2.3

Style Links

Pine Creek Golf Course is part of the La Plata Communities in Colorado Springs. The course winds through the Pine Creek Valley, providing a lush and varied landscape. The course sprawls across high plains grasslands with abundant trees and lakes coming into play throughout. The seemingly gentle terrain has tricky undulations that total over 375 feet of elevation changes. The front is a canyon-style nine while the back is more of an American links design. There are creek beds coming into play on nearly every hole as well as strategically placed bunkers. In addition to the challenging round, the golf course offers stunning views of Pikes Peak, the Front Range, and the entire Colorado Springs skyline. At Pine Creek there is also a unique elevated, target-oriented grass driving range, a practice green, and a short game area.

Pine Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1988
Fairways Bluegrass
Architect Dick Phelps (1988)

Thick Rough 34

Terrible staff, good course

I’m a 5 handicap and a general manager of a restaurant downtown. I was so excited to play this course. Get there and they seem to think they are pebble beach. Very stuck up and complete lack of good customer service in the pro shop and food and beverage area. The “pro” was rude to the guys in front of me checking in and to us as well. The course obviously needs a renovation inside the pro shop and restaurant. I play twice a week and this course is 10 minutes from my house and I won’t be back if it stays the same.

Talked to a guy in the parking lot during the frost delay and he told me how rude the employees are all the time so it leads me to believe it’s been like this for quite some time now. Sorry to give one star because it’s a good course. I just have to slam this place because I work in customer service and this is not okay. Clean up the clubhouse it’s pretty ugly for such a nice area.

Alright Spring conditions.... be aware CART PATH ONLY

Played Pine creek, it’s in good early season shape... just be aware cart path only...zero clubhouse or amenities available

Pretty Disappointed

Played 18 holes on Labor Day and what a disappointment. Let me preface this review by saying I've been playing Pine Creek for close to 30 years and for the most part it's been an enjoyable experience. But now part of the course is dry as a bone and part is a swamp that will eat your cart. There are NO rakes for the traps which is understandable but at $79 per round the course superintendent should have staff raking these daily at least, most looked like they hadn't been touched in weeks. The tee boxes aren't getting divots filled by staff and the problems with water are inexcusable for no more play than what it looks like they are getting. At 7:30 in the morning there was an entire hole open behind us. It's easy for courses to blame COVID19 but this is just lazy on the superintendents part to have these types of issue at this point in the season and expecting people to pay full price is a joke.

Great course layout but very poor operations

Played the course for the first time. Arrived at the course 45 minutes prior to my tee time of 7:10 only to find out we were the first ones to arrive. The staff did not arrive until 6:45 giving us a very short window to warmup. Due to the early hour, we arrived with the intent to purchase food at the course, however no food was available. In addition, the directions for the course clearly state that no outside food or drink are allowed. The cart girl came by at 8:45 with only two bags of chips to purchase, but told us there would be food at the turn. At the turn, we were informed that the "chef" did not show up so there was no food available to purchase. We never saw the cart girl again until we were approaching the 18th hold. As far as the course goes, there were quite a few spots where the water on the course was over an inch deep. Greens were inconsistent from hole to hole, there was no Marshall to be seen on the entire course and the sand, besides being hard as concrete due to over watering,, had not been raked in at least a few days. The course layout was great and there is a lot of potential there to make this a great course, but this does not appear to be the management team to do it. There are a lot of good courses in Co Springs, but this is not one of them.

Great layout but terribly operated

First time playing the course. The course layout was great but some parts of the fairway were flooded. Greens were in okay shape but the pace of the ball was uneven from hole to hole. Arrived 45 minutes early for a tee time of 7:10 to find out we were the first people there. No one from the golf shop arrived until 6:45 making our warm up very hurried. There was no food for purchase prior to tee off. We drove 45 minutes to get to the course and were informed ahead of time that we could not bring our own food or drink onto the course. The cart girl arrived at 8:45 with only a few bags of chips to purchase and drinks. At the turn, found out there still was no food to purchase because the "chef" did not show up. During the course of our round, we saw the cart girl twice (the final time approaching the 18th tee box). There was no Marshall to maintain pace of play or for other concerns. There was no one around when we brought our carts in when we were finished. The course has a great layout and has great potential but operations are horrible. There are a lot of great courses in Colorado to play, but this is not one of them, at least operationally.

Great Course and value rate

Course is in excellent condition and the flow on the course was good. My first time playing this course and enjoyed it very much!!! Everyone was friendly and hospitable. I will be back "many times"......Enjoy

Poor Management

Zander and Jim are the rudest people at the course. They have no people skills and customer service skills are lacking. Would never come back the course and for the money not worth the time. Course in poor condition.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hello, rjduran97. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Pine Creek Golf Club!

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hi billbrady. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Pine Creek Golf Club.

Great Course with Beautiful Views

One of my favorites courses and try to play it two to three times a week. Hard to beat for the value,. You won’t find a better value for the money. I’ve played just about all the courses in a 60 mile range of Colorado Springs and this is still one of my favorites for experience and challenge, hard to beat at any price you’ll find. FYI the run great specials if you use one of the golf apps. Play a round and experience for your self, don’t take someone else’s word for it. You won’t regret it.

Commented on 10/04/2019

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u8074035. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Nice views

The course was challenging and had Some great scenery. Was a little disappointed that the greens had recently been aerated and were still bumpy.

Commented on 10/04/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, fyereeter. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Challenging course, best value for the money

Course in great condition and will test your golf skills. I try to play Pine Creek Golf Club at least twice a month. I don’t think there’s a better value given the incredible views and challenging course. The new restaurant owners have really done a great job. The food is excellent and probably the best burger I’ve ever had. The home made fries and chips are highly recommended.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Love the course and the staff!

Course was awesome! The staff were friendly and the beer carts were on point!! I would highly recommend playing this course.

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Pine Creek Golf Club!

Very Nice!

The staff was very friendly and the course was very nice. I played from the tips just for a challenge, WOW! I’m glad I brought enough balls! “LOL” I _-

Commented on 09/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back again soon at Pine Creek Golf Club!

Kevin

I really enjoy the course had some challenging holes . Shot a 84 my first time on it I really think. I can just play a little bit better. Love the thin air Colorado had a few 300 yard drives . Great place to play .

Commented on 08/13/2019

Hi u8582588. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Pine Creek Golf Club!

Pine Creek is fair and a lot of fun! I've never been disappointed when playing here. One of my favorite Colorado Springs area golf courses. I probably play here at least 8 to 10 times a year.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Roderick! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Hello, Quincey. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Pine Creek Golf Club!

The course is beautiful and was in great shape

The course was challenging and in great shape. pace
of play was very good.

Fantastic Establishment!

First time ever playing at altitude or in Colorado for that matter. Course was nothing short of perfect! Fairways, greens, bunkers all in great shape. Conditions you pay 2/300$ to play in Texas. I’ll be back for sure!

4.1915
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at TownePlace Suites by Marriott and 2 rounds of golf at The Ridge at Castle Pines North.
DENVER, CO | Enjoy 1 night's accommodation at Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas and 2 rounds of golf at Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club.