Type Public/Municipal

Foss Park Golf Course has a convenient location in North Chicago that is an easy drive in from the city. It's a public course that is known amongst locals for being one of the area's best golf values. The layout is wide-open save for three holes that are framed by towering mature trees. The golf course strikes a good balance between being challenging and playable. The fairways are narrow and demand accuracy but the massive greens are more forgiving. Each hole offers a variety of different playing options, which makes the course appealing to a wide range of skill levels. The golf course has plenty of sand, plus water hazards come into play on several holes. There is also a driving range and large practice putting green available at Foss Park G.C.

Foss Park Golf Course

Year Built 1974
Fairways Blue Grass

Carts Yes - $11 - $15

Bar, Grill, Beverage Carts

Showers, Locker Rooms

Commented on 06/14/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Foss Park Golf Course!

Commented on 06/08/2021

Hi, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Foss Park Golf Course.

Commented on 06/08/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Foss Park Golf Course!

A mess!

Truly stunningly embarrassingly bad. The carts were beaten up, many had broken windshields. Should have taken that as an omen. Got to the course and the first hole had a foursome on the green, a single on the lady’s tee box who was teeing off, a man on the senior tee box who had just teed off, and a foursome on the back tees getting ready to tee off. Yes, FOUR GROUPS playing one hole. As a single, how was I supposed to fit in anywhere. I was sent to hole 10 by the very rude and confused starter, where I was met by three angry foursomes waiting and wondering where I’d come from. As I hopelessly went back to the clubhouse ready to call it quits and go back home (40 mins away, mind you), I was told by the head pro I could not get my money back from him, but rather that I had to call GolfNow. No “sorry” no nothing. When I called GolfNow, they called the pro shop to confirm the troubles I’d had. The Pro Shop apparently completely denied there were any troubles with my tee time; that I left on my own accord. What?!? Got my money back eventually but folks: do not golf here. Do not waste your money or your time. It’s a dump.

Commented on 06/14/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review and leave your feedback of your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the course with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us. It is always our utmost goal to provide our golfers with a fun and enjoyable time and apologize if we missed the mark. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop. We hope to hear from you soon!

Commented on 06/08/2021

Great course. Well maintained. Will definitely go back.

Commented on 06/01/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Foss Park Golf Course.

Idk vibes were off

Felt weird out there. Really tough greens to read. Some fast some slow some bad some good. Paired with a random that was acting like Tiger tryna win a masters. Took 4 hours to play 16 holes. Idk just wasn’t it. Layout was weird

Commented on 05/28/2021

5/13/21

Staff was extremely friendly and andante questions I had. I was paired up with someone that knew the course pretty well and had an enjoyable round.

Commented on 05/14/2021

We appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Foss Park Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Great ranger

The ranger was out there actually doing his job and speeding people along first time in a long time I've seen that he was very professional and friendly to course was in good condition except for a lot of dandelions

Commented on 04/30/2021

Thank you for visiting us at Foss Park Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Always enjoy playing here. Fun course and great putting and chipping area.

Commented on 04/15/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foss Park Golf Course thanks you!

No Starter

I have played this course a few times over the years. It appears as if the course has taken a hit from COVID in regard to barely seeing any personnel around the course. This is especially true in the absence of a starter or any rangers to make sure that game play goes smoothly. It took 2.5 hours to finish the front 9; ridiculous. The greens themselves seem to be well maintained though.
Price was great but would rather pay twice the amount to have smooth play. Will not be coming back for some time.

Commented on 04/15/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Foss Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/16/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Foss Park Golf Course!

Surprise, surprise, surprise

I live in Arizona and I'm out in Waukegan for month vacation and was nervous about playing golf in the midwest because the grass and everything is different. I booked a tee time me and my cousin and came out and played the fairway was the first thing I noticed of how compact but soffit was the greens were beautiful I learned really quickly not to hit the ball in rough or I'm have to go get another ball but the whole course was beautiful.
Booking another tee time now to play with some more friends.

Commented on 05/25/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Foss Park Golf Course.

Conditions and Staff Make Foss Park Special

Foss Park GC has always offered exceptional course conditions. This year, the course was almost in country club shape despite heavy rains and reduced staff due to the pandemic. What makes the experience special is how the staff works to make golfers feel welcome. Head pro Gabe always takes time to ask about your game and to offer tips on how to play the course. Clubhouse staffers Lupe, Cheneka and Agee serve up great food, beverage service and smiles. They make you forget all of your bogeys and double bogeys as soon as you finish your round.

Commented on 12/28/2020

Hi, Neal. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will make sure to inform the entire team of your kind words, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Foss Park Golf Course!

Good Course with friendly staff

The course has been a go-to course for me for the past several years. Gabe is a very friendly and welcoming manager. Makes you want to come back. Only drawback is more of the regular golfers who do bit exhibit very good golf etiquette and respect for other golfers.

Commented on 10/21/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Foss Park Golf Course thanks you!

Nice, Local Course

The staff was very friendly. We played 18 in about 2 hours as we were the first twosome on the tee sheet. There are some tight, challenging holes with a couple unique layouts. The greens are large, receptive, and true. Overall, always an enjoyable place to play locally.

Course was great but when we tried to make the turn to 10.... they let 9 hole only players start off the back 9 so we were wanting for 2 groups ahead of us every hole. IT WAS NOT GOOD!!!

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Foss Park Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/13/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Foss Park Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Waukegan, Illinois
Waukegan, Illinois
Mundelein, Illinois
Wadsworth, Illinois
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or Inn at Woodlake, and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits courses.
STEVENS POINT, WI | Enjoy 1 nights' accommodation at Holiday Inn Express and 2 rounds of golf at SentryWorld Golf Course.
Enjoy 2 nights' accommodations at Boyne's Highlands or Mountain resorts with the option to play 18 or 36 holes of golf of your choice between five Boyne golf courses.