Patriot Hills Golf Club in Stony Point, New York, USA | GolfPass

Type Municipal

Tucked away in the Ramapo Mountains on a perch overlooking the Hudson, Patriot Hills Golf Club in Stony Point feels far but it’s conveniently only an hour’s drive from the city. The golf course tumbles across dramatically rolling hills, providing views that span the Hudson Valley. Don’t let the 6,485 yards on the scorecard fool you, the daunting elevation changes make the course feel much longer. Walkers should be forewarned that this mountainous golf course is nearly impossible on foot. You can expect a few approaches to uphill greens but more often you’ll be faced with intimidating shots from elevated tees, which loom more than 200 feet above the severely contoured fairways below. The Patriot Hills layout is a formidable test but players of any skill level can appreciate the meticulous care that went into crafting each hole.

Patriot Hills Golf Club

Year Built 2003
Golf Season Seasonal
Architect Rick Jacobson (2003)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Walking Allowed No
Dress code No denim, cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops, spandex, sweat suits. A collared shirt is required. (Mock necks are acceptable).

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Locker Rooms

Place is excellent

Best round ever !!!! Has up and down holes but this place is done right and is one top notch golf course , they do a great job here and it shows !!!!!!!

Wow

Patriot Hills to me is one of the best courses you can play that’s public, up and down is not for everyone but from T to
G it’s really a beautiful place and always take good care of it , thanks

Commented on 08/05/2022

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, lichixin. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Patriot Hills Golf Club!

Cart path only this week - total nonsense. Not because of rain, but fairways were "too dry". Ridiculous. They were in perfect condition. 90 degrees would've have made more sense. This should have been communicated at time of booking as it was clearly not a spur of the moment decision. Lunch included with tee time Tuesday special was nice.

A Course You Should Play

If you don't like 'up and down' courses, this may not be for you. But if you like a good and fair test of your game, with a lot up high up tee shots and hitting into high up greens, this course is perfect. Well kept and very challenging. A really great course.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Hi, u314160872418. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club.

Round of golf

Just hard to get over the price at 95. When it was 50 to play before Covid. I know inflation everyone is raising there prices but that’s a big increase. it does give me motivation to play other courses and I have found a few. Thanks for the round though.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Mountainous to da Max

Great layout! I've played this course about 6 times and I never tire of the sick views. You need to be able to manage your game well in order to score at Patriot Hills. The 1st hole is a downhill, then uphill par 4. If you can carve a long fade, you're golden here! The second shot calls for a 9 or 8 iron depending on how long you drove it. I drove it about 280 to the right side of the fairway and only needed a pitching wedge for the uphill 135 shot which I miss hit into the 1st greenside bunker. I then hit a mediocre sand shot to within 14ft and sank it for the par. 2nd hole is a short uphill par four. I hit a low screamer down the middle and, with 97 to the pin, I hit my 58 degree wedge about 107 and it backed up to within 2ft. Sank it for the bird. The greens were perfect and running at about 10. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised at the condition of the course. It's a public track so people weren't raking great and probably could have filled their divots a bit more but the divots on the greens were minimal (maybe they weren't hitting the greens?). I snowmanned the 3rd hole and had a total of 2 snowmen and one 7 and shot a 46-39 for an 85. My average score is around 82 so not as bad as I thought with so many blow-up holes. I was giving 6 shots to my buddy and we came up even on the money. We both said that we were coming back.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Your feedback is important to us, chris1742885. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Brianog! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club!

Incredible Experience

Can’t say enough positive things about this place so I won’t even try. It’s one of those courses you need to experience to understand the magnitude of elevation changes and unique design elements. Pristine conditions and a truly incredible experience all around. Highly recommend checking it out.

Commented on 07/20/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, u314161405694. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Patriot Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Fantastic Course!

Had a great time at this course. First time playing. Greens roll true and course conditions are pure fairway to tee box this time of year. This place is absolutely in the discussion for purest public track in the area.

Course demands accurate shots at all times or you can get in some trouble! Fortunately only a problem a few times for me that day.

The carts are very nice as well (electric, ball and club cleaners, GPS).

Overall, very impressed with the facility (especially for a Muni!!) will be back for sure.

Wonderful staff and ambiance

Loved the course. Hilly and different. Terrific time

Commented on 06/30/2022

chewbaca, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Hi, u314160589414. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Patriot Hills Golf Club!

My favorite course

As always best course in area. Scenic view, dramatic layout, little bit pricey but worth it.

Commented on 06/28/2022

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314162315667! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Patriot Hills Golf Club.

No complaints

I don’t have 1 complaint. Course is immaculate and you can’t ask for much more. I’ll be back

Commented on 06/28/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us, sm1995. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Patriot Hills Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 06/21/2022

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, kangmulsori90! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 06/16/2022

Hi, kyalbert. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Patriot Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 06/16/2022

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Jerry4849853. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Patriot Hills Golf Club!

Commented on 06/17/2022

Hi, u921912822. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Patriot Hills Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

New City, New York
Monroe, New York
Cortlandt Manor, New York
Monroe, New York
West Nyack, New York
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Seaview, A Dolce Hotel and 2 rounds of golf at Seaview Golf Club - Bay & Pines Courses.