Type Public/Municipal
Style Parkland

Chevy Chase Country Club (formerly known as Traditions at Chevy Chase Country Club) in Wheeling is one of Chicagoland's top public golf facilities. Thomas Bendelow designed the golf course in 1925. The classic layout remained largely the same until 2002 when a major renovation updated the course and made it more challenging. The layout now has deep pot bunkers lined with tall native fescue that border the generous, rolling greens and undulating fairways. Though it is more challenging than it was, the golf course still offers a player-friendly round. Four sets of tees also ensure that golfers can play to their skill level. The course finishes with its signature hole, a par 5 that features water both left and right of the landing area off the tee. Three massive bunkers and yet another pond all fiercely guard the green as well.

Chevy Chase Country Club (IL)

Year Built 1925
Architect Tom Bendelow (1925) Bob Lohmann (2002) Dick Nugent Todd Quitno (2002)

Commented on 11/29/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Chevy Chase Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Need Ranger

I play this course maybe 6 times this year.
I never play on weekends but even on week days pace of play can be slow. shhave a ranger.

Commented on 12/16/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing and we hope to see you again soon.

Good Course

Played the front 9 all summer and fall. Course conditions were great. Only complaint is that reserving a t time online costs more than doing it on the phone - not sure why?

Commented on 11/11/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! We apologize for any confusion about our online vs phone rates, they are subject to change. Thanks for choosing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Greens in great condition for this time of year..

We played this morning, calm at 40 degree weather sunny.. the course was in great shape.. the bunkers were a little wet early but that is to be expected..

The green were rolling perfect..

Great round.. weather permitting we will play here again next Sunday.

Commented on 10/25/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Great course. Not $60 great. But $40 sure

They had just aerated the greens like a few days before I went there and so I was expecting it to be really crummy And I had barely even noticed. Other courses the greens are unusable when they aerate and they don’t give a discount. Chevy chase did. So thank you for a nice day. Just get a driving range and you’ll be top notch in my book

Commented on 10/12/2021

Commented on 10/06/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Chevy Chase Country Club!

Nice Course, Slow Play

We were warned before tee off that pace was slow, and boy was that right. We were surprised that there was no marshal out on the course on such a busy day.

Commented on 10/04/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Commented on 10/01/2021

Commented on 09/28/2021

Commented on 09/22/2021

Golfer

Fun course too play but brutally painfully slow. Was waiting 10 mins on every tee waiting to tee off . Was a 6 some out there too. Course did a poor job of speeding up any play.

5 Hours of Slow Play - Not worth the money

SLOOOOOOWWWW Play.
No water on the course to drink.
Missing ball washers
No Ranger
No Beverage cart
Did I mention SLOW PLAY.
Cart keeps beeping telling us we are behind when we've been on top of the group in front of us all day.
Had to return first cart as it was not running very well. was given a dirty cart with a used Face covering in it. The starter wasn't very friendly. Pro shop being run by the bartender in a different room.
Service need to be improved.

Commented on 09/20/2021

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

On of the best courses around

Great place to play, fairways and greens well maintained , very challenging.

Commented on 09/13/2021

Hello, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Chevy Chase Country Club!

Commented on 09/13/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share your favorite part of your experience and what we can do to earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Chevy Chase Country Club!

Chevy Chase

Chevy Chase is a challenging course, usually in good conditions. Main drawback is the lack of drinking water. Very few places to get water, unless you buy it from the cart person, who rarely is around. Good value for the money especially for Seniors

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about water on the course is important to us. We are working to develop the best way to provide our guest with refreshments. We do allow outside drinks. We do not allow outside alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own bottled water, Gatorade, or another refreshment as long as it is alcohol-free. We are glad to see you rated everything else to be good during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Chevy Chase Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

What’s going on in management

Upon arrival I noticed there was a large outing going out, when paying for my round I asked the attendant How this was going to work considering a large outing going out and I was told that it was not a shotgun start. The front nine was moving very well we had two groups of ladies in front of us and everybody made the turn in under two hours and that’s when it all went south, The next thing we know the outing was in front of the ladies groups and in between us and the ladies and somehow got thrown in on the course, it was than that we were told that they had a shotgun start as a consequence we were not able to finish the round only playing 13 holes. All the staff who came out seemed to be confused and couldn’t answer our questions- we finally found out from someone in the outing that it was a shotgun start. Bottom line they should’ve never let us play today they should’ve closed the course in the morning and told people they had an outing going out with over 100 golfers, the course was in beautiful shape unfortunately it just seems to be mismanaged, No beverage cart no water on the course so be aware.

Commented on 08/30/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Chevy Chase Country Club, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/24/2021

Thank you for the awesome rating! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great experience, and thanks for choosing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Back Again

Since I rediscovered this gem of a course I have been back several times - and will be back again soon!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Chevy Chase Country Club.

Awesome Course. Good Pace of Play.

For being relatively late in the season, this course is in absolutely excellent condition. Play the course of once years ago so I didn’t even remember it.

As a lone golfer in a cart I played 18 holes in three hours and 45 minutes (620am tee time), which is fine by me. Had 4 1/2 hours earmarked for the round…so a welcome surprise.

The greens are heavily bunkered and there’s a fair amount of water… But nothing too difficult for the rec golfer. I thought the forward men’s tees and it was a challenge for me but a lot of fun.

I really didn’t come in contact with the staff as I played very early in the morning. Carts have a really nice GPS system.

Highly recommend it and will definitely be playing in the future

Commented on 08/19/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Commented on 08/19/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Chevy Chase Country Club.

Deerfield, Illinois
Riverwoods, Illinois
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Deerfield, Illinois
Long Grove, Illinois
Prospect Heights, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Savor the marvelous destination that is Northern Michigan and enjoy up to 36 holes a day during the long summer days! Our Boyne golf package features exceptional flexibility and selection thanks to two of the state's finest multi-course golf resorts.