Tierra Rejada Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Steve Timm (1999)

Fitness

Dinner 20

Really windy day

The course was in decent shape following all the rain we had the previous week. Unfortunately the high winds limited us to playing only the front 9. My brother and I thought about asking for a rain check for the back nine but just ended up leaving. We really like the course and plan to come back but the golf gods kept us out today😌

Overall very good, but it is a very challenging course

Hadn't played Tierra Rejada in a few years. I enjoyed it, maybe because I was playing pretty well. It is a hard course where you can lose a lot of balls. Front nine very hilly and a couple very difficult holes and pin placements. Back nine is mostly flatter except for # 10 which is severely uphill. We didn't tee off until almost 2:00 PM on a windy day and flew around the front nine which was great. Then we caught the crowds and the course was slow. The Conditions were overall very good considering the rain and the greens were great. Quick and tricky. I had a good time and will return.

Commented on 01/27/2023

HI Ronstam, thank you very much for the 4 start review! We look forward to having you back at the course soon!

Nice views that’s about it.

The greens where very nice . The rest of the course was in pretty bad shape . Fairways where poor . Pictures posted are not what this course really looks like/

Commented on 01/27/2023

Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the views and the greens. Due to the heavy amounts of rain, combined with our Bermuda fairways being dormant, that can be a difficult combination for fairway conditions. Having said that, the course has been drying out and looking much better. We hope to see you at the course again soon.

Commented on 01/21/2023

Thank you very much for the 5-star review! We are happy to know you have had a great experience and look forward to having you back again soon!

Clueless

I missed playing the last two holes due to a dead cart and miscommunication between the front desk and a nonobservant marshal. Long story, but the bottom line is that I had to wait 25 mins with the cart, while waiting for the marshal, as I was told to wait with the cart each time I called the front desk (four times). I didn't want to hold up the groups behind us, and told my group to finish. I told the front desk, and I assume the assistant manager or manager of the problem, and told him that the marshal was blaming the front desk, and the front desk was blaming the marshal. He said, "it's ok, I can take it", obviously missing the point. I told him that I was upset that I couldn't finish the round with my friends, because of the instructions and miscommunication, and he told me that I could go back and finish 18 if I wanted (even though it was 17 and 18, and with my friends already in the car). Totally clueless. I don't mind that the course conditions weren't great, but if you are the person in charge, and clueless to customer satisfaction (or even fairness), then you're in trouble. The shame is that this course and staff used to be really good.

Commented on 01/14/2023

Good Morning and thank you for your review. We would love to gather some more detail about your experience so we can work to ensure that nothing like this happens again. Please reach out to us directly at kdennis@arcisgolf.com so we can work on making this right for you.

Everything good

I had fun playing rounds with my friends
It was a bit difficult because it was after the rain and it was a cart pass only, but the scenery was nice and the play speed was so good that I enjoyed the round.

Commented on 01/14/2023

Hi byubyul, Thank you very much for the 4-start review. The rain has definitely made things soggy but we are happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed some of our amazing views! We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 01/14/2023

Thank you for the 5-star review! It's makes us feel good to know we have left you with such a great impression!

Hi Tom,
Thank you very much for the 4 start review. We are always working hard to improve and hope to turn this into 5 stars on your next visit.

Slow, bad, expensive golf

For north of $100 bucks for a green fee you would think a course could afford a marshal. >5 hours to play a round on a course that has 12 decent holes and 6 terrible holes is a farce. The number of people who have clearly never played golf who come out on this course is insane.

Commented on 01/14/2023

Hi igoldsmith, We are sorry to hear your experience was not up to your expectations. Please reach out to us directly so we can get some more detail on your experience, and work with you and making improvements. Contact us at kdennis@arcisgolf.com

Horrible service.

Very horrible first experience . Manager Jacob chandler was extremely rude . Complete waste of $120 , course was very nice . Service was horrible.

Cheap mountain side realestate turned into golf course

Terrible day for me! Lost at least 10 balls on the front 9 alone(I have a 10 handicap). Many lost balls even on excellent hits. The front 9 is full of side hill fairways and the back is only marginally better. I paid over $100 for green fee and cart. I will never return to this couse again.

Review

Slow pace. 5 hours plus. All up steel hills. No flat lies. Didn’t love it.

Fun course with a few rough spots

Course has no yardage markers so you really need a range finder. A couple of the tees were really worn down but the greens are in decent shape. It helps if you know the course, there are some blind shots you have to make on very hilly holes. The first hole is right by the driving range and there are a lot of driving range balls out on the fairway; use a white ball on hole number 1 or you'll have trouble figuring out which one is yours. Fun course and decent value. The cart didn't have GPS but it was fullly charged and had plenty of juice.

Sad place

Course needs a lot of work , greens are punched and in poor shape. There was a lot of ground under repair in the middle of the fairways. Just a lot of money for a course that was in poorer condition then local city courses , we all know that some La city courses are in poor shape too but this place was just disappointing. Played a city course day before and greens / fairways were immaculate compared to here but just a fair warning.

Thousand Oaks, California
Simi Valley, California
Simi Valley, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club - Legends Course, Aviara Golf Club & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and 3 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club, Maderas Golf Club, and Aviara Golf Club.