2.2
2.2

Legendary Oaks Golf Course

Year Built 1969
Architect Leon Howard (1969) Jay Riviere (2000)

Swimming

Basketball

Commented on 10/12/2021

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 1-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind.

Completion coming close.

Everything mowed after last week’s rain event, looking good. Redoing greens almost ready. Played great golf today.

Commented on 10/08/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Legendary Oaks Golf Course.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hello, u895356787. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit.

Country outing

This used to be a good place to go but they have let it deteriorate. The greens are worse then any course I have played. It is sad because this could be a nice course,

Commented on 09/13/2021

Good Afternoon Tim! Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback.

Commented on 09/10/2021

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course.

Cow pasture

I wouldn’t play this place for free, the worst greens I’ve ever seen. I left after 9 wholes, I totally wasted my time and money!

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Getting better

The greens were mowed a little bit more to where the contour is creating some break. Just waiting on the other 4 greens to become playable.

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes.

Your feedback helps us do better. We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly.

Thank you for visiting Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Shaping Up.

Course was being completely mowed yesterday (9-2). Most all the greens are completely covered & have been mowed (still several stages from being as fast as the were), nevertheless, very acceptable. The buffle grasses were being pulled on 16 in preparation for next stage toward completion; although, it seems that if good squares of grass were transplanted all over (like what was done on 4), it would greatly speed up readiness.

Taking care of Business

The course is coming along nicely. Each week there are improvements.

Commented on 08/30/2021

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience and feedback to our team at Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Group of five hackers in front of us for the entire back nine !!! No marshal and they would not let our twosome play through. Front nine one hour seven minutes. Back nine two hours and forty three minutes. I know we should have gone ahead a couple of holes but establishing a new handicap. What a brutal 98 degree day to be dealing with this.

Commented on 08/25/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Absolutely the worst condition I’ve ever seen a golf course in. Not even worth the low cost.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Work in Progress

The mowers were all out doing some good catch up after raining through Wednesday. The te boxes were in a little better shape. I did notice the actual green on 16, & it appears to be progressing very slowly. I didn’t take note on 5, 8, or 14. Need faster workmanship on those 4 greens.

Commented on 08/23/2021

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad you had enjoyed your time at Legendary Oaks Golf Course, and pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Dry conditions

Make-shift greens are good, allowing greens to take hold. Some of the Tee boxes are terribly dry & starting to deteriorate, needing to be left alone, same as greens. Otherwise, everything else was good.. I had a good round.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Legendary Oaks Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Overall good Experience

Course was in pretty decent condition. A few holes had fairway greens due to freeze that happened in Feb. I wish they holes would have been marked as such. Played them as normal only to realize the greens were much closer, but other than that it was nice.

Commented on 08/17/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course.

Really gone down hill

I have been playing this course once a week for years now. I am really disappointed in the condition of the course. I understand the greens were damaged during the freeze and they are working to rebuild some of them. My disappointment comes from the condition of the rest of the course, grass not mowed, sand traps are bad and never raked, dead trees and limbs laying around the course. I think there is only 1 care taker for the entire course. Not to mention the bridge on the 18th hole is half rotted. No weed eating has been done around trees. I think they spent all their money building a useless covered driving range that I have never seen anyone use. I would save your money and play somewhere you can enjoy the game. Even at $30 I feel this course is now over priced for the condition. Fridays use to be crowded, today there were 10 vehicles in the parking lot. I will not be back until course conditions improve drastically!

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions.

We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Legendary Oaks Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

More than six of the greens were in front of the true greens. A couple of the make shift greens were on about 20’ across.

Fairways were terrible. Greens were spotted and patchy.. Traps were muddy or they didn’t have sand in them.this used to be a nice course.

Commented on 07/22/2021

Hi,

Enjoy For What It Is

I played Monday as a single around 2 PM. Golf course staff was nice. Enjoy this course for what it is, a great value. It is not in great shape right now and may not be anytime soon, but it was $20+tax. Course layout is nice and very challenging. Play it like Winter rules in the fairway to find a good spot to hit off of. Improve your lie on the green where you can to get a decent roll. Most bunkers are not in good shape so I place the ball behind the bunker to add a little challenge. If you’re not willing to adjust to the current conditions then this course may not be for you.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Hi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back at Legendary Oaks Golf Course!

Not in Great shape

I have played this course numerous times and it is one of those courses that you get what you pay for, but this most recent time, I felt like it was just in really bad shape. 16 of the 18 greens were in rough shape or worse. I understand that the winter freeze really hurt, and that they are completely redoing 4-5 greens right now, but almost all of them were bad, with a very long cut on the areas of the green that were in good shape. The fairways were ok, though not consistently cut and the overall feeling was of the course just feeling run down. I actually really like the layout of this course and it has some challenges with water and sand as well as some small hills and holes going up and downhill. I hate writing a bad review, but this course has seen better days for sure.

Commented on 07/21/2021

Waller, Texas
Waller, Texas
Bellville, Texas
Brenham, Texas
Navasota, Texas
Montgomery, Texas
Montgomery, Texas
AUSTIN, TX | Enjoy a minimum of 1 nights' accommodation at Horseshoe Bay Resort and 1 round of golf on your choice of either the Apple Rock, Ram Rock, or Slick Rock Courses.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Come play where the pros play! Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at TPC San Antonio (The Canyons & The Oaks Courses), site of the PGA Tour’s Valero Texas Open.
SAN ANTONIO, TX | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at La Cantera Resort & Spa and 2 rounds of golf at La Cantera Resort - Palmer Course and La Cantera Resort - Resort Course.
EL DORADO, AR | Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at The Haywood El Dorado, Tapestry Collection by Hilton and 2 rounds of golf at Mystic Creek Golf Club.