Inverness Golf Club in Inverness, Inverness-shire, Scotland | GolfPass

Inverness Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1883
Architect James Braid

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes but shoes worn on the course must not be worn in any of the lounges, except golf shoes with soft spikes which may be worn in the rear bar.
Dress code No football/rugby shirts and shorts. No sleeveless shirts. No collarless shirts

Catering

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Impressed

Inverness was a well laid out and fair course. Some unique holes and requiring all shapes of shot.

INVERNESS

Greens in superb condition and uniform throughout,faster than I'm usad to.Some scenic holes in the back 9.Well worth the visit.

Tricky course

The course was quite tight in places, and a challenging test of golf. The pace of play was a bit on the slow side, but the group behind were intent on hitting balls in to us, and they obviously couldn’t read the signs that gave directions as to when to tee off. But this was not the fault of the golf club, but no ranger on the course to assist players , the guy in the shop was very helpful and friendly, we bought several items before we played and they were all of good quality

Scottish golf tour

We are staying in Inverness for 2 weeks, so we thought it would be rude not to play the local course. The first couple of holes are a bit up and down, and we were both a bit underwhelmed. Holes 4 to 17 are good, and then back to the clubhouse. If there were not so many courses to play we happily go back. Great value for money.

Inviting Inverness

Played the first 7 holes on my own then was invited to join to members for the next 3. They were friendly and helpful regarding the course layout. I then played 10 - 15 on my own with some beautiful views, and time to take them in with nobody behind me. 16 to home I was invited in with two other members who were friendly and who shared how well the course is looked after. All in it was a fab day, especially when I shot a nett 66. For this time of year the course was in excellent condition.

Course under maintenance

After booking the round online and paying normal price we were not informed at time of booking or when we checked in at pro shop that the course was under maintenance with the greens either already been top dressed or in the process of being done, so a number of the greens were temporary/winter greens.

I think you should consider asking players what their handicap is before pairing them with other players. My wife and I were paired with a couple, one of which did not have an idea about hitting the ball. This resulted in us having to wait whilst that player teed up on the fairway, took ages over attempting to hit the ball, hence we had to play at a rushed speed so as to not hold up players behind us. Always enjoyed playing your course over the years but certainly not this time. Also on course facilities for the ladies is nonexistent. Surely the toilet block on the course could be opened, with hand sanitizer etc suitably provided. Played a course the following day and the toilet facilities on the course were excellent.

Graet course

Would recommend to anyone as the course was in fantastic condition. Busy but we managed to get round with no hold ups. Flat apart from a few holes, so ideal for everyone.

Fantastic course with a variety of holes

This course has a great variety of holes that tests all aspects of your game. First 5 holes give you the impression it's going to be a boring up and down course but then when you hit the 6th hole things get super interesting.

Course conditions are usually great, only downside is fairly slow play as the course is always fully booked.

Excellent course

It was a very very slow start we were the 3rd group waiting on the 2nd tee. However, things picked up and we finally got around in 3.30hours. A lovely course and we will definitely be back.

Nice course, great condition

We got a time at 12.23. There was nobody in front of us, and nobody behind us. We got round in exactly 3 hours. This is the best time ever in holiday golf for us. The course is lovely, and quite testing. Thanks to the greens staff for their respect, and to the guys in the pro shop for their advice. Would definitely come back.

Lovely course

Lovely day spent on this course. Friendly staff and regular players. A couple of folk that didn’t know the word ‘fore’ but all in all a good day. Highly recommended.

Inverness golf club

Nicely kept greens.Tees abit overly used.Big wide fairways with very forgiving rough. Will look into joining as only 5 minutes from house.

George Jackson Glasgow

This is a very good golf course for all handicaps great layout and in superb condition, staff very helpful.
Will be back again .

Inverness golf club

On arrival we were made very welcome by the young professional in the shop and later by the main professional Mel Douglas, course was in great condition.. after our golf we were served excellent food and drinks by very friendly bar and waiting staff. Definately would recommend this golf club to my friends.

Lackey & Bontrain

Super course, great little parkland nestled in the heart of Inverness. Both myself and my playing partner didn't play very well and it started to rain torrentially on the 15th, didn't matter the course is just a wee gem and puts a smile on your face.

Inverness, Inverness-shire
Inverness, Scotland
Inverness, Inverness-shire
Muir Of Ord, Ross-shire
Nairn, Morayshire
Beauly, Inverness-shire
Strathpeffer, Ross-shire
INVERNESS, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Kingsmill Hotel at Inverness and Chester Hotel in Aberdeen and 5 rounds of golf at Castle Stuart, Royal Dornach, Cruden Bay, Royal Aberdeen, and Trump International.
FIFE, SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel at St. Andrews and Ducks Inn in Gullane and 5 rounds of golf at Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, Kingsbarns, Kilspindie, and North Berwick.
ST. ANDREWS | Enjoy 6 nights' accommodations at Ardgowan Hotel and 6 rounds of golf at Jubilee Course, Dumbarnie Links, Carnoustie, New Course, Old Course (Via Ballot), and Kingsbarns.
SOUTHWEST SCOTLAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Marine Hotel at Royal Troon and 5 rounds of golf at Western Gailes, Dundonald, Prestwick, Royal Troon, and Ailsa Course (Turnberrry).
NORTHWEST IRELAND | Enjoy 5 nights' accommodations at Rosapenna Resort, Diamond Coast, Grand Hotel Malahide and 5 rounds of golf at Enniscrone, Carne, Donegal (Murvagh), Rosapenna (OTM), Rosapenna (Sandy Hills).