Style Links
Back Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1997
Architect David E. Horne Allen Liddicoat (1997)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Golf School Academy Yes - "The Golf School at Back Creek"

Course ranger was an a-hole

Course was beautiful and really enjoyed the layout of it. Was a little slow having to wait at each tee box. However I still enjoyed the round. BUT the course ranger was an a-hole. He kept telling us that we were causing the back up. Which was weird because we were waiting at each hole. The group in front of us was waiting on a group in front of them as well. I even took pictures (for no reason, it made me feel better than to argue will an old man). The course ranger spoke to us with such disrespect. Liked the course but won’t play again.

Where’s my money!!

Booked on line have receipt charged me $24.00$ get to course/ said I didn’t pay!!!

Unnecessary Comments

At the turn, we stopped to get hot dogs and something to drink. The bartender who was the only person working was overwhelmed because he had a large group that was in the bar eating and drinking. We still ordered hot dogs which were not cooked and cold inside but we were understanding due to the crowded restaurant area. When we went out to the 10th tee box, the starter/ranger was there. He informed us that we were almost 20 minutes behind the preferred pace of play. We only saw the foursome in front of us at the 1st tee and we never saw the group behind us. As we approached the 16th tee, the same ranger drove up. After we teed off, he just had to stop us and tell us that the group in front of us had already teed off on the 18th. Not sure why he told us that other than he just felt like he needed to say something again. We did hurry on 10 & 11 but still no one was visible in front or behind us. I did say to him, are you complaining the the foursome behind us to which he replied, why are you concerning yourself with them. I said because they would have a reason to complain if we were holding them up. He just quickly drove off. I'm sure he must do a fine job for you, but we were playing with a member whose only comment was, I told you about him. Just thought you should know, he is the reason I would consider not returning to play again. I must add that the person in the pro shop that checked us in was excellent and a very nice person.

Great!!

Played here many times but not recently. Course in very good shape especially for December!!! Pace was good even though course crowded on warm December day. Will return!!!

Back Creek late fall

My first time playing Back Creek, initial impression is a solid course with challenging layout and enough distance to challenge all levels of golf. The fairways were ample and allowed plenty of fairway to land a ball. The condition of the course currently is an 7.5. You can see that there were some issues with tee boxes and areas on a couple of greens where there was almost chunks out of the greens surface. In addition, you can see the amount of crabgrass on the course as it slowly does. The good news is that the course has and is making the necessary repairs to stabilize the course condition and bring it back to a 9/10. Pace of play was great, finished in 4 hrs
and 15 minutes.
I had a great 62 degree day playing a fun and challenging course. I will be back.
Michael

Played with my son and the course was empty except for a couple with a 3 year old child in front of us. They let the kid try and tee off on every hole. No Marshall around to do anything about it. I used to love this course. I emailed the manager about this and got NO response. Don’t go here.

Course is highly overrated..... not 4 stars

The course is completely relying on reviews from when it first opened. Conditions of the tee boxes, fairways, and greens were terrible. This is the first time I’ve ever seen crabgrass on greens at any golf course. Quit after 9 holes totally disappointed. Will not play this course again at any price. One star rating at best.

Back Creek

Back Creek is a fun round with a few challenging holes while still remaining an overall mild layout for all skill levels to enjoy.

First time playing

I absolutely love this course, fairways, greens, tee boxes, even bunkers were in great shape.

Played with two nice gentlemen. The gentleman who checked me in was very nice, explained everything nicely.

Greens were not very receptive but that’s understandable this time of year. I will be back.

COVID 19 GOLF

Took the day to play the course during the new normal. No rakes, cups upside down and social distancing.

Of course everything was closed, but the Pro set up shop outside under a tent. Warm welcome, great explanation of rules and touched payment.

Course was in great shape, greens rolled true and bunkers were unexpectedly consistent.

I would recommend this course and return to play it again!

Look forward to carts, cups and a chance for an adult beverage.

Pennsylvania Advisor

Always a pleasure to go to this Hidden Gem

This course is absolutely awesome!! Amid everything going on with covet 19 the course is open and in great shape especially for this time of year! Greens are rolling very nice

Best Greens This Time of Year

I am finally going to review the course after 5 years of playing it regularly. However, this review is only for the conditions at this time of year. I am not kidding when I say that the greens are perfect. Three holes do not drain very well in the wet season (1, 11, 16) and are almost always cart path only. With winter rules and tight budgets, you aren't going to see the bunkers maintained. If you haven't seen the course, put it on your list of a "must try"

Wet and cold but fun nonetheless

Seems like it rains every time I play there but got it in and had fun! Greens we were a bit choppy but otherwise good round

Townsend, Delaware