Classic 18 at Sportsman's CC: 6th green

Style Traditional

Formerly known as Sportsman's Country Club - Classic 18 Course.

Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18

Year Built 1931
Architect Jacobson Golf Course Design (2005)

Carts Yes - $19

Golf School Academy Yes - "Northbrook Golf Academy"

Minigolf

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18!

Great course. Greens and tee boxes are fine. 10/10 would play again

Glad it's back

overall I like the course and the clubhouse/parking. Beverage prices at The Acorn are too high. Beers for $8-9 is too much vs local courses.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round as well as food and beverage. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more and enjoy their time with us. Thank you for playing Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

I was looking forward to playing this course after the renovation. The clubhouse was excellent. The new chipping green was very nice as well as the putting green. The staff was very friendly.
The greens & tees were redone and should improve over time. My major complaint was the price. I understand they need to help recover the cost of renovation. But I just think it was overpriced and should be in the $55-$65 range.

Commented on 08/31/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know all their hard work during the renovation is paying off. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. We look forward to having you back at Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18!

After spending $12 million it was disappointing that they eliminated red white and blue pin flags which made it a guess on some holes. Also yardage markers were removed as well as water stations.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/18/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18.

Disappointing

I was to see the redone course and to see the improvements that were made to a course closed for almost two seasons …however , I was very disappointed by the course conditons —the greens were almost unplayable.

Commented on 08/31/2021

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. The tee boxes ad greens will continue to mature and improve over the coming months! We will make note and we hope to see you back at Heritage Oaks Golf Club - Classic 18!

Nice course but ball marks...

Summary:
Good course, nice layout for most amateurs, but due to patrons not repairing ball marks the greens were in terrible shape.

I’ve played this course many times and nothing phenomenal or terrible stands out about the course itself. It is a decent track that you can enjoy if you’re an average golfer. The issue I have is not with the course itself, nor the greenskeepers for all practical purposes, it’s the people who play this course. The greens were virtually unputtable due to ball marks and pieces of turf that were ejected from balls landing on the green. I repaired 2-3 ball marks per green in addition to my own ball marks, and it would have taken 10 hours to repair all the marks if I just drove from green to green and repaired marks instead of playing golf.

If the course could stress ball mark repair in a more efficient fashion(I’ll admit that this is unlikely to make a difference), it may improve the conditions of the greens slightly, which in my opinion would really improve the amount of people who return to play this course again.

Sportsmans CC Is Great

The staff was great, the course well groomed.
Its a very fair course, though playing the first time does cost a few strokes. Played in just over 4 hours with a noon tee time, so for a public course, very OK to good

Putting on the moon

I have been playing the course for over 30 years. I don't remember ever seeing more ball marks on the greens. We were the 3rd or 4th group out, and there were several "fresh" ball marks on every green. The course is a nice layout, always has been. Deep bunkers, well kept fairways and tee areas, and nice greens except the ball marks were so bad it was hard to put. Such a shame, as it only takes an extra second to repair your mark and one other. Perhaps they should flash reminder messages on the GPS screen when approaching the greens!

Nice layout

Greens were a bit beat up a bit. Play the black tees if your a 20 or less as the maroon tees show you similar shots throughout the day.

Gem of a course with a great online price

Walked 18 yesterday morning for $31 and was pleasantly surprised by Sportsman’s. The course is in great shape and wasn’t overcrowded. Food at the turn was well above average for a halfway shack. Wish they had a grass range. Will definitely be back.

This is my home course . Great staff very friendly course is always in great shape and pace of play is always good

Deerfield, Illinois
Semi-Private/Resort
1.5
Prospect Heights, Illinois
Northfield, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.