Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Perry Maxwell (1950) Press Maxwell (1950)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Near the Airport 12
On a College Campus 6

Solid

One of the better deals in the area. Fun course, chill staff. The greens were really fast for not being in great condition, so that was a challenge.

Commented on 02/08/2021

Hi mfloto, thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed our staff while playing at the course. It sounds like you had a fun round while also saving money which is always a win. We hope you will visit the course again soon.

Layout good, greens OK, fairways not great

The fairways had very little grass and thus hard as a dried out pancake. To be fair, what grass there is now is dormant but most courses have some to hit off of. I liked the overall layout and would come back in Spring to see the overall conditions. Greens ranged from fair to good condition.

Commented on 02/12/2021

Hi, ddorrance! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 02/10/2021

Hello, u314160587044. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Slow Pace of Play

Greens were struggling somewhat, and several tee boxes were not level, but the rest of the course was in good condition. Pace of play was slow, the course could use a Marshall.

Commented on 02/04/2021

Hi Pauld57, thank you for the 4-star review. We appreciate your feedback about the course. We will take your comments into consideration when making improvements on the course. Thanks again and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Commented on 02/04/2021

Hello, Nancywessling. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Excellent Course

Very challenging. Greens were fast. In good conditions for being winter. Definitely will be one of my favorite courses

Commented on 02/04/2021

Hi u314160764308, thank you for the 5-star review. It's great to hear you enjoyed the course. Being able to play during the winter is one of the perks of being in Austin! Please visit us again soon.

Commented on 02/02/2021

Hello, idream0fg0lf. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Outstanding condition and beautiful greens!

Every time we play this outstanding course, it is in better condition than before. We try to play there once a month and are NEVER disappointed with the the conditions and professionalism of the Staff. You can certainly see how this course was once the Austin Country Club due to the excellent layout and challenging angles. Ever since Austin Community College bought this course and brought in a highly professional general manager, the course has become a must play in the Austin area.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi rabender, thank you for the nice review. It is great to see the staff and service appreciated. We are happy to hear you play once a month. We love all of our regulars! Thanks again for your nice words and we will see you on the course soon.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello, idream0fg0lf. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Anonymous

Greens are rough

Course was very compact. Good thing is your ball rolls forever, bad thing is your ball rolls forever. Great for fairway but the ball would not stick on the greens. Hopefully they will make improvements to greens during the spring.

Commented on 02/04/2021

Hello, u000004384504. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Need attention

I have had to play this course 10+ times. Every time I have gone out there it has been a blast. I always mean new cool people out there. But this last time I went out there the golf course definitely needs to be attended to. I understand is this time of year that it’s hard for the golf course. But hole number two green was at its worst and the greens, can’t really call them greens

Commented on 02/02/2021

Hi Montana218, thank you for the feedback. We are working on the course every day and think you will enjoy the improvements. Thanks again and we hope you will visit again soon.

Hills

If you want to challenge your elevation skills, this is the course for you.
Also keep an eye out for the deer on the back nine.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hello, williamru. Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, Funan9811694. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Rude Staff, Golf Now tee times say Cart Included, They charged me for a Cart anyway and the Cart Died

The reservation clearly say CART Included.

I got unexpectedly charged for a cart & then it died on the back 9.

When I went to get my car, these guys saw me leave the cart & stole a brand new bag of tees and some new golf balls from my bag.

Worst experience, terrible service. I paid the cart fee and it still died. Riverside Golf Course is a one and done.

They overwater the greens and fairways to compensate for their laziness. It’s a mushy curse with no Marshall’s and terrible service in the golf shop. Even if the cart didn’t die, I would probably give this 1 star.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello, u314159644573. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to our management team at {{business_phone_number}, and thank you for choosing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

Always an Affordable 18

Without over seeded fairways, winter brings yellow to the course but the grass was still in decent condition. Greens are small and some show some damage but are ok overall. The staff is always nice and they usually have a drink cart coming around even during the week.

Slick Greens

Nice course but pace of play was much too slow. Course desperately needs Marshalls.

Commented on 12/11/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 12/11/2020

Hello, Dhruv3920386. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Commented on 01/20/2021

Hello, imaro100. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Riverside Golf course.

This course has come a long way. They are doing great things to it.

Commented on 12/04/2020

Hi, ljp7327. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!