Hickory Sticks Golf Club

Year Built 1998

Dress code Proper golf attire required.

Commented on 04/16/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We hope you enjoyed the day with us and come back soon. #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 04/18/2019

Austin, thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We hope to welcome you back for another round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Great Local Course

I have been playing here a lot recently as it is close to home, and have really been enjoying my rounds. The course superintendent and his staff are doing a great job keeping the leaves off the short grass and surrounding rough. Temperature permitting they have been changing hole locations and rolling the greens, which is more than I would ask for on January 7. Pace of play was about 3 hours for 18 holes.

This course is a great value, and I look forward to many more rounds here this year.

Commented on 01/09/2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Todd! We're committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience here at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, and we truly appreciate your dedication to playing our course recently. We look forward to having you back again soon and be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi Jonathan5269716, thank you for your 4-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi Noah8927267, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Fun, enjoyable course

I played 9 on this visit so I could make it back home to watch the UK football game. Gentleman in the clubhouse was very nice. I believe I heard someone call him Jeff. Course was in nice shape. Ran into one slower threesome when I arrived on the 2nd tee box. They waited for me on the 4th tee and let me play through. Knocked out 9 in about an hour & 40 minutes. Greens rolled nicely and were pretty quick. They also looked great. I’m not much of a long ball hitter but the fairways will run if you can hit them and there’s reachable par 5s.

There are some holes with elevation changes. One or two doglegs that you can shorten if you are willing to fly a tree to cut the corner.

I’ll be back many more times to play the course. It’s just a few minutes from my house so I’m addition to be a fun, challenging course; it’s a short drive to/from the course for me which is always nice.

I live right between this course and one other. I love that Hickory Sticks will let you book a tee time as a single. The other course within minutes of me will only allow you to book a tee time if you have a 3 or 4some. I don’t have many friends that play golf so I end up hitting courses alone quite a bit. Thank you Hickory Sticks for being accommodating for those of us that love this game but may not have any buddies that enjoy playing it.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Hi Derek7883862, we truly appreciate you choosing our course and rating us 5-stars. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We're glad to hear we can provide you with a great golf experience, and we look forward to having you back at Hickory Sticks Golf Club soon!

Commented on 09/18/2019

Hi spahre11, thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hello, u000006151170. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

Commented on 07/25/2019

Hello, u00000824706. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Hickory Sticks Golf Club.

They’re Back

Course was in EXCELLENT shape. Played a few times past year or so and it was average at best. They’ve definitively put some work into the course. Tee boxes were immaculate. Greens were very fast but true. Challenging but fair course. Some elevated tee boxes make for some scenic drives if you hit them well. I’ll be back.

Commented on 06/19/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review, great feedback, and choosing to play at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate the support and are glad to hear you're enjoying our course improvements. Check out your review on our Facebook page and come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Great value

This course offers good value. It is a fun but short course. I would have liked to see more bunkers and the bunkers that exist in better shape. However, the rest of the course looked good and the greens and tee boxes were well kept. Overall I would recommend to a friend.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review, recommendation, and sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your comments on our bunkers as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our golfers, but we're glad to hear we could still offer you a valuable golf experience. Come back to Hickory Sticks Golf Club for another round soon! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 05/23/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We hope to welcome you back for another great round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Staff is friendly course is great for a beginner. Challenging but not extremely hard.

Commented on 05/14/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback, Todd! We're glad you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Tight fairways, undulated greens, and uphill yardages make this course moderately challenging. A true master of their distance and course management will do well here.
Fairways need to be cut more regularly. Rough is good. Like the rough as much as the fairway

Commented on 05/15/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We appreciate your feedback as we're always looking to improved the experience for our golfers, but we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. Come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 05/03/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We look forward to having you back for another round soon. #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 04/23/2019

Justin, thanks for the 5-star review and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! We're glad to see you enjoyed your recent round with us. Come back soon! #HickorySticksGC

Commented on 04/08/2019

Robert, thanks for the 5-stars and choosing Hickory Sticks Golf Club! Join us again soon. #HickorySticksGC

As always, Hickory was a great time.

Had a great round at the course. Weather stayed about 50 degrees and sunny with no wind. Course is in nice shape and staff was very friendly.

Response from on 11/04/2018:
Brutus, thanks for the 5-stars and kind feedback! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at Hickory Sticks Golf Club. Come back soon!

Course was in great shape.

This course was in top shape. I have played here many times before, and was shocked by how well it played. Everything was up to par with all other features, and the only negative was a slow pace for the first four holes. The group creating the delayed allowed us to play through on number five. After that, it was clean sailing. The course ranger was friendly and polite, and a joy to talk with on the course. We saw him about 10 times during the round. He was clearly on top of things. A great day of golf.

Response from on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the awesome feedback and 4-stars! On behalf of our staff at Hickory Sticks Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. Can't wait to have you back for another one soon!
California, Kentucky