Connemara Golf Course

Year Built 1992
Architect Jack Ridge

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2020 #15)

Thick Rough 21

Commented on 10/12/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Connemara Golf Course!

Great course but left a little disappointed.

First off everything started great. Had a 4:45pm tee time but they let us start a little early. Having just drove from out of state to play we were ready to go. We started off directed to go to #10. I knew right when we got to the tee box and the Marshall asked where those kids went this can’t be good. He informed us they can’t tee off together because there were 5 and they’ve already been warned once today. Unfortunately this issue never got resolved and about 6 or 7 holes later they all got back together. It really slowed pace of play. Unfortunately no one from the course was there to bust these kids up and as a player it wasn’t my place. Later in the round I just decided since there was only 2 of us to skip a hole they were on and go to the next one. Unfortunately time ran out on us this round and we only got 15 holes in before being told to get the carts in. We didn’t get to finish the course and we know we could’ve if not for the blatant disregard for fellow golfers by those kids. I wish there would’ve been more enforcement from the course. Don’t feel like I got to enjoy my first trip to this course due to this. Positives were the course was laid out great and maintained well. Just disappointed I didn’t get the round I paid for.

Well maintained

Well maintained, challenging greens, beautiful views, good beer but not a very good variety

Commented on 09/27/2021

Thank you for your review, we will pass along your positive experience to our team at Connemara Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/27/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Great value!

I play this course frequently. The rates are fantastic and the course is always in good condition. The layout is very nice and there are several challenging holes.

Commented on 09/20/2021

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Please visit again soon. Thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Commented on 09/14/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, u314162173539. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Connemara Golf Course!

Connemara

This course is well worth the money. It feels like a private course even though it is public. The only downside of the course is that there was no cart girl and not a lot of shade. However, the rough, fairways, bunkers and greens were all in great condition. I plan to play here more often. It’s like a little taste of Irish golf in Lexington.

Commented on 09/14/2021

Hello, jhfranke. Thank you for visiting us at Connemara Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Golf Now regrets

The communication between GN and the courses need improvement. Tee time was in the last part of a outing.

Commented on 08/23/2021

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us, u314159913659. We are going to pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks for visiting Connemara Golf Course, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 08/16/2021

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u314160965480! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Connemara Golf Course!

Hello jeffsterne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating! We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future to earn that last star!

Commented on 08/09/2021

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Futbol34. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round at Connemara Golf Course!

TOO CROWDED

I love this course. I play it 10-15 times a summer. But idk if the course is trying to make money back from the pandemic or what, but it was SO crowded and congested. I didn’t even finish the 18 and left on hole 5 (started on back 9). Was not enjoyable may not be back this summer. Course was in great shape though!

Commented on 08/09/2021

Hello, TCobb09. Thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to apologize for your recent experience.

We're sorry to hear you were less than satisfied during your round. We pride ourselves on our providing great service and the high quality standards we maintain.

We would like to make things right. Please reach out to our management team at the pro shop, and thank you for choosing Connemara Golf Course.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 08/02/2021

Hi, u314161792683. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Connemara Golf Course!

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi, 19jhadams. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience and what we can do earn that last star! Thanks for golfing at Connemara Golf Course!

Commented on 07/26/2021

Hi, u314161883158. We would love to hear more about your positive experience on our course. Please contact us to share with us your favorite part of your experience. Thanks for golfing at Connemara Golf Course!

Great value

Greens and FC airways were in great shape and restrooms were clean and had plush toilet paper. No water on the course and pro shop was closed but running from a card table in the restaurant . Shop attendant not too friendly but Mike the starter and a greens keeper were super friendly. Holes 5-7 have such great character but most other holes are a bit boring.

Commented on 07/19/2021

Hi Rhondalmcgee,
Thank you so much! Connemara Golf Course is so appreciative you took the time to leave us such a positive review! We look forward to your future experiences and your continued loyalty!

Beautiful course

Nicely layout, good conditions. the only thing that I saw that was slightly negative was that the divots on the tee boxes need to be filled in other than that of course was an excellent shape.

Commented on 07/01/2021

Hi jeff7883570!
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback! We appreciate it! Looking forward to seeing you at your local Connemara Golf Course! Please let us know about your future experiences!

Hilly layout with some blind tee dhots

The course was in good condition but the greens were slowed by intermittent rains. Could have used a course layout booklet. Scorecards had minimal info. Good value!

Commented on 06/15/2021

Hi, MrBogey55. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Connemara Golf Course.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hi, careykennison. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Connemara Golf Course.

Tee boxes could use some work but fairways and greens were great.

Commented on 06/07/2021

Hi, ttrumble. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Connemara Golf Course.

4.1911764706