2.3

Style Executive
Lake Lindero Golf Course

Year Built 1967
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1967)

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

FootGolf, Tennis

Nice Executive Course

Nice variety of holes. Not your typical par three...

Playing first time

Beautiful course, but I was a little confused on where hole 2 was. Started going the wrong way, but asked another golfer where to go. They advised me to stay to the right. After that it was easier to find our way. Nice fairways and better greens. Just wish I played a better game. Now that I know the layout, I’m positive my next game will be better. Going back soon !

Middle of the Road

First time playing here. The nice part was it was not crowded, but the conditions were not what I expected from the reviews. We arrived and waited for someone to show up to get help and possibly something to eat before heading out.
Then we learned they have no food or restaurant so we pushed on.
The course is 9 holes not 18 but ok. We finished up rather well left and went for an early dinner elsewhere.

Lindero

The course was in pretty good shape not perfect. Some of the par threes were quite long and very challenging. The two par fours were also challenging. I really enjoyed my round it was easy to walk and me and my wife had a good time because it was a simple course but it was challenging for me.

9 Hole for Beginners

Unless you’re a beginner I wouldn’t recommend this course. I didn’t love the layout of it and it didn’t offer much.

Great Value

This course is certainly a great value, conveniently located, and complete with friendly staff.

My main grievance ultimately lies in the layout of the course, with a few fairways tightly nestled between a line of homes. This is more a reflection of my skillset as a leisurely golfer, as my drives tend to veer to the left and right in glorious, unpredictable fashion. Crossing the road was to finish up the round was an interesting quirk as well.

I would have enjoyed a less punishing and restrictive space to work with, but I suppose I’ll just work on my game. The value, amenities, and staff are all great, and make up for my shortcomings and reservations about the course layout.

Lovely Neighborhood Course

This neighborhood course reminds me of the Babe Zaharias golf course in Florida. It is in the neighborhood and goes by lots of backyards. I took my nephew who had never played golf on a course and he got par on hole #9! I enjoyed playing here. Lots of water so be careful with your shots!

Fun course, well kept and nice staff!

This was our first time playing Lake Lindero. I had heard about it through a friend and heard it was a nice executive course. The course was well kept, staff was super nice and we will definitely be back. Lots of water hazards so bring extra balls and the course layout is a bit confusing the first time you play, but overall, I highly recommend Lake Lindero!

Fun, short neighborhood Course - Just be aware of what you are signing up for

Lindero is some respects a "goat track," but in other respects perfect. Just depends what you are looking for. It is much busier than normal now because of the pandemic, and full of "newbies," so thought I'd write a review so people know what they are getting into if they make the drive.

I live a mile from the course and play it regularly with my son. It is a perfect place to hit a bucket, or play nine, or even six, or six twice (the layout is split between six holes by club house and three across the street). The fairways and greens are in reasonably ok condition. Greens are very slow, but at least green. The rough areas can be like an expedition into the wilds of gophers and ground squirrels, or ducks and geese depending on the hole. The maintenance on the course is minimal, and the heavy play recently is starting to take a toll, especially on tee boxes.

The layout is actually pretty nice. Holes 1,2 and 9 are straightforward short par 3s. Hole 3 is a legit nice par 3 almost 200 yards. Hole 4 is a par 4 that you can gamble for the green in attempt to birdie, with the possibility of hitting it in the stream. Holes 5,6 are legit medium par 3s with interesting shots into greens across water. Hole 7 is an actual par 4 with a small landing area for drive. Hole is in pretty bad shape. Hole 8 is a nice par 3 over water with a newish green. Holes 7,8,9 (across road) are not as well maintained as 1-6. The club also allows foot golf and the holes run through a middle class neighborhood, so there are often "bogies" walking on the course with their dogs, et.al., especially in evenings.

All in all its a pleasant place, especially good for kids and beginners, but "normal" golfers can still have fun and get around quickly if you want to get in a quick round without high expectations.

Decent Short Course

I always love playing so it is hard to try to give an honest review of a course, because I pretty much always love it. This is a cheap course, a short course, so it is about as you'd expect. Not in the best shape, but you get what you pay for. Layout is interesting for being so short. If you're looking for a quick cheap round this is a good place, I would definitely go play again. I also think you have the option of a 6 hole round/rate if you are stuck for time, you pass the clubhouse after the 6th hole so it works out.

Hidden Gem

Best value for the money, by far. Beautiful fairways, greens were kept up. Challenging for beginners. Narrow fairways on some holes with homes oh side. Hit it straight or you may hit someone’s house. Very friendly staff.

Good all round valuable course

The Lake Lindero golf course is like a breath of fresh air literally and figuratively. It is a sprawling course, with ponds, creeks having wonderful birds like Canadian geese, great egrets, snowy egrets, blue egrets, ducks etc. and occasional coyotes too. It's a great delight just walking the course.

This course has the potential to go from good to great ! While there is some strategic scope for all-round improvements; as it is right now this course is a great value for money and your time for an excellent experience and is well balanced in it's design to appeal to beginners to intermediate and advanced golfers. They also have a driving range for practice which is well maintained.

Additionally they have foot-golf which is such a wonderful and rare opportunity for all ages and entire families with multi-generational age groups play together and have a wonderful time.

Simi Valley, California
Simi Valley, California
Calabasas, California
Moorpark, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill Newport Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Monarch Beach Resort and play 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Courtyard San Diego Oceanside and 2 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club & Omni LaCosta Resort & Spa.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.