A view of a hole with water coming into play at Elks Run Golf Club.

Style Links

Elks Run Golf Club in Batavia was designed by Greg Norman. It sprawls across 163 lush and secluded acres where golfers will be hard-pressed to find a home anywhere close to the course. Norman carefully utilized the natural terrain, incorporating the meandering creek on several holes and also adding a few holes that venture up the side of a hill. Thanks to the dramatic elevation changes, there are some tees where your ball seems to stay in the air forever. The first nine is more open with a traditional links-style layout that then leads to the more densely wooded back nine. In addition to the trees and other natural hazards, there is also an unusually thick first cut of rough as well as tall stands of native grasses.

Elks Run Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Greg Norman (1999) Tad Burnett (1999)

Credit Cards Accepted Amex MasterCard Visa Discover card(s) Welcomed
Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Colared shirt required, no denim.

Snacks, Restaurant

Entertaining Clients 18

Well kept, challenging, but cramped

I played Elks Run for the first time today, and was quite pleasantly surprised with the course overall. The bent grass fairways are well kept, greens are nicely maintained. Hazards aren’t abundant, but the ones that are there are placed so as to make play challenging but not daunting. Rolling hills and cart paths through the tree lines make for a pleasant ride and beautiful views. My only complaint with the course as a whole is that it feels very cramped in places, so any misplaced shots may end up on another fairway or tee box.

The bigger issue I had was more with the ranger checking tee times at the first hole, rather than with the course itself. I’m a novice player (at best), having just picked up clubs again after a complete 15 year hiatus from golf. This was my first time playing this course, and I went out to play by myself. Being new again to golf, I’m more comfortable playing by myself as I’m still feeling out my game, getting my ranges dialed in, and refamiliarizing myself with the game as a whole. I got up to the first tee after waiting for 3 groups ahead of me, and the course ranger ended up putting me with another party. He didn’t ask me if it would be ok or if I felt comfortable going with a group in order to speed rate of play. Nope. Just “I’m going to put you with this group here.” So, what was supposed to be a relaxing round and a private learning experience turned into a really stressful and embarrassing time for me, as the players I was grouped with were far more familiar with the course and far better players than I am. The couple I played with were quite polite and didn’t degrade me or poke fun, but I was still very uncomfortable and quite embarrassed nonetheless.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hi, we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Elks Run Golf Club!

Commented on 09/20/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club!

Commented on 09/20/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Elks Run Golf Club!

Course is in excellent conditions
Staff is friendly and very pleasant

Commented on 09/20/2021

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon at Elks Run Golf Club.

Commented on 09/08/2021

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Elks Run Golf Club.

A real gem

What a beautiful and appropriate challenging course.

Commented on 09/07/2021

Hello. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club.

Commented on 08/30/2021

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club!

Course was in excellent shape. Challenging but fair. Nice layout and very playable.

Commented on 08/24/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club!

Great Day With My Son

This course was so much fun. My son and I will be back but on a day that is not so HOT! We decided to do 18 holes with temps over 100 degrees. We still had a Great Day spending valuable time together. I had not golf this course in a couple of years but I will be back for sure. only thing I would like to have back is a drink cart or water stations. Even with Covid protocols there is a way to put out water for the golfers when it is that hot. This is a really nice course.

Commented on 08/27/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your business. Elks Run Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 08/16/2021

I’ve now played at least 6 times and the course and staff have always been great and since my first round I always get excited when my group brings up playing at Elks Run! I live about 50 miles away in Ky. and don’t even think about the drive or the time it takes to get there I just get excited to go!!!
Thank y’all at Elks Run for always making our group feel welcomed!!!

Commented on 08/30/2021

Hi, thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club.

Commented on 08/09/2021

We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Elks Run Golf Club!

Commented on 08/09/2021

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Elks Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Excellent layout

Great layout, beautiful fairways and greens, and challenging. Tee boxes beat up though.Sand traps excellent shape.

Commented on 08/09/2021

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Elks Run Golf Club.

Beatiful course

This is a beatiful and excellent course, fairways well maintained, greens are good, but you have to incurage people to fix divots on the grees .play pace was good firs 9, then people cut in in fron of us on hole 10, it took 3 hours to complete back 9 while 1.5 hours front 9.
I will definetely recommend this course.

Commented on 08/09/2021

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back Elks Run Golf Club!

Commented on 07/30/2021

Hi, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Elks Run Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A Favorite

Always enjoy playing Elks Run when in Cincinnati. Course is challenging. Greens roll true. Can't wait to play there again.

Commented on 07/29/2021

Hello, thank you for visiting us at Elks Run Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Elks Run

Greens and Fairways in excellent condition. Rough in good condition. Our foursome finished in just under 4 hours on a Monday. No waiting. Ideal. Starter was very friendly and accommodating. thanks all.

Commented on 07/27/2021

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Elks Run Golf Club.

Commented on 07/26/2021

Batavia, Ohio
Amelia, Ohio
Batavia, Ohio
Goshen, Ohio
Milford, Ohio
California, Kentucky
Hamersville, Ohio
LAKE GENEVA, WI | Discover Lake Geneva’s premier must-visit destination at Geneva National Resort & Club. Located off the wooded slopes and shores of Lake Como, the semi-private Geneva National presents 54 holes of legendary golf designed by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino, along with on-course lodging at the Cottages & Suites at Geneva National.