Timber Trace Golf Club in Pinckney, Michigan, USA | GolfPass

Timber Trace Golf Club

Year Built 1998

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Thick Rough 9

new management doing great work

Course is in great shape
My new favorite to play in the area

First time here, really impressed at the conditions. Staff obviously works hard to keep it maintained. Course is fairly open with no water hazards. Pace of play was reasonable, didn’t see a beverage cart though.

Encouraging comeback in progress

This track had suffered from a long period of neglect from the prior owners. Short of an endless supply of money, and in today's labor market, there is only so much progress to be expected in a short period from the new owners. So far so good. And the price is right for the condition of the course.

Getting there

Great round of golf. You can tell they are working hard to getting it back to where it was. Really, it’s impressive work. The bunkers still need some fine tuning and the greens were a tiny bit inconsistent.

Pace was great.

Course in great condition expect for greens. It appears they had some winter damage that has not recovered to date.

Nice but overpriced.

Good and hilly, challenging course, but a little too high-priced for the value in my opinion, given its condition relative to other courses in the area. Greens have many, many large white spots & rings-- maybe from prior holes. There are no on-course structures for restrooms, only portable ones. They could also benefit from better signage for navigation between holes. You have to cross neighborhood streets about 8-10 times, and a few trips are long. Got lost a few times. Also, holes 13-16 are like a mile from the rest of the course, and it was not clear initially how far I had to go and whether I was going the right way. Longest trip on a golf cart ever. (I doubt they would let anyone walk this course). I had to ask residents in the neighborhood for directions a few times during the round. It kind of made me mad that I was wasting so much time just getting to the next hole, when a few more signs would help do the job quite easily. Anyway, the neighborhood is very nice with large, expensive homes being built, and some of the scenery is nice between holes. It is true what they say that the course has an up-north feel with the tall trees. For players, they do give you a very nice and thorough yardage booklet, so if you are a more accomplished player, perhaps you would take better advantage of that to place your ball in the right spots. I was able to get $10 off the already -discounted Hot Deal price thru GolfNow, but I'm not sure I would go again for full price. Maybe when I get better, so I don’t lose so many golf balls!!

Work in progress

The new ownership group seems to have tier ducks in a row and I have faith that this track will get back to where it once was but as of now there’s a lot of disease in the greens, A LOT. Not their fault but isnt much fun to play on. Love the layout though. In time I think this will be one of the best around if they stick to the plan.

Timber Trace Review -Ryan Kracht

Beautiful course! I love the layout of the course. Beautifully designed holes as well as a nice pace of play. Didn’t catch the name, but the GM inside of the clubhouse was very friendly and seemed like a well put together man. I’m excited for the next time I get to get out and play this course again. And not only is the course beautiful, but the driving range is excellent as well! Can’t wait to get back out at Timber Trace Golf Club!

Timber trace

Course layout is fantastic, very playable for the average golfer but also challenging. The greens were running around a 10.5. Newer carts, and a good grill for food at the turn. Can’t ask for much more

Do not want your money

Course was in the worst shape I have ever seen. Dried up greens, fairways and tee blocks. Thought I was playing on a dried up field.The most deplorable conditions for a $50 round. Wouldn't pay $10 to play this course and would highly recommend avoiding at all cost.

Gone badly downhill

We used to play this course a lot because it was in great shape and fun with reasonable prices. Today we played and payed 55.00,was not a 25.00 course,fairways were burned,greens were like cement,the 10th tee you could not put a tee in the ground it was so hard,waste of time and money unless you like hitting off dirt,told the counterperson about it and he said"just pretend you are playing in Scotland",never again,no wonder it was almost empty!

Golf Course Bad Shape! Don't Play There, Not Worth The Money!

DON'T GOLF THERE! The course is in terrible shape! Most of the fairways are burned out! We paid $52.00 to golf at less than farm quality course! And the man behind the counter was a smart aleck! When we complained about the condition of the course, at the turn, he said "Pretend you're playing in Scotland "! No apology for the condition of the course and it cost $10.00 more than the last time I played here! I won't recommend this course or be back again! At a minimum, they should have given us a discount or a coupon for 50% off the next time we played there, that would have been good business. They could have even offered a free hot dog and pop for our troubles, but no. They didn't mention the condition of the course when we called or even have a sign up in the clubhouse to apologize about it when we got there! They told us the pumps for the sprinkler system failed and that is why the course is in bad condition. I sell pumps for a living and know if you really want to find a pump, there is always someone that will have one that works. As burned out as this course was, it has been a while since they last watered, so they haven't been looking too hard for replacement pumps! I guess they're like the Lions, why spend the money when the people will still come out!

COURSE IN BAD SHAPE DON'T PLAY THERE! NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

What happened?!

I’ve play over 100 rounds at this course. The past 2 years the price has gone up and quality of this course has gone drastically down hill. Tee boxes were half dead, fairways were half dead and had weeds, the rough hadn’t been cut in over a week, they re did some bunkers and it went horibly wrong, the greens were in very very bad shape. I love this course and it’s design but until this is fixed I will not return. Fall rates after 4pm and still paid 40$. Very sad.

Pinckney, Michigan
Pinckney, Michigan
Chelsea, Michigan
Dexter, Michigan
Howell, Michigan
Howell, Michigan
Chelsea, Michigan
Stockbridge, Michigan
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 2 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn at Woodlake and 3 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River or Meadow Valleys Course) and Whistling Straits (Straits or Irish Course)
KOHLER, WI | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at The American Club or the Inn on Woodlake and 4 rounds of golf at Blackwolf Run (River & Meadow Valley Courses) and Whistling Straits (Straits & Irish Courses).
WHEELING | Enjoy 3 nights’ accommodations at Oglebay Resort’s Wilson Lodge and 2 rounds of golf at Oglebay Resort – Palmer & Jones Courses.