A sunny day view from Willow Creek Golf and Country Club

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club in Mount Sinai sits on Suffolk's scenic north shore. Opened in 2005, it is one of Long Island's newest golf courses but it has already established a reputation for being one of the area's most visually impressive. What makes the course stand out is the abundance of both sand and water. The number of bunkers on the golf course comes close to the triple digits and water appears on 12 holes. The lightning fast, wildly undulating greens are a challenging complement to the hazards. The layout presents a formidable test for even the best players. One of Hamlet Willow Creek's most difficult holes is the monstrous ninth, which features water on both sides of the seemingly endless fairway. With so much water, golfers almost forget about the three large bunkers that are also treacherously lurking on this hole.

Willow Creek Golf & Country Club

Year Built 2005
Architect Stephen Kay (2005) Doug Smith (2005)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Single Allowed No
Dress code Denim is not allowed and collared shirts are required.

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Commented on 08/04/2021

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Thanks for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Disappointed

Have been coming for this course for years and had always been one of my favorites but I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon. Arrived 35 mins before my tee time and was told there are no carts as they're currently charging, and that I had to walk to the range which is prob a 7 min walk away. Finally get a cart and it's gas powered so unsure why they told me the carts were charging? Arrive at the 1st tee at 145 for a 150 tee time and there's no starter,and a group of 4 waiting to tee off. They end up teeing off at 151.amd we didn't get off til.after 2. Ended up waiting every hole, skipped a few etc. But the worst part was the greens. They were in terrible shape,ball marks everywhere,spike marks everywhere etc. I was in awe,this course is usually immaculate. They also don't give you sand to fix divots. After the round I went into the pro shop to tell the staff about my disappointment and he responded "yea I know it really sucks ". Finally the straw that broke the camel's back for me today was went into the bar at 555 (again skipped a few holes) and there was a sign that said happy hour 4-6. Well the bartender told me there is no happy hour. Needless.to say I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We strive to provide a great experience for all our guests, so we would love the chance to speak with you on your experience with us. Please contact our Golf Shop Manager, Mitch Fiorentino, at Mitchell.Fiorentino@clubcorp.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we hope to speak with you soon.

Golf Course Management

Terrible pace of play. The first 3 groups were twosomes, followed by a threesome and two foursomes. We began being delayed on the 2nd tee. When we got to the 3rd green, the 2 twosomes ahead of us were waiting on the 4th. One was on the tee, and the second twosome had just left the tee. The first twosome out was on the 5th tee box, holding up every group on the course, all the way back to the foursomes, a total of 5 groups.

A this point we called the pro shop and asked for help from a ranger. The foursome behind our threesome was screaming about the holdup. We observed some one coming out to the first twosome, and we guessed that he was instructing them to pick up the pace. He came back past us and we tried to get his attention, but he just passed us and said nothing to assure anyone that he had handled the situation. He just left, and never returned to check the situation again. Twosome holding up threesomes and foursomes? And no communication to players? Not good. I guess that course management doesn’t have a “Pace of Play” management process.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that the pace of play was slow during your round. We strive to provide a great experience for all our guests, so we would love the chance to speak with you on your experience with us. Please contact our Golf Shop Manager, Mitch Fiorentino, at Mitchell.Fiorentino@clubcorp.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we hope to speak with you soon.

Commented on 08/03/2021

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Commented on 07/26/2021

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/24/2021

Commented on 07/20/2021

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Willow Creek

This is one of long islands best courses
as it seems that golf prices have risen dramatically in 2021 perhaps due to Covid this course is well worth the money each hole has character and the greens are challenging I play here 4-5 times a year and always enjoy it

Commented on 07/20/2021

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/16/2021

Commented on 07/14/2021

Commented on 07/19/2021

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Commented on 07/09/2021

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/08/2021

Commented on 07/16/2021

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Willow Creek Golf & Country Club.

Beautiful, picturesque course. Sand has too many big rocks and are rarely raked. Greens are large and roll perfectly. Fairways are pristine. Felt like a private club.

Commented on 07/06/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club! We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/29/2021

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Willow Creek Golf & Country Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Coram, New York