easy. Play for the challenge. Well worth it.

Played today. Course is in great condition, except for two greens, they need work. I'll play again, I like the course.

Rough

Course was nice, the Rough is bad. Good luck trying to find your ball. But overall nice course, tough tight fairways on some, but challenging course,!!!

Play this course!

Recommend this course to anyone … mature well maintained course that is among the best in the area.

Nice Layout

Our first time playing this course. I found the pro shop staff to be very friendly. The course layout was actually pretty good...mature trees alongside most fairways and some hills. Unfortunately, the course conditions were not the best. The front nine conditions seemed poorer than the back 9; however, the conditioning overall needs attention. The bunkers have not been trimmed, the sand is poor; the rough is mostly weeds. Greens had some sand left on them and rolled very slowly. It's too bad the conditioning isn't better because the setting is nice.

Good value

Been playing here for several years,. While generally worse than in its prime years, conditions have improved a bit with drier weather, and the staff appears to be making an admirable effort to keep greens and fairway landing areas in decent shape while spending less time on bunkers, rough, tee boxes, etc. (a more than fair trade-off). Bunkers are in particularly rough shape because they've removed rakes for COVID precautions, which is sensible. You will absolutely lose balls mere steps off the fairway in some cases, as the rough is essentially not being cut or maintained (especially in wet conditions). Greens had a few sandy patches as other reviews have said, but overall I thought they were rolling relatively true and were not a detriment to play at all. I suggest avoiding after any lengthy periods of rain, but the course is a fantastic value in dry conditions.

Ocala National

Arrived early for our tee time and was allowed to go right off. Pace of play was great. No wait I. Front of us and nobody up our backside all day. We will definitely return!

Great fun

This course is my favorite. It is always in good condition. However it is now owned by an absentee owner. This is not good. Several employees have told me the owner is NOT providing sufficient funds for proper upkeep.
I hate to hear that because it can be the best in Ocala. Beautiful grounds ,greens that hold the ball. I like it and for the best.

Really challenging course.

Curse in really good shape, greens soft, probably needs more water as the sun, wind and lack of rain is not helping. Overall the greens were in good shape. Sand traps need rakes but Covid-19 probably prevents use. Some areas next to fairways need cutting which in turn would speed up pace of play. Staff very accommodating and friendly.

Good course ,great value

As always I was very pleased to get back to a course I truly believe give me my monies worth. Course was in great condition. I met the course grounds manager and was impressed with his care for the course. I hope it remains as good as it is.
I'll be back often.

Good course

Greens were OK a little better than most the fairways were nice but the layout in the hills of Ocala make for a gorgeous golf course. There was a nice breeze today course was pretty empty it was a great day and the course like I said was in good shape.

Nice but ……

Course and layout was nice. There were slot of homes but we’re not that close to the fairways. The roughs were just that …. rough and uncut on some holes.

All of that was manageable including the friendliness of the golfers! That was another plus!

But the pace was very slow.. At my tee time I was asked to join a two some in front of me and they were great guys! There were two foursomes immediately behind us and three foursomes teeing off in front of us …… at tee time .

Once we started the pace was good, finishing the front nine in 2 hours 15 minutes, which was respectable.

The back 9 was much slower as we were all backed up pretty badly as the pace of play slowed pretty badly. We got to meet the 4 some in front of us and the one behind us as we all were backed up from hole 10 on. Our 3 some left after hole 14, we all had to go and do other things.

I’d try the course again though

Great shape

This course is always in great shape. I am ways impressed with the care and maintenance of this course. The greens are well groomed and provide just enough challenge to make you think. The tee boxes are green with grass and not beat up or overused. The fairways provide a great challenge, open, but they reward you with good placement and can prove difficult with a poor tee shot. This is one of my favorite courses in the area, I highly recommend this course.

Dunnellon, Florida
4.6722058824
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Mission Inn Resort & Club and 2 rounds of golf at Mission Inn Resort & Club - El Campeon & Las Colinas Courses.
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodation at The Lodge at Orange County National and 3 rounds of golf at Celebration Golf Club, Orange County- Crooked Cat and Orange County- Panther Lake.
PALM COAST, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at The Club at Hammock Beach (Troon Privé).
ORLANDO, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Bay Hill Lodge and 1 round of golf at Bay Hill Club.
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The World Golf Village Renaissance Resort, 2 rounds of golf at World Golf Village’s King & Bear and Slammer & Squire courses, and a 90-minute tune-up at the PGA TOUR Golf Academy.