Tierra Rejada Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Steve Timm (1999)

Fitness

Dinner 20

A little breeze adds to the challenge

It was a beautiful day after a lot of local rain. Which meant cart path only - I should mention the fee included the cart - but didn't slow down the round at all. The course was in great condition and had drained well. There were a few extra damps spots marked GUR. Not a big deal though. It was a little "breezy" which adds to the challenge of this course.
The staff was great; friendly and welcoming.

5 hours to finish our round

i know it's the weekend but 5 hours? pace of play needs to improve

Commented on 02/23/2024

Hi u314161959403, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the slower pace of play during your visit. We will address this issue with our team to ensure a more efficient experience for our customers in the future.

Commented on 02/16/2024

Hi Jsyang0505, thanks so much for rating us. If there are any details you’d like to share about what we are doing well, we’d love to learn more!

Unfriendly and uncommunicative

I've played Tierra Rejada several times. Pretty challenging and fun. This time, however, was awful. I was told when checking in that we would play the back 9 twice because there was an event that occupied the front. I asked why I wasn't notified, and he said it's because you booked through GoldNow. Didn't offer any discount on an $80 green fee. Didn't tell us at all that it was cart path only, had to figure that out while on the course. Overall awful customer service. No need to go there anymore.

Commented on 02/15/2024

Hi Jhowell, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. We did send out emails earlier in the week regarding only the Back 9 being available, as well as Cart Path Only conditions. If you would like to discuss this further, please email our GM, Kris Dennis, at kdennis@arcisgolf.com. Thank you!

I am seeking a refund.. I have been trying to cancel 2 player reservation.

Commented on 02/03/2024

Hi u314161219183, we apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced. Our team is here to assist you with cancelling your reservation and addressing any concerns. Please reach out to our customer support at your earliest convenience so we can help resolve this issue for you. Thank you.

Great Course Absolutely Horrendous Staff Employee

Tierra Rejada is a great course. I’ve never had a problem with this course, I always felt welcomed here, fairway and green conditions have always been outstanding the times I have played there. This was my favorite course and home course, until very recently.

Like I mentioned absolutely great course, however, I don’t know what happened but whoever worked in the shop from about a year ago stopped working there, NOW, there is a staff member there who has treated me like garbage every single time I book with Tierra Rejada. I get there 30 minutes early to warm up the and staff member tells me I don’t have enough time or gives me some type of smart remark the instills I am not smart enough to understand how much time I have. I’ve gotten there 35 minutes before my time multiple times and asked for a small bucket of practice balls to warm up so I could hit 10 practice shots. The employee then has a 10 minute discussion with me basically not wanting me to warm up and slightly refusing to let me pay for a small bucket. It’s not the end of the world but this employee could be a little more professional. It just seems every time I come in there’s an attitude or music stops playing, I don’t know, honestly. I’ve been next in line and the employee was totally different to the other golfer.

My last experience at least with this employee ended with the employee being mad at me because of an en expected rainstorm. I get it, it’s just a little rain and doesn’t rain much in Southern California, but I called to see if it would be possible to cancel or reschedule my tee time to another date. I get put on hold for five minutes and then am greeted by “what do you need”… I politely ask them if it’s possible to reschedule due to some un forecasted rain. I’m then giving a talk about everything I did wrong with scheduling the tee time, questioned why i scheduled it when I did, and just attitude from the jump, I felt like I was bothering this person just living and breathing.

I honestly have no idea what it is that I have done while checking in at Tierra Rejada. I really hate to pull the card but I understand my demographic isn’t involved in the sport of golf, however, I’m just the same as the next golfer ( plus or minus 20 strokes) but I feel like this is the only reason I continue to have issues with this employee, is strictly steaming from my demographic. I was in the process of becoming a member here but not anymore.

Overall it’s a great course, the managers of the course are great, the food side of the course is great, and the conditions of the course have always been top 3 in Ventura County (the times I have played here). The course truly doesn’t deserve 3 stars, it deserves more but it’s pretty ridiculous that I’m given attitude and conversation because I paid to come golf at my home course. And again it is not ALL the employees, it is one specific employee.

Commented on 01/20/2024

Hi JDub35, thank you for your feedback about your experiences at Tierra Rejada. We appreciate your kind words about the course and our management. We apologize for the negative encounters you've had with one specific staff member. We will address this internally to ensure a more professional and welcoming atmosphere for all golfers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to have you contact the GM, Kris Dennis at kdennis@arcisgolf.com so we can collect a few more details. Thank you again.

Nevada Advisor

Very slow. No marshall to maintain pace

Dry dormant brown fairways but decent greens. Challenging elevated layout not for the higher handicapper but all the more reason to have a marshall or staff to keep pace of play somewhat reasonable so everyone can have a good experience. Not a single staff seen the entire round. 2 groups waiting on every tee box. Well over a 5 hour round. The course didn't seem to care once you checked in. Extremely painful process. This was a weekday. Can't imagine a weekend. I know courses seem to think they have the upper hand with the increased demand from Covid but no thanks.

Commented on 01/20/2024

Hi Golfmanianut, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize for the challenges you faced during your round, including the slow pace of play and lack of staff presence. We appreciate your insights and will use them to improve our operations moving forward.

Outstanding

Layout is super fun and very enjoyable with friends.

Commented on 01/25/2024

Hi u314164433033! Thank you for your kind words about our layout. We're thrilled to hear that you find it fun and enjoyable, especially when sharing it with friends. We appreciate your support and hope to continue providing you with great experiences.

Commented on 01/10/2024

Thank you for the great rating, RyanAyanian. Care to share any details?

Commented on 01/06/2024

Hi u00000947337, thanks so much for rating us. We’d love to know what made your experience great!

Great track .. must be creative!

Friendly staff .. best cart girl ever (Phoenix), course in great shape. Looking forward to going back soon.

Commented on 12/16/2023

Hi David! Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the great shape of our course, and the service from Phoenix. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Commented on 12/13/2023

Thank you for the great rating, u509238934. We’d love to know what made your experience great!

It is a tough but challenging course with lots of canyons “and hills.

Commented on 12/09/2023

Hi u509238934, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback on the course. We understand that the canyons and hills can be challenging, but we hope they also add to the excitement and enjoyment of the experience. We're glad you found it tough and challenging.

Commented on 12/09/2023

Thanks so much for rating us. If there are any details you’d like to share about what we are doing well, we’d love to learn more!

One of the most difficult tracks out there. Needs to be rated as such

Honestly, my only issue with the course isn't the fault of facility. My issue is with the USGA and/or whomever rated the place for handicap purposes. From the Championship tee's (roughly 6500 yards) the slope is 130. That's laughable. I've played a whole bunch of courses rated more difficult and this place beats most if not all of them in terms of the challenge. It's target golf to the max. Some holes/shots being borderline unfair, Whether it's extremely narrow landing areas off the tee (when hitting off a mountain cliff) or blind approach shots to small greens with extreme false fronts and/or hidden drops off, it's as demanding of a course there is. And it needs to be rated as such,

With that being said, the greens were generally in great condition and were fast. And the fairways were fine overall (good luck with your wedges hitting off bare bermuda lies if you're unfamiliar).

Overall I would play here maybe once a year. It's especially ideal if you're trying to inflate the handicap for sandbagging purposes. Bur yeah, be prepared to feel like you played well but came away with an insanely high score.

Commented on 12/09/2023

G5F7TexMnYb2HODMtTV8, thanks for the rating. If there are any details you’d like to share about what we are doing well, we’d love to learn more!

Commented on 12/09/2023

Thank you for the great rating, u4311091. We’d love to learn more about what we did to earn it!

Got paired with 2 clowns

Got paired with a couple of guys who would rather get drunk than play golf. Ruined the round.

Commented on 12/09/2023

Hi kickabruin, thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for the negative experience you had during your round. We strive to provide an enjoyable environment for all our guests. We will address this issue with our staff to ensure a better experience in the future.

Commented on 12/09/2023

Really appreciate the rating, u314161954402. Is there anything you’d like to share that we can pass along to the team?

Save your money and play elsewhere

Greens were in excellent condition. Everything else was sub par. Lady in the pro shop was very rude. Took us five and a half hours to play. Had an old man in front of us come back and tell us to “stop hitting into him” when we had no idea we were doing that due to every single hole having a blind spot. Altogether the course was not enjoyable. I would save your money and go play Moorpark cc which had a much better layout and better staff. Most likely will not play here again.

Commented on 09/28/2023

Hi Everhett, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're glad to hear that you found the greens to be in excellent condition. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the pace of play and the behavior of other golfers. We appreciate your suggestions and hope to have the opportunity to improve your experience in the future.

Thousand Oaks, California
Simi Valley, California
Simi Valley, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Westlake Village, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club - Legends Course, Aviara Golf Club & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and 3 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club, Maderas Golf Club, and Aviara Golf Club.