Riverside Golf Course

Year Built 1950
Architect Perry Maxwell (1950) Press Maxwell (1950)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Discover

Near the Airport 12
On a College Campus 6

Outstanding condition and beautiful greens!

Every time we play this outstanding course, it is in better condition than before. We try to play there once a month and are NEVER disappointed with the the conditions and professionalism of the Staff. You can certainly see how this course was once the Austin Country Club due to the excellent layout and challenging angles. Ever since Austin Community College bought this course and brought in a highly professional general manager, the course has become a must play in the Austin area.

Commented on 01/15/2021

Hi rabender, thank you for the nice review. It is great to see the staff and service appreciated. We are happy to hear you play once a month. We love all of our regulars! Thanks again for your nice words and we will see you on the course soon.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 01/11/2021

Hello, idream0fg0lf. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Hills

If you want to challenge your elevation skills, this is the course for you.
Also keep an eye out for the deer on the back nine.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hello, williamru. Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hi, Funan9811694. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Rude Staff, Golf Now tee times say Cart Included, They charged me for a Cart anyway and the Cart Died

The reservation clearly say CART Included.

I got unexpectedly charged for a cart & then it died on the back 9.

When I went to get my car, these guys saw me leave the cart & stole a brand new bag of tees and some new golf balls from my bag.

Worst experience, terrible service. I paid the cart fee and it still died. Riverside Golf Course is a one and done.

They overwater the greens and fairways to compensate for their laziness. It’s a mushy curse with no Marshall’s and terrible service in the golf shop. Even if the cart didn’t die, I would probably give this 1 star.

Commented on 01/04/2021

Hello, u314159644573. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please reach out to our management team at {{business_phone_number}, and thank you for choosing Riverside Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

Always an Affordable 18

Without over seeded fairways, winter brings yellow to the course but the grass was still in decent condition. Greens are small and some show some damage but are ok overall. The staff is always nice and they usually have a drink cart coming around even during the week.

Slick Greens

Nice course but pace of play was much too slow. Course desperately needs Marshalls.

Commented on 12/11/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 12/11/2020

Hello, Dhruv3920386. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Riverside Golf course.

This course has come a long way. They are doing great things to it.

Commented on 12/04/2020

Hi, ljp7327. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!

It got worse over the years

I remember this course being pretty decent but the last time I played this course, the fairway was so hard I thought I was hitting my ball from a concrete floor...

The Group in front of us was hitting two balls per person and then there was another group in front which was super slow. One of the guys behind my group was blasting music (which I don't really care as long as it's not too loud but his was) parks right behind my cart while I'm trying to hit my tee shot making me unable to concentrate. After I hit my shot, this guy wearing his no sleave shirt says daylight is short so don't hit two balls per person when we were playing with just one ball which made my uncomfortable (my tee time was at 2:40 PM and ended up teeing off closer to 3 because of those groups in front of us). No marshalls to keep them in check.

I used to like the course but I don't know about now...

Not worth over 35 dollars.

Commented on 12/03/2020

Hello, khick. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting Riverside Golf Course!

Commented on 12/03/2020

Hi, CodyWescott. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Riverside Golf Course.

Worth the hot deal

Wouldn’t pay over $40 for this course but it’s worth the deal. Greens are nice except some patches. played on a weekday and finished in 3 hours so pace of play was excellent!

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hi, u3752825. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Riverside Golf Course!

Course is a pleasure to play

I enjoy this course. There is a mix of easier holes and tougher holes. The course is in great shape given the very dry conditions. Even on a nice (but windy) Sunday morning, pace of play was good.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, ATxFergy64! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hello, u908892250. Thank you for visiting us at Riverside Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Riverside

The course played really well and was in really good shape. It was a busy day on the course, but rarely if ever did we have to wait on shots because of groups in front. Under 4 hours pace of play. Also had some pretty good size and good looking bucks out along the course.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, CoachBean9. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Nice for a quick round

Course is in decent shape. Greens are starting to fill back in and soften up, but we’re very wet. This is a great course for beginners, or anyone looking to get out and play a quick afternoon round. Wish there was a full driving range, but the hitting net is a nice touch. Prefer when #1 is configured as a par 4. Hope they keep repairing the greens and tee boxes over the fall/winter. Seems like the course took on a lot of traffic after reopening after COVID, but it’s on the come up again. Staff is always an A+.

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hi HarpSauce21, thank you for writing us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed your round at the course. We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve the course throughout the year. Thanks again and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Great course for the price

Not a very long course as far as length is concerned. Chipping was fairly difficult because the grass wasn't very high in the rough or up around the green, but all in all it was a good experience.

Commented on 11/12/2020

Hi Austin1242468. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Riverside Golf Course.

Customer service

You might get confused when trying to drive to this course. Just follow google maps.
Checking in was easy.
Marshall drives you to the first tee.
Course was super wet. No sand on our cart to fill divots.
We had 6 with us. At some point the course was slow so we joined up. Keeping a decent pace of play, meaning no one was playing into us.
Marshall was very rude in his request for us to SPEED UP AND SPLIT UP.
he got our entire group riled up to the point some of us couldn’t enjoy the rest of the game.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hi Ltghhs, thank you for writing us a review. We are sorry to hear about the customer service you experienced on the course. This is not representative of Riverside. We will speak with our team to ensure this problem does not come up again in the future. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Commented on 10/12/2020