Los Robles Greens Golf Course

Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass

Carts Yes - $12 - $16

Snacks, Restaurant

Love this course but stay away from the big oak Trees

First time playing here and it want be the last :-)

Loved the course but stay away from the oak trees :-)

First time here and my GF and I had a great time playing the course. I have a handicap of 21 and found it a little challenging since I have a tendency to slice the ball. The fairways are fairly narrow. It was however in great condition except that the greens were punched, but still great for what I’m used to ;-) We got tee’d up with 2 other nice younger guys! They were very respectful and inspirational partners, even though they were allot better than me/us. It was a beautiful day and we will definitely be back to play :-)

Overpriced

We paid $89 for our round. The layout here is awesome! Greens are nice but rolled a little slow. Tee boxes were 80% dirt. Fairways were decent, nothing special. Our main quarrel was that the sprinklers turned on while we were putting on the green & we got soaked. Then had to wait 10 min for the next hole sprinklers to turn off. I’ve played a lot of courses for this price & honestly this is on the lower end of the scale. That being said, this is a fun, scorable course. Minus 2 stars for sprinklers mid round, terrible tee boxes, and deceptively slow greens.

A MUST PLAY

No two holes are alike. Very great layout. Some challenging holes that make you think and strategize. Lots of fun layouts and who doesn’t love a course that starts off with a par 5!?

Pace of play way too slow No Marshall pushing people

Challenging

This is a very nice course with a great layout. It is challenging but definitely many birdie opportunities

Los Robles

The fairways were in great shape. The sand traps were fairly hard. The greens were pretty good. The pace of play was good on the front 9 and disappointing on the back 9. It seemed like they may let people tee off on the back 9 later in the day, it was much more crowded

Not worth the money

4 hours and 30 minutes at a 6300 yard course, where most are riding carts. Tried calling the marshal repeatedly on the cart computer and nobody came. Cart died and we had to call the shop and they brought out a cart without the GPS map.
Nobody came to help move the pace along. Some kid got stuck behind by himself, alone, walking.
Most of the tee boxes are thrashed, dried out, dead, lumpy, clumpy and/or uneven.
Luckily only paid for the cheap rate, but it was cheap because of the conditions. The greens had been punched with small stabs to soften them up is why they were offering the cheaper rate, and so the greens were soft and spongy, when I really wanted to putt on the firm fast greens.
Clearly the place needs a lot of work, as there are dead spots all over the course and around the greens as well, so even if you just barely missed the greens you might end up in the dead patch, not those purposefully dirt areas, but dead patches in the rough and the fairway and green edges.
I’m glad I only paid the cheap rate but also annoyed that I wasted a coupon for this disastrous experience.
It’s a disgrace that the place is in such a state, considering that their normal rates are double LA city rates!!! Insane!!! And yet the course is trashed.
Not worth it. Some heads need to roll at the place for letting it get run down like this.

Enjoyable Well-paced Challenge

This is probably the tenth time I've played Los Robles and I've enjoyed it every time. LRG offers challenging greens and elevation changes to make this a tricky but fun course that plays a bit tougher than it's course rating.

The greens at LRG are always well-maintained and I found that particularly true on this round in mid-June 2022, The bunkers were a bit softer sand than I remember, but I have played a number of municipal courses recently that may be skewing my memory. Overall the course is in great shape from tee to green, the practice facilities are well-kept, and so LRG feels more premium than it's weekday price tag of $67. Even $85-90 on the weekend is not too bad when you get a GPS cart included in the rate.

While I love a good walk on a golf course, LRG is a tough hike when carrying or pushing your bag due to the more-than-hills-but-less-than-mountains setting of the course. I walked this time, possibly to the detriment of my score. Even though we went out early (5:50 AM), the summer heat was kicking in by the end of the round and there are significant climbs sprinkled through the course. Moral of the story: Take the cart for a more enjoyable LRG experience, it's included in the green fee.

I highly recommend LRG to everyone who plays golf in the Los Angeles area. It's a real hidden gem and a relatively short drive from the city.

SLOW PLAY!

5 and 1/2 hours behind multiple groups of hackers. Froze up at each tee box while waiting minutes on end. Very unenjoyable! Go elsewhere!!

Quick Round

Got to play the Coarse by myself. Played in under 4 Hours.

Good Course, Slow round -

Played at 8:50 AM on a nice day. Payed more ($84) than I am used to for this course, but there was nothing else available on late notice (and it is hard to get tee times these days). The marshall popped around a couple times, but the course was just backed up and slow. The group in front of us was bad, but they were waiting on the groups in front of them too (also bad) - not that I am great, but I move. The course is good, short on paper, but a lot of short holes are uphill which neutralizes the distance on the card. Course in decent shape, tees were a little hairy, greens were good, fairways good. I will play again, but I don't like 4:52 minute rounds.

Los Robles

Staff was friendly and the course was in good shape considering the water restrictions in Southern Cal. Greens held well and most of the traps were in good shape, The only drawback was the lack of available carts. They are in the process of turning over their carts for new ones and there is a delay in receiving the new ones I guess. Overall, it was a good experience.

Robles

A decent course that was in good shape. The smugness in the air from the employees made you think you were at an upper tier golf course. It isn't, but oh well. It's overpriced unless you get a great hot note deal, but it probably keeps your typical rift-raft Californian.

Course used to be friendlier to seniors.

The course used to be friendlier to seniors. Overall conditions are on a par with other courses in the area; but pricing is another matter. They charge at least 20% more than they should for a course in that condition. I used to play this course every week for over 20 years but now they’ve priced themselves out of the market for me, except on that rare occasion when I might get a good deal on a green fee.

Extremely overpriced for a pitch and putt

This course is way overpriced, $70!!!!! Midweek, very short track, would not recommend

Thousand Oaks, California
Thousand Oaks, California
Agoura Hills, California
Simi Valley, California
Camarillo, California
Moorpark, California
Camarillo, California
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The Resort at Pelican Hill and 2 rounds of golf at Pelican Hill Golf Club - Ocean North & Ocean South Courses.
ORANGE COUNTY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at the Waldorf-Astoria Monarch Beach and 2 rounds of golf at Monarch Beach Golf Links.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at the OMNI La Costa Resort & Spa and 3 rounds of golf at the OMNI La Costa Golf Club (Legends & Champions Courses) & The Grand Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Golf Club & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Aviara Golf Club.
SAN DIEGO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar and 3 rounds of golf at The Grand Golf Club, Maderas Golf Club, and Aviara Golf Club.