2.3

Year Built 2005

2.3

9-Hole Rounds 8

Secret Spot

Fremont's not perfect, but its got a lot of charm (CA is in a drought too). For me, it has everything I'm looking for, reasonable prices, reasonable rules, friendly environment, and a solid course. It seems like there are always walk on times available. Personally, as a beginner, I hate being rushed and that is something which I've yet to encounter here. If you can figure out patience on these greens, other places feel less daughtning. Watch out for the second hole, don't be afraid to drop in or use cheap balls when risking shots, if you're in a rougher patch, move it two feet and send it. I've lost like 5 balls on hole 2 then hit par on 3 and 7 and felt great, some days are like that. Beautiful crisp clouds here right around dusk 11/5. Honestly hope people don't catch on. Hole 2 don't use blue unless you're impeccable with the driver and don't take yourself too seriously, hole 4 would recommend an iron from the tee, and hole 7 the greens are fast. This course can be frustrating, but I feel like this course has opened me up to identify the parts of my game which I need to improve.

Holy Course Management Batman

So the course was designed with the best intentions of being a challenging course, and it was. Not only were there blind tee shots and tight fairways, but they even included lakes on the greens, 4” wide gopher holes in the fairways AND greens, enough of them to crush your ankles, and to top it off, the grass on the fairway was so limited that it actually gave you a target to aim for. I mean, losing 5 balls on the first 3 holes wasn’t enough, my spikes were so muddy I had absolutely no grip after hole # 4. Amazing. The post game beers were a delight however

Quick 9

Play, practice and have fun.

Some spots are tough and rough. Other than that, this is great for everyone to enjoy!

Yikes

This course is worth $10 at best. Got there early and saw that there were openings to go out. Was told that because I had a hot deal with GolfNow I had to wait for my tee time, hour and a half. Restaurant was closed so I went and got something to eat and came back. Went out at my time and the people on the first two holes let me go through and I finished in an hour and 15 minutes, no one ahead of me until the ninth hole, that hole took almost 15 minutes. Not giving them a bad rating for the time but because the course is not in good shape. There is a course in Hayward 15 minutes away that is cheaper and I am not lying 100 times better. This is the first course I have ever given a bad rating. I gave a 5 for pace of play only because 2 groups (both twosomes) let me go through.

Worst Golf Course Ever

The title says it all. Greens(I would rather say browns) have large patches with no green and uneven surface and there is no way you can putt straight. Fairways are bad and I am not sure why people go here. The course is not maintained at all and $20 plus is a waste of money on this course. People should avoid this course and I will never ever play even if it is free. The only positive about this course is they have a decent driving range convenient for Fremont residents.

Bad value

Only reason I play here is live 5-10 min away. Post Covid, they have given up maintaining course. Most fairways are dirt, traps not maintained, big dirt spots in greens. They want $28 with cart mid week. It’s ratty.

Sad

I haven't been here in about two years. For a five year stretch I plaid here about 60 times. Ground squirrels everywhere. All beat up.

Good course

Overall, I like the golf course because it's got a good mix of hard and easy holes. The maintenance is a little lacking compared to a year ago as some of the greens have yellow patches and no water in the ball cleaning equipment

Great 9

Compared to Lake Chabot Executive back 9, this one is way better.
Got through this course in just under 2 hours, given I stayed on some holes longer to practice some shots.
Also The driving here is nice too.

Bad management policy

Went to Fremont Golf course just to practice putting to kill some time while my son was practicing basketball. I walked into the clubhouse and asked if the putting green was open. The young man (teen) said yes, so I proceeded but then he stopped me and said “ you have to buy a bucket of range balls”. I said “I’m just going to putt, I don’t need range balls”, to which he insisted that in order for me to use the putting green that I had to spend $9.00 on a bucket of balls that I didn’t need. I thought it was absurd, told him so, and left with the most foul taste in my mouth. Why would you... never mind. I’ll never set foot in this place again. Stupid management.

Quite bad

It’s terrible....no grass in the fairways...greens r in a very bad condition...It’s like this course is not maintained at all. I know it’s cheap...but I’ve played in other cheap courses that are well maintained ( balckberry farms in Cupertino for example) Don’t think I am going back to this place

Hayward, California
Hayward, California
Milpitas, California
Milpitas, California
Sunnyvale, California
Mountain View, California
Palo Alto, California
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Golf Links.
HALF MOON BAY, CA | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Half Moon Bay Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Half Moon Bay Old Course & Half Moon Bay Ocean Course.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hotel Kabuki and 2 rounds of golf at Harding Park & Presidio Golf Club.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA | Enjoy 4 nights’ accommodations at Fairmont San Francisco and 4 rounds of golf at TPC Harding Park, Presidio Golf Course, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links-Old & Ocean Courses.
NAPA, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Silverado Resort and Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Silverado Resort and Spa North & South Courses.