Coyote Springs Golf Club (previously known as Coyote Springs - The Chase Course) is located less than one hour from the Las Vegas Strip and just 45 minutes from Mesquite, Nevada. This Jack Nicklaus Signature Course is highly regarded as a must-play by Vegas golf aficionados. The course's stunning setting is sometimes referred to as "nature's cradle" since it's situated in a verdant valley completely surrounded by majestic mountains and peaks. While the scenery may be beautiful, don't let it distract you from the golf course's many challenges. Water and bunkers await you at almost every turn. One of the most memorable holes is the par-5 second, whose bunkers at the second landing area will force you to think carefully about how to approach the Augusta-like green. In addition to the golf course, Coyote Springs offers one of the largest practice facilities in the country. This 19-acre facility includes 13 target greens and a short game area for pitching, chipping, and bunker practice.

Coyote Springs Golf Club

Year Built 2008
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2008) Chet Williams (2008)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express

Lodging

Lodging Available

Tennis

Can't wait for spring.

Great course, great staff. It's winter and the grass isn't growing. There's lies that are just too tight on this tough a course. In a few months this course will be as good as any around. As long As your hear, you should play it twice. Replay rounds are available.

Commented on 03/02/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review and taking the time to share your great feedback with us. Join us for another round soon, and thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

Challenging

This course is a nice course but not sure it is worth the 1 hour drive. Great weather here but beware if you golf when hot or windy. Middle of no where so winds could be bad and no trees for shade. The fairways are wide and forgiving. The greens were fast and very sloping. I never figured out the greens. The sand was excellent and fluffy not rocky. For Dec course was in good shape. To be honest this course is just too tough for my handicap. Too long and greens too tough for me. But for a low handicapper it is worth a try,

Commented on 12/12/2019

Hi tominiowa, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. However, we do aim for a 5-star experience so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. Your comments have been shared with our staff, and we value your input. Thank you for playing Coyote Springs Golf Club.

Excellent Shape

Oversees is almost fully in, course was in very nice shape, greens were rolling nice.

Commented on 12/05/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating, woody8586! We're so glad you enjoyed your round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

California Advisor

Great day at Coyote Springs

Although it's a bit of a distance from Vegas, always enjoy playing here Course is always in good shape and a fun play, scenery is pleasing, never any crowds or traffic, and an excellent value for the money. Make the trip to Coyote Springs. It'll be worth it.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Your feedback is truly important to us, hacksalot03. Thank you for sharing your great golf experience, and we look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club.

challanging course

I enjoyed the course layout. Typical Nicklaus course which favors a fade on most holes

Commented on 11/22/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Coyote Springs Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star review and feedback on our layout! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great day at Coyote Springs

Absolutely love this course. It was in breatshape, as it has been every time I've played it. I was able to get out earlier than my tee time and flew around the course. The green were really quick today, very challenging. I always appreciate the friendliness of the staff.

Commented on 11/14/2019

bpaynewi, thank you for your kind words and support! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club.

Worth a drive to the middle of nowhere

Parking was scarce and not many trees to provide shade. There wasn't any electric vehicle charging station.
Due to the late tee time, I was warned that I probably wouldn't get a full 18 in before sunset - fair enough.

The driving range had unlimited balls in decent condition and plenty of targets to shoot for. Cart parking was a bit awkward. I recommend spending extra time on the practice green. It is very representative of what you will encounter. on the course. The starter let me know when to check in and where. The cart was basic (gas powered / no gps) but had 6 bottles of water and plenty of opportunities to refill around he course. The beverage cart made one appearance on the front 9 only.

The corse condition was great and looked amazing - except the greens. The greens were a bit soft and looked worn from all the days traffic. I think the green conditions cost me about 4 strokes. The rest of the course was no-frills and very challenging.

I ended up skipping holes 13-15 in order to play the final 3 holes before sunset. The marshal helped squeeze me between two groups.

One word of caution for anyone that wants to walk - be advised there is alot of elevation changes and probably 2 miles of extra ground to cover between holes. You will get an amazing workout carrying a full bag.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Hi vulgrBrian, thank you so much for the 4-star review and valuable feedback. We aim for a 5-star experience so your comments have been shared with our staff for any potential improvements, but we're glad to hear you still enjoyed your recent round with us. Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club and come back soon!

Incentivized Review

Always a great day at Coyote Springs!

This was a great day on a terrific course. Classic Nicklaus in great shape.

I love this course and try to play anytime I'm in Nevada. You won't be disappointed it is a wonderful layout and great pace of play.

Thanks for keeping this open, I would have rated this all 5s but there is nothing within 30 miles of the location. I hope they begin to build in the near future.

Commented on 11/19/2019

TONY6552724, thank you for your kind words and great feedback on the course! We truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course and hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club.

Nevada Advisor

Love this Amazing Golf Facility!

Big, brawny, beautiful... and brutal. As tough a challenge as you can find anywhere. That's Coyote Springs. Every shot demands your full attention. The fairways are a mile wide, but full of undulations, there's water on many of the holes, deep bunkers (but nice sand!), lots of waste areas topped with pea gravel to catch wayward shots... but almost perfect conditions throughout the entire course every day of the year. The greens aren't too fast- but hit your approach to the wrong area and a 3-putt may be almost inevitable.
Yet the allure is unmistakable. This is top-notch desert golf as pure, gorgeous and demanding as it gets. I play to a 10 handicap and from the front (white) tees I seldom play to my handicap here, but I still look forward to making the trip whenever I can because it's so spectacular, pristine and just well worth the 50 minute drive out of Las Vegas. There is even a first class, comprehensive practice area and range that is practically a draw all to itself. Plan a full day and take advantage of all Coyote Springs has to offer.
If you go, my advice is to to leave your ego at home and just enjoy this remarkable layout. When you're done I'm sure you'll say that even if you didn't tame this monster, you sure had a heck of a ride on it!
The entire staff has always been congenial and superb and Karl Larcom is as fine a Director of Golf as you'll ever find anywhere. My thanks to all- I can't wait to go back again!

Commented on 11/14/2019

daslinker, thank you for your kind words, great feedback, and support! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Your review will be shared with our staff, and we thank you for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

Could be better

Someday this course will be ready for what it’s now charging. Patheticly slow play on a cold day. Cigarette butts were common on green sides. Too mant sand bunkers. Nice staff though.

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hi Teric, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we're sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. Your feedback is very important to us as our staff is committed to providing our guests with a valuable golf experience. If you would like to discuss any concerns further, please feel free to contact our staff in the golf shop, and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

High expectations that led to a little disappointment

Compared to some other courses I’ve seen in the Vegas area, make the hour trip out there, I was disappointed that the course just didn’t knock my socks off. There were one or two holes (I believe 9/18) that were great, but otherwise I can’t really remember many of the holes

Not a bad course, by any measure, but was built up to be a disappointment.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi drahcir1302, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. However, we do aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome this kind of feedback for potential improvements. We're sorry to hear your recent experience did not meet expectations, but we hope we get the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round in the future.

California Advisor

Fun Day

The track is a little ways out of Vegas but think it's worth the drive and do like to setting, nice and quiet, with nothing but course, desert, and surrounding mountains. The course was in very good condition from tee to green. There are some mild elevation changes around the course and water comes into play on a few holes. Greens can be difficult to read at times, but roll true. Guess that's one of the traits of a Nicklaus Signature Course. Staff was friendly and helpful. Always enjoy playing here and will continue to go back.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Hi hacksalot03, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us 4-stars. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us, and we thank you for playing Coyote Springs Golf Club! Come back soon.

Excellent course layout and condition

Great course inc.layout condition n staff
Can hardly wait till they get the next 18 done.

Sharuhlzzz

Course was well maintained and a good test for 6 and under handy cappers from the blacks. I played with 3 high handy cappers who played from the whites and made many a bogey Jack did wonderful job with this facility. If I lived locally I would play here 4 times a month.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Coyote Springs Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 4-star rating and great feedback on the course! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi Cklemczak79, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Coyote Springs Golf Club.

An Absolute Favourite

The course, at the time we played, was in its usual excellent condition, and the staff, as always, friendly and helpful.
If you’ve never played Coyote Springs you’re in for a treat. It will test every part of your game and after you’ve played it once you’ll know every hole, they are all memorable (of course there will be a couple you’ll dread playing).
Always fun and worth the drive.
While the off course amenities are lacking, the prices in the pro shop are very reasonable. Expect to purchase a shirt or hat as a memento if your visit. You will be back!!

Commented on 08/16/2019

u000002992497, thank you for your kind words and great feedback on the course! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club.

Good course Pictures are better

The course was. Good...not great
Pro shop personal was awesome but the marshal was a real tool . Guy has anger problems
Not worth the drive to be treated like we were
Pace was so slow that we had 4 groups on par 4s
Speed it up boys and more will come play

Challenging, but worth it!

This course is amazing!! Learned to play and love golf at Coyote Springs. The course is always in top shape! Beautiful layout and stunning scenery. The hour and a half drive is worth it every time for me!

Commented on 08/19/2019

KDLJEussIWcYC3YaRyH1, thank you for your kind words and great feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Coyote Springs Golf Club!

LAS VEGAS, NV | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Caesar's Palace Resort & Casino and 2 rounds of golf at Cascata Golf Club & Rio Secco Golf Club.
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Enchantment Resort and 2 rounds of golf at Sedona Golf Resort & Seven Canyons (Troon Privé).
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Westin Mission Hills and 3 rounds of golf at Westin Mission Hills - Pete Dye Course, MIssion Hills North - Gary Player Signature Course, and Indian Wells Resort.
SEDONA | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Hilton Sedona Resort at Bell Rock and 2 rounds of golf at Oakcreek Country Club & Sedona Golf Resort.
PALM SPRINGS, CA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at Indian Wells Golf Resort - Celebrity & Players courses.