Coweta Club at Arbor Springs

Year Built 1999
Architect Kevin Aldridge (1999) Billy Fuller

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2016 #15)

Dinner 7

Good weather

Pleasant suprize

The course has a very nice layout with unique and challenging holes. Carts were new and in great working order. Greens had been top dressed but receive shots and putted very well. The only draw back was that the bunkers were very inconsistent with regard to the sand type and depth. The pace of play was very good. Some areas of the course are being worked on, but it did not interfere with play. It was a good value for the price.

Latest round

I’ve played this course a few times and overall it’s a good course. It’s got some quirks which make it difficult yet not ridiculously hard to play a good round.
My latest round was a mess.
No range balls available because they’d been “wiped out by a couple foursomes” (Um, get someone to retrieve them?) I played behind a foursome the entire time that had no clue about course etiquette, white claw cans (empty and full) everywhere on the tee boxes, multiple drive shots hit by the group..
I mention to them passing by and was blown off. I mentioned something at the turn to the gentleman at the counter and was basically brushed off.
Trash cans on the course were overflowing and honestly smelled awful. The tee boxes were mostly dirt with half grown in grass. It’s a nice course in general but for a “club” it’s not very enticing.

Moderate To Advance Players

I enjoy playing golf and being outdoors, but my game is not completive right now. So while I enjoyed my first play at this course, it was a little too challenging for my present game. Long drives out of a lot of the tee boxes needed to reach playable fairways. My drives aren't that long. I fed the Golf Gods more than my share of golf balls. Friendly staff, course in good shape. Just hard for my present skill set.

Most improved course.

I would rate Coweta club as most improved golf course over the last 12 months. Fairways and greens were terrific tee boxes which is least important to me need a little help. Rough could use a little more attention as it was very deep and difficult to play out of on some holes. Overall great value And great course.

A hilly course

A lot of blind shots concerning the players in front of me had to drive up to see where they were but other than that great course and in good shape.

Great place. Great value.

Very well-kept green. The course is long, hilly, and challenging, but the fairways are wide and each hole layout is spacious. My wife and I will be back soon.

Nicer Than Expected

Greens were in great shape. Much more hills than expected and fairways were mixed with very nice grass and some thinner than others but not hard pan level. Carts need coolers if personal coolers are not allowed.

Bent greens rolling great now

They have come a long way from late last year.
Not busy and course plays tough.

Still need work on the tee boxes and driving range but the price is right

Better options elsewhere

Got to the course 30 minutes before my tee time and paid, was then told that because I booked on Golf Now they wouldn’t give me a cart key until 10 minutes before my tee time. They said it was so I couldn’t tee off early and if anyone else booked that tee time they wanted to make sure they could make us share the cart.

If you miss the fairway there’s a good chance you’ll be hitting off hard pan, lots of washed out areas. You can tell it’s a country club that didn’t make it so now it’s an underfunded public course (bar/restaurant closed, overgrown areas, no amenities).

Pace of play was good until it came to a standstill on the back and we had to skip 2 holes to get in front of a slow group that wouldn’t let us play through (no rangers out there).

Awesome round!

Although we were running late they were very cordial and friendly. The course was beautiful and challenging. Wonderful homes and a well designed course.

Ridiculous Rules For Golf Now Members

I’ve played this course many times because it’s never busy. It’s my least favorite course already because of the layout and conditions. You can hit a ball down the fairway and not find it. However, today my buddy was told when he checked in that he couldn’t have a golf cart until 15 mins prior to our tee time because we booked on golf now and couldn’t go out early. I arrived a few minutes later and again was refused a golf cart in the golf shop. I asked why and she said because we couldn’t go out early. I asked what if I just want to drive 200 yards back to my car and get my clubs to practice on the practice green or chip balls on the range. She again said no you can’t have a cart to go out early. For some reason she wasn’t comprehending that 95% of golfers show up 30-45 minutes early if not more to hit balls, warm up, and get some practice on the green. I then asked her if she was going to go get my clubs and carry them up to the practice area for me because I wasn’t doing it. She obviously said no but it was more of a rhetorical question. She said this was a course policy that only applied to Golf Now members. Even though I’ve played here many times and almost always use Golf Now to book my tee times. I probably won’t be playing here EVER again and if I did, unfortunately, I will not book through Golf Now. I will be contacting the manager as well to see if this is their policy. Nowhere else in the world have I ever been told I couldn’t prepare for my round 30-45 minutes early by getting a golf cart, loading my clubs, and heading to the practice area. Ridiculous!

Need Help!!

First thing first we paid $50 each for the round which is not bad for a Sunday. The indication that the course conditions were bad is when pulled in the parking lot of the clubhouse. Shrubs/flowers were not manicured and weeds in the flower beds. The place looked like it was closed down. I’m no golf snub but when the range balls don’t match it only so much I can take. The greens were okay but slow. The entire course was hard pan. You were lucky to be in the rough. The layout was tough and challenging. Slopes to one side or the other. Straight down the center your ball goes either left or right. Definitely needs to let the grass grow. $30 maybe not $50. Wouldn’t mind playing again if the conditions are better.

Sharpsburg, Georgia
Tyrone, Georgia
Fairburn, Georgia
Peachtree City, Georgia
BRASELTON, GA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Château Élan Winery & Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Château Élan Golf Club Château, Woodlands, and Par 3 Courses.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Saddlebrook Resort and 3 rounds of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses including full breakfast buffet daily and unlimited use of practice facilities.
TAMPA BAY, FL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Saddlebrook Resort and 1 round of golf at Palmer or Saddlebrook courses with unlimited use of practice facilities.
BIRMINGHAM, AL | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at your choice of select Marriott properties in the Birmingham area and 2 rounds of golf at Highland Park Golf Course.
TUSCALOOSA, AL | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at The Jack Warner at NorthRiver, 1 round (18 holes) of golf at NorthRiver Yacht Club (Troon Privé), and a $20 dining voucher.